Can you identify this old jack?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tx246, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. tx246

    tx246 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

    Nov 4, 2003
    Full Name:
    #1 tx246, Sep 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can anyone identify this jack? It has no markings on it other than "14024" on the plastic cap that is opposite the handle and "14920 * 27" on the rubber piece that is half way up the jack. Where the * is between the numbers is a shield symbol with a star on it.

    I bought this as an old ferrari jack from a 330 or 275. i am uncertain if it that or not.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. shaughnessy

    shaughnessy Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

    Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Not a Ferrari Jack photographed, looks early alfa 50's

    275GTS/GTB two and four cam/
    365gtc/gts/gt2+2 use scissor jacks.

    330GT2+2 use MR jacks that are robins egg blue with a round peg.

  4. Slim

    Slim Formula 3

    Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    Many Fiats used a similar style jack. On some, the part with the arm that sticks out travels up the larger shaft and on others, there is a smaller shaft inside that extends out the bottom as you crank (as this one appears to do).

    Cars that used that style jack should have either a hole for the jack arm to slide into in the middle of the rocker panel area between the two wheels (my 1500 cabriolets and 131s were like this) and both wheels on a side go up at once, or possibly separate slots near each wheel where the jack slides in (my 238 van is like this) so that only one corner is jacked at a time.
  5. dbw

    dbw Formula Junior

    Apr 3, 2005
    palo alto ca
    Full Name:
    looks like a fiat 600...
  6. ferrarifixer

    ferrarifixer F1 Veteran

    Jul 22, 2003
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
  7. To remove this ad click here.

  8. pistole

    pistole Formula Junior

    Jan 31, 2005
    my dad's old (long long time ago) Fiat 124 Special T and also the Fiat
    131 TC had a jack like that. There a folding arm thingy on it that engages
    a slot in the rocker panel. Rust on the rocker panel invariably results in
    the car collapsing on the jack .......... ask me how I know .........

    nice pic though. Good to see something like that after all these years.
  9. Dave

    Dave F1 Rookie

    Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
  10. wilkie

    wilkie Karting

    Apr 15, 2005
    L.A., CA
    Full Name:
    Wilkie Cheong
    Looks very similar to the one that came with my '69 Alfa Spider.
  11. Miltonian

    Miltonian F1 Veteran

    Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    #9 Miltonian, Sep 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just for the sake of comparison, here are some other jacks from Italian cars of the 50's and 60's, from their respective parts books. I don't have any Alfa Romeo parts books to include.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
  12. To remove this ad click here.

  13. synchro

    synchro F1 Veteran

    Feb 14, 2005
    Full Name:
    ...and of course good advice is to
    Never use the factory jack as it could damage your car...

Share This Page