Canadian 2014 Vanquish...any issues in USA? | FerrariChat

Canadian 2014 Vanquish...any issues in USA?

Discussion in 'British' started by HOF Ferrari, Aug 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I am looking at a 2014 Vanquish, that was first delivered to Canada...now in the States (where I am) and looking at buying...any issue's, downfalls,etc... now or in the future with buying a car that was first imported to Canada?...no Aston Martin warranty left, so that is not an issue.

2. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Check the engine for maple syrup

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You'll still have to go through the regular importation process and meet US-spec if it already doesn't. You can try contacting Aston Martin directly to see if it already complies and if it does, they can provide a letter saying that it does so no modifications would need to be made. If they say otherwise, you'll have to import it through a registered importer that will then need to find what must be changed. That's what I learned with my failed attempt at trying to get an E39 M5 over (nice BMW Individual spec) without issue...at least BMW AG and USA were quick to reply.

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    i would think if the car has been formally imported from Canada to the USA and is registered inthe USA, which i did not think possible to be cost effective, then you should be ok.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, he just needs to verify it has properly been imported otherwise he has to do it himself. Even if it has a USA license plate, it may not be legal by Federal law. for instance, the FL DMV issues plates to imported cars (like the Nissan Skylines here) that don't meet Federal standards and they are still illegal and can face exportation if the Feds find out.

6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    No as long as the car was switched from kilometers to mph.
    The odometer would be off for states like New York who want the mileage on your renewals....
    You know taxes, also daylight running light, its a program switch.
    Good luck.
    GTJOEY1314

7. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Ok, Maybe I should be a little clearer....The car is for sale in Florida, when I pulled the carfax it shows that the car was in Canada its whole like until recently....anything to worry about?

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Used cars from Florida are always guilty until proven innocent. ;) FL will register and title anything regardless if it meets Federal (DOT/EPA) standards upon importation. A FL title doesn't automatically mean you're in the clear. You can submit the VIN to Aston and ask if it meets US regulations. If they say it doesn't, then ask the seller who was the Registered Importer for the car and then contact them for paperwork (assuming the seller doesn't have it).

9. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Great info,,, Thank you

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There's a grey/red 599 that's in FL and is asking $124k... VIN shows it's a Middle East car only recently registered in FL late last year.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    If you're keeping the car in FL, you could probably get away with having a car like that. It's also not hard to get a FL dealer license plate and keep a car around that way, too, without having to fully register it and pay taxes on it.

There are a number of R33 and R34 Skyline GTRs in FL that skate by without issue, but it's a risk they're willing to take.