Can we stop the Purosangue? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Can we stop the Purosangue?

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by nicolaprince, Sep 1, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you love or hate the Purosangue project?

1. I love it, i want one!

101 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. I hate it, please stop it now!

121 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. nicolaprince

nicolaprince Karting

May 16, 2021
    Bologna, Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicola Prince
    Ferrari Utility Vehicle. The Ferrari you use to go buy salad, or pay the bills, or bring your dogs in the woods. :D
    Sorry for the joke, I am biased... :)

elephantgrinds and 635CSI like this.
  2. nicolaprince

nicolaprince Karting

May 16, 2021
    Bologna, Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicola Prince
    Oh wow! Love the 250 2+2, Ffantastic car!!! :eek::eek::D

paulchua likes this.
  3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thank you, and look at the size of the trunk ;)
    When my truck was in the shop my Lusso has pitched in and carried bags of fertiliser too.

But you have a very good point, for me the key word in SUV is UTILITY.
    SPORT (practically)is an oxymoron.
    Utility has a beauty of its own.
    A UV has a place in my heart, an SUV not so much

But each to their own.

4. VigorousZX

VigorousZX Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2011
  5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

Looks like something out of the Nissan lineup.

elephantgrinds and Boomhauer like this.
  6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Ferrari SUV they would do great if they just do what Lambrghini , Bentley, Audi ,, and others have done and simply allow
    PORSCHE to build them on the Cayenne platform it is the best SUV platform going ... the Bentley gets partially assembled by the Porsche people then sent to England for final finishes...the others just get built on the same assembly line ...
    and they are all great vehicles ....imho
    although I know that is not likely

elephantgrinds and 635CSI like this.
  7. VigorousZX

VigorousZX Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2011
    The DNA used are the Pininfarina Sintesi as a base with the Battista model for the nose and Ferrari 296 headlights. It was commented that it looks like a Lamborghini and I see Lamborghini Huracan similarities in it now.

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I didn't know that. Isn't the Porsche SUV platform the VW platform with a different engine?

So what you are saying is the Lamborghinis and Bentleys are just Porsches in costume. (And if I am right the Porsches are just VW's in costume.)

What's the point? These vehicles have no soul. Just a costumed SUV that costs more than original platform it is based on.

A few years ago, before the smartphone era, there was some fancy phone called Virtu (I think). It had a different look, and it came with concierge service for reservations etc. I think it cost around $1500 when top of the line flip phones were going for $300. Don't hold me to the numbers. My girlfriend at the time really wanted one. At the end of the day all they did was make phone calls.

Now, I was flush at the time, and never held back with her, including buying her a brand new SL 600, which she still has today. But I could not bring myself to buy that phone. I told her let's buy a regular phone and tape $1,000 to it so everyone could see. Believe it or not, she agreed and realized how silly that phone was.

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa

They are all related companies ... so Yeah the Cayenne coupe and the Lambo are the same car.. built on the same line etc...but that's the way so many cars are.. In this case it just means they share the best SUV platform on the planet... in my opinion...( forget if VW or Porsche had the lead on the platform I think it was Porsche or joint )

elephantgrinds and Texas Forever like this.
  10. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    You can’t forget that VW also makes Audi and Bentley. The R8 is pretty much built on the huracan chassis so is the Q8 which somewhat resembles the urus. Those companies are all interlinked.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elephantgrinds likes this.
  11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yes that is true...its all one big family nothing wrong with that

elephantgrinds and Texas Forever like this.
  12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Why Ferrari Needs To Make An SUV Now (And The Reason Enthusiasts Oppose It)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Ferrari Purosangue looks poised to take on the high-performance Lamborghini Urus in the years to come.

All top luxury and supercar brands are shifting focus from small high-performance cars to SUVs—apart from Ferrari. Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, and Bentley are all currently producing SUVs. The high-performance SUV market is hot. Is Ferrari jumping on that train? Well, Mat Watson of Carwow uploaded a YouTube video of what they think the new Ferrari SUV could look like.

“In this video, I’ll tell you why Ferrari has to start building an SUV now. And I will show you exclusive renderings of what this new car could look like,” Watson said.

The world is shifting to green energy, and with it, the automotive industry. In the future, motor enthusiasts will have to give up their thunderous big engines for silent electric options. The change to green has slowly begun, and thankfully, Ferrari is prepared and is already developing amazing hybrid supercars like the SF90 Stradale looking more and more like a change Ferrari fans will have to accept.

Ferrari Need An SUV To Compete In The Current Car Market
    Ferrari is famous for one thing: They build super-fast cars, and their success list is endless, from the Ferrari Enzo, LaFerrari, and the 812 Superfast among other iconic models.

“Cars with naturally aspirated V12 engines will never pass strict emissions tests in the future. Now Ferrari knows this, which is why it’s put a load of effort and a load of cash into developing some new hybrid supercars, and there could be a new hybrid SUV on the horizon too,” Watson said.

Lamborghini just like Ferrari made its name out of building bonkers mid-engine monsters. Currently, its most popular car is the Lamborghini Urus SUV. In 2020, Lamborghini sold more than 7,000 units, over 4,000 of which were Lamborghini Urus models.

“Ferrari doesn’t really have a choice. If it wants to compete with these brands, then it has to make an SUV of some kind. But what would a Ferrari SUV look like?” Watson said.

According to Carwow, Ferrari is already testing a prototype. And even though the prototype SUV doesn’t have any Ferrari parts yet, when done, it will carry the tag name Ferrari Purosangue.

“It could take inspiration from the latest Ferrari Roma, or the all-new 296 GTB. So, I reckon it’ll look simpler and less angular than a Lamborghini Urus. But it will still be even more imposing than most modern Ferraris,” Watson revealed.

Ferrari Has Four Engine Options For New SUV Variant
    So, what kind of engine would the Ferrari SUV have to compete in the market? Carwow speculates the automaker could go with four options. The first option would use the 6.5-liter V12 engine from an 812 Superfast to make 800 hp. What’s best, Ferrari already has a four-wheel-drive system to go with this option.

Ferrari could also use the 3.9-liter twin-turbo engine from the Roma making 620 hp. They could also fit it with a hybrid system and electric motors from the new 296 GTB. But there’s a problem using the engines from the Roma or the GTB is they are rear-wheel drive, and will need a new four-wheel-drive system re-design.

Lastly, Carwow, thinks Ferrari could get some parts from the SF90 that comes with a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8, and three electric motors, all making 1,000 hp.

New Ferrari Purosangue SUV design

These exclusive renders of the Ferrari Purosangue give you a look at how the production car may turn out.

Upfront, you’ll spot thin headlights with daytime running lights cutting through in a similar fashion to those on the Ferrari Roma, and flanking a trapezoidal grille.
    Dramatic curves are set into the bonnet, with the roofline of the Purosangue taking on a sleek approach rather than falling into a boxy rear end.

The rear of the car gets a large black panel with the prancing horse logo taking centre stage, and thin LED rear lights similar to the Ferrari 296 GTB.

Ferrari Purosangue Interrior
    In the front, you can expect the Purosangue to be crammed with leather, brushed metal and carbon-fibre trims, as well as a new version of Ferrari’s infotainment system.

The new Ferrari Purosangue is expected to be the first modern Ferrari to come with five seats, although it’s likely you’ll be able to get a set of two individual rear seats if you’d prefer – like those on the GTC4 Lusso.

Ferrari Purosangue SUV price and release date

Ferrari’s first SUV isn’t expected to make its public debut until 2022. It’s possible that it could go on sale later that year, although (as with most Ferraris) you can bet that plenty of wealthy petrolheads have already posted blank cheques to the Ferrari factory to make sure their names are first on the list for this new SUV.

If you’d rather wait for this new car to appear in showrooms, get ready to hand over at least £200,000 to park one on your driveway.

So what do you think about the new Ferrari? Are you a fan of it?

anunakki likes this.
  13. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I understand the reasons behind needing an "SUV" in this market, but Jesus Christ was a hideous shape.

If you slapped a Hyundai badge on it, no one would know the difference.

Purosangue: Ferrari’s first “truck” appeared outside the Maranello factory
    Image Unavailable, Please Login 12 hours ago
    0 33 2 minutes read

Ferrari advances steadily in the development of the Purosangue, the first SUV in its long history. Proof of this are the photos that have just been leaked in Europe, which show the “truck” rolling outside the Maranello plant, where it will be manufactured for the whole world.

As is often the case, the tests in real traffic were done with the body completely camouflaged. However, it is seen that the Ferrari Purosangue It will have a quadruple exhaust outlet, a rear wing, rear lights connected to the trunk lid, well-sharpened headlights and a higher body height compared to the rest of the cars that are already known from the Italian manufacturer.

When does the Ferrari Purosangue arrive?
    Ferrari intends to present this model in 2022. Undoubtedly, it will mark a before and after in its history, and will attract new lovers and detractors, just as it happened with Lamborghini when it launched the Urus, the SUV that later became an impressive success.

The Purosangue was something like an SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle), although the former CEO of the Italian firm, Louis Carey Camilleri, stated long ago that does not want to “hear that word in the same sentence as Ferrari”. By “that word”, in case it is not understood, he refers to SUV.

Ferrari anticipated that will have a hybrid engine. There will be an internal combustion engine on the front axle and an electric one on the rear.

It will have four-wheel drive, new suspension, dual-clutch automatic transmission and interior space for four people. In addition, the Prancing Horse boasts that it will come with a low center of gravity and aerodynamics worked to reach high speeds.

The Ferrari Purosangue, entering Maranello after a test. Photo: Motor Journalism.
    For Ferrari, entry into the new segment will translate into higher profits. From the Purosangue nagives less than 10,000 units per year. Michael Leiters, Ferrari technical director, told the media Coach that the product will mark a before and after: “It is a different concept from the existing SUV”. It will hit the streets in 2022.

The rivals of this model will be Aston Martin DBX, Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini urus, Maserati Levante, Porsche cayenne and Rolls-Royce Cullinan. Years ago, it would have been impossible to imagine that all these luxury automakers would be interested in the SUV segment; that is to say, the one of the “vans”.

The motorization is not confirmed, but it is estimated that the chosen one could be the hybrid V6 that Ferrari is testing.

F2003-GA and saadxj220 like this.
  14. Concretecomet

Concretecomet Karting

Oct 10, 2021
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A Ferrari suv will be highly successful and will also increase the sales of the rest of the Ferrari line. It will also forever change the mark to something else and the Ferrari we know will no longer exist, that being a sports car company. It will be just like Porche

elephantgrinds and Bertil like this.
  15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That mule sits so low, how will we be able to go off-roading in that? :D

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I argue that happened already when Fiat bought them. Next-generation hypercars cars are starting at 2,000 hp. To develop those cars and stay competitive, you need money for R&D and exploring electrification.

I mean, I guess Ferrari can choose to have future models being far slower than their competitors. I think this is a losing strategy.
    If Ferrari has the performance and quality like Porsche, without sacrificing production numbers - I say that's a good thing.

Enzo's guiding philosophy is to "WIN" in the NYSE: RACE

Last I checked that meant being the fastest car on the track. In the 21st century that means money and electrification (see F1.)

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm glad it sits low which will help for the sporting characteristics

18. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I don’t see enough hood space to carry a V12 without it being a front wheel drive car!

SV

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO it does look to have the space but only time will tell

20. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    FU Vehicle eh? for people with FU money?

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

22. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Betcha they'll have a Scuderia badge option. :rolleyes:

elephantgrinds and F2003-GA like this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ummm that v12 isn't going to fit sideways. Lol

F2003-GA likes this.
  24. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I am disappointed to see the mule so low. I was hoping they would make it a standard height SUV (whatever that means) similar to a urus etc...

Otherwise this thing is a Panamera on it's tippy toes.

I do have faith that whatever they build will be excellent. They know they can't screw this up.

25. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    elephantgrinds likes this.