Can Ferrari win | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Can Ferrari win

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, May 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Spec 2 upgrade for MB in Canada.:oops:

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    william likes this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

william likes this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    ^This. Pathetic that many are celebrating a 4 time WDC's 2nd place finish like it was a Ferrari win but that is likely the ceiling for the Scuderia barring some miracle.

crinoid and william like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    sampelligrino and william like this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    the blows just keep on coming

sampelligrino and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Take me to the station
    And put me on a train....;)

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I can see that even you are impressed by that.

These Mercedes engines run like clockwork !

Bas likes this.
  9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who is celebrating Vettel’s second place? That’s the one thing I have NOT seen a single person doing in any thread here since Sunday? You are clearly anti-Ferrari, but don’t start making **** up, I haven’t seen anyone pretending Ferrari have ANY level of performance at the moment

kes7u likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The problems started when Vettel was hired? I forgot that we were WDC and WCC champions from 2007 thru 2015, damn, how did I forget. I’m sorry mate, but Vettel is not the cause of Ferrari’s woes. Ferrari have not had a full grip on F1 since 2008, the last time they had a truly competitive car. Alonso and Vettel are perfectly capable of winning races and championships with the right equipment under them, but neither has had a championship contender car.

Alonso was lumbered with a ridiculously disastrous car, which he injected with his own guile and determination, and almost won championships without having any right to do so with the equipment he had. Vettel had a good car at the start of both 2017 and 2018, but the FIA were keen to remove Ferrari’s competitiveness immediately it was on show, and additionally, helped Mercedes by making rule changes to remove our performance, and enhance their performance, evidenced through the tyre debacle of 2017 whee tyre compounds were changed to a type that suited Mercedes but not the other 9 teams, immediately switching the balance of performance away from Ferrari and towards Mercedes, plus many other changes, and in 2018, the oversensitive testing of Ferrari exhaust and engine to TRY to prove there was some extra burning of oil that boosted our performance, and all the while, a blind eye turned to what were deemed ‘illegal/legal’ wheels used by Mercedes as a movable aero device, and craftily removed from the cars to avoid sanction ONLY ONCE THE POINTS difference were unassailable

Ferrari have not had a CHAMPIONSHIP contender since 2012 and Alonso, don’t kid yourselves, even the most liberal interpretation of our performance WITHIN the team does not claim such high regard for the teams challenge for the last few years

Bas likes this.
  11. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Mercedes does nothing wrong and Ferrari can't do anything right.

paulchua, DF1, william and 1 other person like this.
  12. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    The Germans always seem to know what they are doing, don't they? I mean our space program wouldn't have been a success without them after all.

Maybe Ferrari's engineers and strategists should be Germans... with false Italian passports.

william likes this.
  13. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I did the factory Atelier tour in April 2019. Later that afternoon my brother and I met one of the F1 mechanics who worked on Schumi's cars and is still part of the F1 mechanic crew. He stated that the second sensor fitted to the car last year did cause a drop in performance. The main complaint that resulted in the second sensor being fitted came from Merc and RB. He explained that Ferrari took a different path to all the other teams with the cable layout of the hybrid system whereby Ferrari had one cable in and one cable out. The other teams had two cables in and two cables out. The Ferrari system was more efficient by being faster in the delivery of the electrical current.

This year lo and behold Merc has adopted the same layout of one cable in and one cable out.

Can Ferrari win on their own merit this year, unfortunately I believe not. Merc is a well oiled machine that is unstoppable. I hate to say it but looks like Honda is improving at a rate that RB will be the number two team very shortly and Ferrari will be trying to stay ahead of Mclaren as the number 3 team. if we get fourth place finishes then they can be considered a win with a fifth place finish as well being considered as a dominant win above all other teams excluding Merc and Max.

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Honda has bigger aspirations of just being an engine supplier IMO. Once they get the engine side locked down with performance and reliability at Merc levels, they will become a full works team at Milton Keynes. Plus they have the cash to entice the best in Great Britain.

It would be nice to see another team added to the grid and also take the fight, along with RB, to Mercedes IF not Ferrari

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I though Honda would have learnt their lesson by now.
    Every time Honda wants to be more than an engine supplier by creating a team, they failed.
    Their best bet is to stay as an engine builder for the long term, improve their engine to make it the dominant one.
    Then they can supply as many teams as they can, and insist for their Honda logo to be in large letters on the engine covers of their clients.
    They will obtain more like this than starting a new team, build their own chassis and go through all the pains all over again.

I will say the same probably goes for Renault too.

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    They are a stubborn bunch are'nt they??

william likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree.

And the only reason Ferrari was even a contender in 2010 and 2012 was of one factor: Alonso. His ability to drive the car to places where it didn't belong saved Ferrari from further embarrassment.

Excluding this year, where Ferrari have gone with a completely wrong concept, Ferrari improved YoY with Vettel and Kimi on board. The question is who brought more to the team regarding technical insight is a different matter...When Kimi spend 2014 driving about gathering data IMO was crucial to the resurrection of the team. Vettel is quick for sure, but IMO he can't do what Alonso can (few people can). Where Alonso again lacked was precisely the technological insight and erm, "team management". Great performances helps a great deal but more is needed in a team like Ferrari. And that's where Vettel currently lacks....his inter-team management is fantastic, but let down by crucial mistakes that really can't happen as often as it does, it demoralizes the team entirely.

I think Verstappen can bring that Alonso factor but I'm unsure if Max can bring Vettel's good sides to the team, for now. He gets on great at Red Bull, being a more youthful team and that's exactly how Horner manages the team. That's why I think Ricciardo will be a great fit inside Ferrari. Certainly a quick guy, on Vettel's pace at the least and very consistent, and he's a joy to be around. It could lift the team.

Ricciardo - Leclerc is my favourite (and most likely) combination.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    max vs charles would be a disaster in my opinion....Could be great fun and epic, but only if Ferrari had a dominant car and a full working team, otherwise it would end in tears...

daytona355 likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    stavura and daytona355 like this.
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I think he puts out a good wish for Ferrari, always. But not this cannot be missed. The team are not in good shape currently.

Bas likes this.
  21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Very disappointing season.

I do not think we will see Ferrari win a race this year. I would think by the end of the Canadian race you’ll have seen Ferrari on all the varieties of tracks to gauge how they will do the rest of the season.

So I’ll still watch and likely be fast forwarding a lot.

They really need to burn the whole team down and start rebuilding...

Time to just enjoy and drive the streetcars on Sunday’s.

Robb

daytona355 likes this.
  22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    IF everyone keeps their heads tomorrow, then we have a very good chance.

Bas and crinoid like this.
  23. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Really boom Strolls engine - maybe Merc have got new spec wrong

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It certainly seems that way. I tip my hat to Mercedes, truly formidable competitors.