Can You Help Me Identify This Old Ferrari F Car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can You Help Me Identify This Old Ferrari F Car?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by venusone, Apr 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Willy, he is one of us, of course: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/17038.html

2. willy.henderickx

willy.henderickx Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Thks El Wayne.

He my help.

Willy

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Just posted today including the Argentina book discussed.Yes the sports cars with American V8s are included.No open wheel cars covered in this volume.I suggest you start searching the internet. There should be some good stuff there.tongascrew

4. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    I have data that leave a lot of doubts on the 0482 chasis as my files and contacts tell me that car still in Argentina.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Taken at the FOC Track Days in Silverstone, UK, in 2013.
    0482 has three chassis numbers, 2, 3 and 0482. All factory genuine.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Photos, documents, please. Thank you.

(PS: No doubt you are aware that there is another 0482 R (R for replica) in the Harrah Museum in NV/USA).

Marcel Massini

7. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Uff theres a lot of photos and a long story and i would like to describe everything first to the actual owner of the "claim" 0482. Im sure that Mr. Boswell has the Uruguayan Ferrari drove by Mr. Carlos Rivero (UY). Here the only photo i found of this car.

8. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    No doubt 0482 was the car used by Gonzalez in Fuerza Libre. There were a total of 5 Ferraris in South America in the period. In this photo is possible to see Gonzalez and Danvila, both in Ferrari, fighting. So, till now we have Gonzalez, Riveiro and Danvila. with 3 different Ferraris Corvette... Aka Fevettes.

9. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Marcel, and here its the 4th i found... The Iberico Passadore 166 modified that im quite sure is that one at Donington Museum as they wrote that the car arrived with a V8 Chevy on it.

10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The car in the Donington Collection is #0480 (originally #5).

Here's your photo flipped.

Marcel Massini

11. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    In the back is possible to see the 5th. Looks like a 166 or a 375 . No clue who drove it.

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I meant current/actual photos (of the car today). Preferably also with a pic showing the current chassis number stamping.

Marcel Massini

13. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Have a lot of pics of the car today. But, because im commited to sell the car, i believe that for respect of the owner that might have the car, i have to talk with Mr. Boswell first. Thing was that when Mr. Sutherland went down to South America in early 70s and bought all the Ferrari Scrap, he left, with a reason i dont know but i believe because it was crashed and fitted with all Torino parts (not Ford Torino, Ika Torino), left the chasis there. What he did was buy, from Mr. Ternengo, the papers of the car in a way of banished the car. Attached is a pic of the car today and also a car after its last race in 1967 500 millas de Rafaela. In the middle, i have lot more.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Sorry, the numbers in the called 0482 doesn't look pretty accurate nor the steel.. Different font and different steel.

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I don't really understand what you are saying. You mean the photo I posted of the frame with the three chassis number tags?
    If you research the history of 0482 you will find out that the car originally was a factory car with chassis #3, and was then renumbered by the factory and before it sold finally it was renumbered again, now into 0482. All by the factory in Maranello and that is exactly what you can see on my photo.

Please post a photo showing the current number(s) stamped on the frame of the car in Argentina today (your post #38).

So, if I understand correctly, you are a dealer and intend to sell the car of your friend/client in Argentina, right?

Thank you.

Marcel Massini

16. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Theres no number in the car.
    And yes, im saying that the numbers in the pic you showed are not really something difficult to make.

Im 100% sure that both are Ferraris. Im 100% sure that Gonzalez Ferrari still In Argentina. But im not 100% sure that the car in UK that carries the badges, is the real 0482. For sure, is not Gonzalez car.

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am absolutely sure and convinced that the three tags welded onto the frame of the Boswell car are genuine, authentic, old and correct, including the various fonts (logically, because the three tags were not all made the same day).

You did not reply to my earlier question:
    So, if I understand correctly, you are a dealer and intend to sell/offer the car on behalf of your friend/client Carlos Lioni in Argentina, right?

Thank you.

Marcel Massini

18. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Im not a dealer. Im just trying to help the owner to get rid of some cars of his collection. Im a race driver and my name is Jose Balbiani

I apologize to the forum and my intention is not to sell the car here, but to find the truth about the car.

19. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
  20. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Amazing, after this few post the owner was contacted...

21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #46 miurasv, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Huayra:

The chassis in the pics you posted looks very different to a 500 F2 chassis. There is a cutaway on page 38 of Jonathan Thompson's Ferrari Formula 1 Cars book and also a transparency picture on pages 98/99 of Doug Nye's 500 F2 Cavalleria book which show they are different. With no chassis numbers on the chassis and identifying similarities how do you prove anything?

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    What do you mean?
    Carlos Lioni and his company Volpi Mecanica Nacional is well known.

Marcel Massini

23. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Marcel, Conversation/PM sent

24. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Yes. just that everybody remembered today that i posted the car.. Egal. The Volpi is not for sale.

25. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    This is why I love the vintage section.

showme1946 likes this.