Can a tall person fit in a 308/328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can a tall person fit in a 308/328

Discussion in '308/328' started by tjgreen27, Jan 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i'm 6-4 and fit in the gtb perfectyl!!! 36" inseam...long legs are not a problem.

if you are long waisted...it may be a tighter fit.

Big Swole likes this.
  2. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I would be more worried about the size of your girlfriend. If she is a full-figured girl you might have a real problem with the 308’s. The BIG girls just do not like getting in and out of such a low slung car. You would be much better off with a cute petite one. If you aren’t sure if your girl will be ok with the car, you can always post her picture here (full figure would be the best shot) and we will help you with any foreseeable problems. Remember that we are here to help.

308 milano and Big Swole like this.
  3. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #28 Matto, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    6'3" and 235. I'm fine in my GTS, with or without the top. With the top on, I just tilt the seat back a bit. In the end, drive one of them and see how it feels. You can always tweak the car with steering column spacers, etc.

4. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    6'3", 228lbs, perfect in a GTB, can't do a GTS.

5. Be like Mike

Be like Mike Rookie

Aug 5, 2011
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Carmichael T. Harris
    I have not been in a GTB. I have a 328 GTS and I fit fine. 6'2" 220 lbs. I have long legs and my head is right at the removable top, but I have learned to sit lower by leaning back a bit.

It's worth it.

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    In my GTB I actually don't have the seat all the way back, plenty of leg room, and I can wear a helmet in the car without lying back too much. I plan on running some autocrosses this year. They really have a lot of room for being such small cars.

Funny, my wife and I have been watching old Magnum episodes on Netflix and it's clear how much his head sticks above the windshield header. He definitely sat upright in the car. I also love that they actually drove the car, filmed in the car, and didn't dub the sound. Although it's amazing how much quieter it sounds than mine!

7. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    #32 Hans, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I"'m 6'4" too.

Get a GT4. The difference is MASSIVE. The GT4 is in fact a lot roomier inside than even a 360!

The silly on-your-back driving position that you will have to assume in order to keep your head inside will make your driving experience sub-optimal as well.

My ex GF owned (owns??) a 328 GTS. I could sort of drive in it. Leaving the roof at home was the best option. Still, it was way cramped. Not just in legroom and headroom, but also in shoulder and elbow room. The GTS is a petite car. The GT4 again is much MUCH roomier than that. Perfect fit for 6'4".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm 6' 2" at 265 lbs - ISH, and more on the athletic build side (Going away fast at my age)

Based on my pic here standing next to my 2012 Turbo S, Will I fit okay for day mountain drives in a 308 / 328??

I've had both ACL's replaced in both knees and broken both feet from motorcycle racing over the years, so I have to get out and rest often anyway.

Anybody in Atlanta Area have one I could test fit in?? PM if so. Looking to buy my child hood dream car if I can fit and enjoy it.

[​IMG]

9. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I think you would probably fit OK. I’m 6’0” and 200 pounds. No problems at all fitting in my 308 GTS QV but it is kind of a PITA getting in and out of the vehicle so I don’t scrape across the seat bolster. Would look for a 308 GTB or 328 in either GTB/GTS (better AC). Good luck with your search!:)

Big Swole likes this.
  10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Yo, save some muscles for the rest of us bro, godamn

308 milano and Big Swole like this.
  11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Why did you burr your face, did you steal the car? :) :)

Saabguy likes this.
  12. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    I love the look of the GTB's but would really love the top off affect of a GTS at times.

YES, I'm very hot natured and must have working AC. So a 328 or 308 with modern AC conversion is a MUST!!

Thanks for the reply.

LOL LOL

Thanks man, but it's all a "Facade". I take it all off at night. lol

At 48, it's all naturally going away anyway. lol.

LOL

No, That was a pic I modified for something else I had to post in, so I just used it here too.

With what I do for a living, I have to catch car thieves, not steal cars. lol.

Here... Here's my ugly mug. I just didn't want to ruin the thread with it. lol

[​IMG]

Dane, Rosey, 308 milano and 1 other person like this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Who are you, a former NFL offensive lineman? :D

You can fit inside a 308, no problem (only at 6' 5" or more you won't fit in) but you are too big to get in and out without some contortions: don't worry, you just have to learn the correct movements to get inside.

ciao

Big Swole likes this.
  14. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    "Based on my pic here standing next to my 2012 Turbo S, Will I fit okay for day mountain drives in a 308 / 328??"

Look at post #2 in this thread. I (on the left) am exactly 6 ft tall. The previous owner is on the right. I would have assumed that he was too large overall to fit but he said he did with no problem. HOWEVER, I never saw him actually sit in the car! ;)

I can JUST fit in the car as far as headroom. I can't wear a hat of any kind. SO, as noted, it all depends on your torso/leg length. Based on height alone, it is impossible to say who will fit. The only way to be sure is to sit in one. :( Of course...there is a difference between being "comfortable" for a 20 minute jaunt as opposed to a 14 hour stint behind the wheel driving across country. ;)

Frankly, looking at your photo, my gut reaction is that you won't fit; I think your torso is too long but the photo/lens/angle may be distorting that.

Big Swole likes this.
  15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm 6'3 270 lbs and cannot fit in a GTB. I have posted here before about one of the worst days of my life when I found my dream car an 84 grigio GTB for sale and drove over 6 hours to see it, drive it and presumably buy it only to find out I don't fit I had to bend my neck to sit in it no matter how I positioned the seat. I can fit in a GTSI with the top off but can't drive it comfortably with the top on or stowed behind the seat. I ended up with a Mondial coupe which I was very comfortable in. Like others have said you really have to sit in one as everyone is different. One thing that a lot of guys complain about that I never had a problem with was the footwell. I have size 13W feet but the only time I had a problem was once when I tried to move my Mondial while wearing workboots.

Big Swole likes this.
  16. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don't forget when you try these cars out, you can adjust the steering column. I'm 6'3" and didn't fit until I adjusted the column and added a steering wheel spacer. No top behind the seats in my GTS and I could position the seat and lean it back for an ideal driving position.

83911SCDrew and Big Swole like this.
  17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm hoping that I shrink in my old age.

Big Swole likes this.
  18. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Your height isn’t the only determining factor here. I am 6’4” and although I need to adjust the seat all of the way back and tilt it against the firewall, I am able to fit. How your are proportioned is equally as important as how tall you are. I have long legs, 36” inseam so I have difficulty changing gears from 1st to 2nd as the shifter is under my right knee, all of the other gears are okay. Short legs and bigger torso and you may sit too high and have a headroom issue. At the end of the day, it’s best to sit in one and make the necessary adjustments to get comfortable before you consider buying one. Initially, you may feel cramped and uncomfortable, I did when I bought mine. I can assure you though, that any comfort issues that you may have will quickly evaporate once you are putting a 308 through its paces!

19. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks everyone!!

I'm meeting an owner in two weeks to see, fit, and drive it. I might end up with one if I can fit.

I'll keep everyone posted. I appreciate everyone's input.

David

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m 6’, about 190 and I fit just right in my 89 328 GTB. Still, any bigger and it’ll border on uncomfortable. You may also want to take a spin in a 355. It is leaps beyond the 328 in refinement, interior space and the AC is very effective. And, before anyone attacks me, I have both a 328 GTB and a 355 Berlinetta. I love them both (328 a bit more), but I’m trying to advise this man so he makes a good decision.

Big Swole likes this.
  21. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David

I appreciate it for sue. Love the 355, but just heard they have a few issues and more maintenance cost. However, If I fit better in it, It might be the only option. I assume the 360's are even better.

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Ferrari moved into a whole new era with the 360. Though I’m not a fan, it certainly is much more user friendly and comfortable to operate. As for the 355 having issues and maintenance problems, I’ll just say that some stories grab a hold of people’s consciousness and take on a life of their own. As with any car, buy a good solid car that has been properly cared for and it should be fine.

Dane and Big Swole like this.
  23. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    No problem, you will! :) :(

rob likes this.
  24. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Well, I had the opportunity to get in and drive an 85 QV with and without the top on.
    I believe the car has the steering column spacer and a smaller flat bottom steering wheel.
    My head is JUST barely hitting the top inside with it on, but all I had to do was "sckooch" down just a hair.
    Seems to be an okay fit once I'm in and set.
    Fun car to drive for sure. Took some getting used to but very fun.

Now... Decisions Decisions.

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dane likes this.