Can I see your keys? | FerrariChat

Can I see your keys?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mobinakhtar, Oct 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Hello Friends.

I am sad because I recently purchased a 10 Cali that had a supposed "spare key" that Previous owner was supposed to look for and get to me in addition to the battery tender. Today I was informed that he cannot find that key and will be dropping off the battery charger only.

I only have ONE red Keyfob. Can someone plz post a pic of the other/spare/valet key or keyfob so I can see what it looks like?

thanks in advanced - I guess I can find from the dealer what its gonna cost me.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My two keys look the same...T

good2go likes this.
  3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Mine too

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Should be the same key essentially for the spare

5. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    My understanding is they are expensive. I would request the person purchase you the new key.

6. CaliforniaK

CaliforniaK Rookie

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Katie
    OMG, that could have been my post. I just bought a 10 California, with only 1 key. I just got an email from my local Ferrari dealer that said: "Additional key would be $949.00 and $165.00 to code to the vehicle. For security reasons, would need make copies of valid driver’s license at current registration/title to obtain. Part will have to be pre-paid because it is non-returnable."

7. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Now if I can buy a key blank - I do have the programmer.

8. CaliforniaK

CaliforniaK Rookie

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Katie
  9. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Key grooves can be cut by ACE Hardware or any decent locksmith. Its the fob part that have to match. I have the Autel MS908P Programmer that might program the Ferrari Key.

10. CaliforniaK

CaliforniaK Rookie

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Katie
    Given that the Ferrari one is $1100, and the eBay fake is $60, seems like a cheap test to see if it works...

11. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    OMG You just read my mind - I finished ordering it on ebay and then saw your comment. Will keep forum posted once it arrives in 3 weeks. Its 433MHz so hope it works here in USA I don't recall is US spec is 433 or 300MHz.

I paid $69 shipped - This one clearly showed the Cavallino insert (from the back of the case) and the transmitter RFID.

12. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    will be interested in your outcome, have a similar issues with my second set of keys for the Cali, the dealer I bought from got a second key made by Ferrari S.p.A, however we couldn't program it because they were cut differently.
    Ferrari is saying not possible, maybe the locks were changed etc ...so our alternative option is to order a blank key and get it cut locally and re-programmed.

13. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    so the cuts are different compared to your original working key? if they look very close but don't work - then you may want to have the key remapped by a locksmith using your original. it could be a metal burr or incomplete tunnel that re-routing in the machine will fix. At least your remote will work.

I had a key cut for my Lexus years ago so I know that inversed keys can be cut by a competent locksmith.

Waiting for my blank to arrive.

14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Mo... Europe is 433 MHz.

Google

frequency Ferrari fob MHz site:www.ferrarichat.com

and there's a ton of info.

There's also a guy, who goes by the username Gobble. His posts are worth a read.

Good luck...T

15. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    the cuts are totally different, the Ferrari Dealer here took photos and sent it back to Italy, to know avail, Ferrari adamant the replacement key cut is correct and that perhaps the locks have been changed ?
    So i will go the blank route.

16. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Oh O - The key blank I am getting is 433 Mhz. Hope it will work in my US delivered Cali. Thanks for the info Tom.

Moby

17. CaliforniaK

CaliforniaK Rookie

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Katie
    I asked about California key replacement on Mark's web site (FerrariFobs), and he very quickly responded that he doesn't do CA Keys. Not that Tom suggested Mark did do California keys, but I was excitedly hopeful. :) Thought I would pass on the disappointment here in this forum.
    And, what Tom actually said (about Mark's posts being worth a read), is totally true...

18. Mpaul

Mpaul Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    Munish Paul
    Anyone had success with this?