Taken Off Market - Canadian 2004 Modena Manual 6 speed – recent major (Ricambi 30k kit) | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market Canadian 2004 Modena Manual 6 speed – recent major (Ricambi 30k kit)

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by lucky34, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    If you are looking for a solid lower mileage (not garage queen) 2004 Modena in a conservative colour that won’t attract the wrong attention (bright colours), this is the car for you.

Sought after and unmolested last full model production year gated 6-speed. Factory options include: challenge grills front and rear, full factory Tubi exhaust, power Daytona seats, full leather interior and more. (see options spec with original Canadian options pricing). The colour is Grigio Titanium (the dark silver), with dark grey interior.

The car has all the original books, the tool kit (with a replacement, albeit non OEM, Maglite flashlight) inflator, factory red Ferrari silk type dust cover, Becker radio and security codes. It has 2 key fobs (but not the red one). There is none of the usual dash leather shrinkage and no sticky button issues (although the buttons have not been refinished and do have some scratches). This is an Ontario delivered Canadian car. This is a great way to get into the last of the large volume production gated Ferraris (430s are hen’s teeth expensive as we all know)

Recent services (2018/2017)
    • 30k service kit including belts, tensioner, valve cover gaskets, cam end seals, plugs and filters (the 30 K major kit - Ricambi)
    • new Michelin Pilot Super Sports (now with just over 1000 kms on them)
    • new O2 sensors on the right bank
    • right bank fuel pump

The good
    • Overall condition is an 8 (opinion)
    • Excellent interior with only slight wear on the driver bolster
    • No dash or glove box de-lamination
    • No dents or dings
    • All major services up to date and ready to keep driving

The not so good with a 15 year old car
    • Previous owner (not sure which one) had a minor door incident on the right side that was fixed cash – no insurance claim. The shop re-cleared the door and rear quarter but very minor evidence on the door - shop rushed it a bit and also cleared over the 3M on the rocker intake.
    • Very small curb rash on the rear right wheel
    • Usual scrapes on the front bumper in the black area (have a set of HE scrape guards that need installing)
    The car in its current state has no aftermarket mods from the original build sheet. Photos were taken just before being tucked away for the winter.

Just over 38,000 kms (approx. 27,000 miles)

VIN: ZFFYU51A540136854
    Asking $87,000 USD

Call Kevin – 613-293-3885

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #2 RossoC360, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2019
    Where did you source the options sheet with MSRP?

3. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    I was lucky to get a redacted original bill of sale that came with the purchase when I got it.. was quite interesting to see what all the original options were and what they cost.. its just a photocopy but still important information :) thx :)

Dolcevita and RossoC360 like this.
  4. jimmy_is_here

jimmy_is_here Rookie

Mar 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Ahmed
    Any issues for CA registration?

5. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    HI Jimmy,

the CAN and USA cars had the same safety specs so from that end you should be OK - the Car is a stock build so unless the Factory Tubi Exhaust is not CARB compliant that would be the only issue I could force - the best bet for complete assurance would be to contact FNA to find out of Cali delivered cars had a different spec.

thx for asking

Kevin K

6. PhilMc19

PhilMc19 Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Philip
    what is the best way to get in touch with you to discuss car?

7. PhilMc19

PhilMc19 Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Philip
    just saw your # in post will give you call tomrw

8. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A US buyer should contact the Ferrari USA Certification and Compliance division and get a letter of compliance for import. That will get the car in to the US without issue. Then the car needs verification which can be done by a mobile VIN verifier, the DMV or CHP and can be registered. Canada cars are built for North America, and should all be CA smog compliant if unaltered. A Tubi exhaust is fine as long as the cats are still in place.

f355spider likes this.
  9. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Are those option prices CAD?

10. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    yes they are - quick update - the car is now "passively" for sale as the convenience car trade that I was working got sold so now I need to look for another candidate. regards Kevin K

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I imported a BMW from Canada, one other issue is the speedometer. It must read in MPH...even if in lower case. BMWs (at the time) only read in KPH in Canada so I had to have the gauge cluster replaced at the BMW Store in Vancouver, BC with a USA cluster before I attempted to import it. I actually got asked by the US Customs agent, and I showed him the paperwork. It was pouring rain that evening, and he thanked me for saving him a trip out to the car to check. ;)

12. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have been told directly by US CBP that MPH is not required, and have never had to do it. You may be right, but I have not had a problem and have never found any reference to it on the CBP website: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car
    I can also add (as someone who drives across the border frequently) that customs officers will contradict each other regularly, and few know the rules. Usually when there is a dispute, the officers get on the internet and look it up...

Mimmo Blue and f355spider like this.
  13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    It appears you are correct. It was from the NHSTA, and clearly states in their latest update Sept 2017, that speedometer compliance is no longer a required: https://icsw.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/
    click on "vehicle importation guidelines (Canadian)"

14. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    Hey Kevin,
    What number owner are you and how many Miles did you put on the car?

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

15. jackgt

jackgt Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2015
    california
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you do not know if it will pass smog in CA until you test it.

16. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    Is the car still available?

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

17. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    the car is still "passively" for sale as the convenience car trade that I was working got sold. I'm still looking for another candidate and the market has been a bit slim up here in Canada at the moment . regards Kevin K

18. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    Hey Canadian buyers that are interested, looking to move this now that driving season is here. A great drivers car, and lowest price stick car in Canada, call me to discuss Call Kevin – 613-293-3885 - Updated services at Pantuso's Automotive here in Ottawa this spring now include a brake and coolant fluids flush so its ready to be driven :)

19. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    bump - price lowered to 84,000 USD - $110,500 CAN negotiable - selling through "in and out" convenience deal if possible though GTA area dealership so looking for an interested buyer. would like to get a deal done as I have an eye on something coming in... Thx Kevin K - Canadian buyers, get in this drivers gated car and go have fun for the rest of the summer :) (p.s TFX enclosed shipping is about 2500 plus taxes from here in Ottawa to Alberta as a reference for great shipping rates)

20. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
  21. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Although Ontario is in the process of eliminating their smog test, I think passing it in Ontario would give a good indicator that it would pass the test in California as well. The exhaust gases are hooked up to a computer and tested. Not saying it is 100%..... but you could say that about any 50 state car.

Not sure why Americans are so apprehensive about buying from North of the border. It takes a few hours of research.... getting the forms filled out and printed.... calling the borders 72 hours in advance of importing/exporting the vehicle..... pay your taxes at the US border and off you go. Then you do any required state inspection and you have a nice Canadian vehicle.

BTW I do not know the seller, but I have lived in Ontario and imported cars and motorcycles to and from the US and into Canada. BTW I had my car shipped by TFX from Quebec to Alberta... I might be wrong , but I think it was $1600ish.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  22. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    Thx for the additional notes - No CELS are showing so the Ontario Test on the computer will just show a pass. :) Contacted TFX for another gig and i was quoted $2400 CDN plus tax and everyone else was north of $3400 Calgary to Ottawa- rates would be good on the east coast as Calgary is a long ways off :)

KK34

23. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

My bad I checked and it was $2500cnd from Montreal to Calgary with TFX.

24. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    $2500 Canadian for fully enclosed transport 2/3s of the way across Canada with 1/4 mil insurance is still a smoking deal :) I used them for my NSX and they were absolutely awesome - the car shared a lift with a MacLaren and you could eat off the floor of the hauler- Top Notch.. there is a great deal to be had here and the Price has flex so don't shy away from asking - car needs to move in 3 weeks or the flex goes away in the $$ :) Let's get a deal done for a great driver 360 stick. Kevin

25. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    So a bit of details to answer some questions.
    Any American interested party need to address process about importing it to the USA through, US borders services - I don't know the exact process and am not going to provide possible "advice" and then be called out after the fact. Canada has a pretty straightforward process going the other way but I am not an "exporter" and do not know the laws about importing into the USA - there are details on this in other areas on this site.
    Check with your local Ferrari Dealer or FNA about an admissibility letter - When I bought a bike (Yamaha FJR1300) from the USA I had to get one from the manufacturer and it was simple. I'm not the importer so the responsibility lies on the importer for getting this.
    Some known facts:
    Yes you will have to pay the gas guzzler tax at the border.
    The deal for the next 20 days at the Audi dealer is strictly transactional and they are not doing any paperwork research either, or providing "good border crossing" references.
    Ideally you should be working with a Transport Service like TFX or another enclosed transportation carrier that can provide border crossing services.
    The car is located in Ottawa, Canada

The Carproof I have on record shows the incident in 2008 as non insurance and is visually tracked to the passenger door as noted. Autotrader has since moved to CARFAX.ca and supposedly that shows "right front" - I can assure you that if you inspect the car, there is no damage or repair work to the right front of the car. the Quarter, headlight bucket bumper and all markers / hood are all original and unmolested. they all have matching unblemished 3M on them and are not replacements.

Pricing can be flexible (below the 8k listed - call me) for the next 18 days and then i loose that flex as there is no benefit for either party after I close on the other car at the Audi dealer,..

Just trying to answer all the questions that come up. Canadians - let's get a deal done too!

Kevin K