Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    GT3 is over-hyped. I had a brand new 911 in 2013, 7spd manual, standard C2 (same 991 body). Although the GT3 engine sounded incredible, I liked my base 911 better than the GT3. Is the GT3 a track animal? Does it look incredible? Yes - to both. But otherwise it's an over-hyped car for the street where 95% of them spend most of their time (or in garages LOL)

SoCal to az likes this.
  2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Exactly what I'm thinking, but about a Pista. I will wait this one out...and for those barking about plenty of MSRP units available, please just PM me so I can shorten my wait time.

If it happens great, if not there are plenty of options (albeit not as 'exclusive' as Pista).

mkraft3003, Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  3. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I saw that thread on that Porsche forum and yes, it's comical when reality hits people. If it hits me on the Pista and I overestimated what it may worth in the future, so be it - didn't buy it to flip it. But I have a good feeling about the future values of Pistas. They are truly "speciale".

FordGTDriver and dmark1 like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s a fun car but hype is over the top. I had an rs and a touring. Sold em both. Miss them both but I’ll sit patiently by. As soon as the 992s gt3 is announced, there will be a blood bath cause everyone will want it cause Porsche managed to put 4 more hp in the car and it will be revered as the greatest Porsche ever. Lmao.

Getting a new Porsche is a con game and if you believe otherwise, I present you Weissach package. They actually tell you it’s 18k to shave off like 20 pounds on the car and people eat it up. It’s quite comical.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I didn’t buy Pista to make money. But if it holds msrp for a few years- bonus. If I lose a 100k it is what it is.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had a touring with buckets. I actually found them quite comfortable. I prefer them over the regular seats.

sampelligrino likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I haven’t seen a Pista at msrp yet but you are right- tons of great options out there. Just too many good cars.

IPO1 likes this.
  8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I agree with WP rip off--but damn I loved mine. Only reason I bought was the exposed CF looked so good on white. The whole GT P-car thing I'm over. Owned 2 GT3s, and 2 GT3RS's. I'm done with them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Shack and SoCal to az like this.
  9. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Right.. I've said it many times to people.. Porsche has been enjoying their status as the most popular car brand for a while now, just as BMW did many years ago.. anyone else remember when everyone was waiting on lists and paying over for M cars? - and just like BMW, they are ramping up model lines to produce more cars, stretching the "GT" brand (latest word is the stick 992 is going to be built as a separate "GT" line), and forcing dealers to build mega centers.. sounds very BMW-esque. And who really cares about new BMW M cars anymore?

10. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Your car look(ed) amazing. Don't get me wrong I think Porsche did an incredible job with the GT cars, and I absolutely love 911s - I just think that Porsche forum and the annoying Youtubers overhyped the heck out of the cars and that created ADMs and GMs who would laugh at you when you inquired about purchasing one.

sampelligrino and IPO1 like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Porsche GT cars- flavor of the month. I mean when the only difference between a .2 and .1 RS is .1 and people believe the hype— Porsche marketing has done its job.

But as epic as the marketing machine is at Porsche at creating hype- their dealer network just sucks balls. Horrible. My local dealer is just the worst.

sampelligrino and njcycleguy like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You know what’s gonna be funny—- when all these arrogant prick Porsche GMs are begging you to buy a car when the next economic downturn hits. I’m gonna be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman! Lol

njcycleguy likes this.
  13. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    True--any brand.

I can't say I've found many F car GM's very humble ;).

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    soulsea likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah but I want the Porsche dealers to suffer. I like my Ferrari guys. They gave me a Pista! Lol

Rrr1, njcycleguy and IPO1 like this.
  17. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Bhh and soulsea like this.
  18. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    LOL - your M5 looks amazing. I guess what I meant to say is that the new M cars don't create the same demand or excitement for many of us the way the older ones did.

BMW is a sore subject for me because it's what ignited my car passion - I've had over 15 of them - including an F10 M5 and an E60 M5. I'm just disappointed in the direction they went. I currently own an E30 M3 and been a CCA member for the past 20+ years. And if I was to buy a new BMW, it would be an M5 or M2.

soulsea likes this.
  19. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    No worries. I actually agree with your perspective. I took a break from BMW for awhile out of frustration with the mediocrity. I switched to the CTS-V, which was a worthy replacement. I would be driving a new one if they hadn’t discontinued it...but back to the M5. It is vastly improved.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    But isn't the Pista also to shave 20 kgs and cost $100 k ?

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sure but they just don’t sell it based on lower weight. You have less weight, more power, more aggressive front end, more sporty interior, the stripe, etc etc. I don’t see an option called the “Pista Package” that you can add on. The Pista is the whole ball of wax, not just the sum of the individual parts.

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    All this talk about resale value on Pista is only going to result in most owners not driving them. Ironically, that is what will make them lose value. Most will be extremely low mileage to chase the high resale which will raise the expectation of the used buyer as demanding a delivery mile car. If yours has been driven then welcome to the depreciation you've been fearing since the day you agreed to buy an additional Lusso or 812 you didn't want just to qualify. Do yourselves a favor and collectively drive your cars. That way their value will be judged by the smile on your face and not the odometer on your dashboard. I know it won't happen but one can hope.

Ryan13, BOKE, GK18 and 5 others like this.
  23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had a lot of M cars, loved bmw. But they are rubbish now in design and bloat and poor sounding. Such a shame to see it happen.
    911 is just all the same every cycle. Boring.
    I don’t love any of the new Ferrari’s sans tdf and the exterior of the pista.
    the 750lt is going to be a beast.

JAM1 likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Yeah but how will it sound??

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007