Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I've had many cars as well, in fact purchased 4 Ferraris from the local dealer and they would not give me a Pista without a Lusso. Same story for all but 1 person I know who has spent about $4M with them in the last 2 years. You and anyone else are free to believe what you want though.

sfcarguy, Katonk and mkraft3003 like this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Haha exactly

sfcarguy, IloveGT and SoCal to az like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Plenty of people in usa with no prior history got pistas - all u had to do was buy a lusso.

MalibuGuy and dustman like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    People got allocations, with and without Lussos. I did not buy a Lusso and by no means am I a heavy hitter compared to some of you here but none of my friends were able to get one. They tried.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Everyone other than 1 person I know had to purchase a Lusso and lose ~$120K on it and they had purchased other cars from the dealer. I am sure there is someone out there that walked in and ordered a Lusso and got a Pista. There are also a few such as SoCal that didnt need to but that is the exception. Either way they were all sold quickly.

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My case is definitely the exception and I’m grateful to my sales guys for getting me one. Regardless, it was a tough car to get.

Btw- please stop talking about it! I’m getting more and more anxious waiting now that it’s actually getting closer and a reality in my mind. Before it was just vaporware. Lol

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

You will certainly enjoy it, in my opinion it is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made. I still haven't pushed it too hard but it is pretty quick and feels great. The carbon wheels really make a difference in feel and handling. Also,the engine is tuned pretty darn well - you would never know it has turbos. I may take it on a 300 mile roundtrip trip next week to get it broken in and then I will have some better feedback and comparison to the Mac.

Bhh, IloveGT and SoCal to az like this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I did not opt for the carbon wheels. Just didn’t want to deal with them being so delicate and all. But I got every other carbon option on the exterior of the car.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I would imagine not so many Pista will ever be taken on the track,which it was really designed for,so i have to ask the question why have one over the F8 ,other than perhaps less production and potential appreciation in future?

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    To your point, I am having a set of Forgeline wheels built in the same color as the stripes (Blu America) which is a very dark blue and looks black from many angles. My understanding is that if a carbon wheel is damaged you can't simply replace one wheel but rather the entire set which is like $25K.

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You could make that argument for most of these cars whether or not they are marketed as track cars. Some want creature comforts and others want a more raw driving experience.

IloveGT and SoCal to az like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sounds cool on the new wheels.

Yeah the carbon wheels look amazingly but I just didn’t want to deal with the hassle of maintaining them.

sfcarguy likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 regular production car. No cool stripe. Easy to get allocation.

Pista- limited edition- harder to get- stripe looks great!

I’ll take a Pista any day over an f8 and twice on Sunday’s.

ATBNM3, sfcarguy, MLA and 4 others like this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Very good comment. Some might deny it but both cars have exactly the same engine. The F8 probably tuned a little higher to overcome the GPF.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Doesn’t matter. Pista will always be more desirable.

Rrr1, Gh21631 and boobernackle like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #41 Ferrari 308 GTB, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Not possible to get stripe ? would look pretty good (@15K?)

[​IMG][​IMG] Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  17. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #42 boobernackle, Sep 29, 2019
    Nobody in the US market was able to get a Pista allocation with no history, doesn't matter if it was a Coupe or Spider.

What you're talking of is through dealer mules that would flip cars for them, or dealers right on the showroom floor. They can come up with a story to attach to the car on why it was being sold with delivery miles.

Dealer mules can publicly advertise cars, dealers won't.

sfcarguy likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm sure there is a lot more to this story. Agree the world is changing and in these uncertain times it really should come as no surprise that some with Pista Spyder orders in have run into money problems forcing them out of play. But I'm sure those now being offered these few fall-overs will need to meet a criteria of sorts as has been the case here where the odd one has fallen over. And like all of these cars, if anyone buying has a view to making money from the exercise will be in for a rude shock at one point. That's why it's important to use these cars properly.

Even the days of 458S and SA appreciation is now well and truly over from what I'm seeing going on here lately. It's a buyer market now. Prices have come back considerably and remain in free fall in many cases.

Bundy likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Someone mentioned no stripe possible for F8 , but would have thought you could get one done as an option.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #46 Shadowfax, Sep 29, 2019
    Doubt it but there will always be the odd F8 Pista wannabe who can put vinyl stripes on.. Only problem is they won't be able to do much about the muted sound......stuck with sounding like a Lexus outside I'm afraid. Far too silent and refined from what I've been told by a Tech who has driven the car and heard it flogged around a track. Says you can barely hear F8. Pista sounds much much tougher and even it isn't as tough as it should sound all things considering being a track focused car...somewhat refined in comparison to the Porsche GT cars (2 and 3). F8 OTOH has on all accounts entered Lexus territory sadly. So maybe the stripes aren't a great fit given the outside sound being strangled mute.....like a gas bottle valve being opened.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Oh I’m sure you can wrap in vinyl like shadow mentioned or do a custom paint job with Ferrari but it’s not a regular option like it is on a Pista.

Besides- why would you put a stripe on an f8 when the stripe is made for the Pista. It’s like telling the world I couldn’t get a Pista but faked it.

On my 488 I put some pilota stripes and for like 200 bucks and Took em off cause it looked lame.

There was a car I saw that was a Pista and someone put a Pilota wrap on it. Why??

F8 is a great car and enjoy it as it is. No need for stripes.

Shadowfax likes this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah when i see guys that do that I think to myself what a toss..... kinda feel embarrassed for them really. Better to leave the car be and not try and make it look like something it isn't.

sfcarguy and dmark1 like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfcarguy likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Trust me I believe u but I mean well, his level of ownership is just something else...and I don’t meant that as being a competition. I know with a ff and a testarossa I’m not in the pista game so I believe u... but ttforce could likely get offer any car he wants there really ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash Patel likes this.