Cannon Beach May 1st-3rd 2009 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Cannon Beach May 1st-3rd 2009

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by $$$=SPEED, Apr 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lpm 505

lpm 505 Karting

Aug 26, 2008
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    William
    Thank you ! I had a great time at Cannon Beach, looking forward to the event next year !

2. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    good shots william. funny i was just taking shots of people. didn't really see the cars. those are the same every year ;)

3. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Wow - is it even POSSIBLE to take a bad photo of that 8C? It looks sexy from EVERY angle!

4. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I'll say! Spectacular looking car just beautiful

5. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    #105 F355 Spider, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All,

Fantastic time this weekend, and BIG THANK YOU to our event sponsor Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo!!! It's great to have the continued support of the local dealership to really take the events to the next level..

Great turnout, especially with the economy, Swine whatever it is, and everyone knowing that Mark was going to be there...LOL.. Fun time and I think the charity rides were a big hit!!! Thanks to all of you that stayed the extra time to give the rides. Everyone that I gave a ride to was VERY appreciative of what we were doing for the local school..

And lastly AWESOME job by all of the folks that rolled up their sleeves and helped out with various events throughout the weekend, you are all very appreciated...

Now on to a few photos..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Xcv8tr

Xcv8tr Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2009
    WA state
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #106 Xcv8tr, May 5, 2009
    I was the guest in Scott’s Gallardo Friday on the trip to Cannon Beach. As someone whose exotic car experience was limited to a charity auction rental from Park Place one year and annual visits to Grand Prix Imports in Oregon with my now 16 year old during soccer tournaments I wanted to comment. On the cars of course but also the owners. I have worked with drag race cars, street rods and motorcycles. I truly have seen more pretentious car owners at the Good Guys street rod event in Puyallup. From our meeting Friday morning to the wine & cheese event at Cannon Beach and meeting folks that hadn’t come down with us; what a fine group of people. I was way out of my element but felt welcome. What a good day, one that not many car enthusiasts will ever experience. Few will ever see flames come out of the exhaust of an F40 or a Merci - we did. The F40 has an insane exhaust tone and smell.. wow! Marks’s 430
    along side us was an experience! I also know now never to overlook an Alpha Romeo 8C, thanks for the education Eric. The other Ferraris, Lambos and Porsche added to the day. Roy standing in the doorway of the restaraunt waiting for all of us after he took "the high road". I need to take my son to a Saturday gathering in Redmond soon, you need to see these cars to understand. Lastly to Scott, thank you for a great day. Attached are a few pics. Regards, Dan Nelson

7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

I am so sad that I am stuck in Wyoming working and missed this event. :(:(:(

I am soooooooo relieved to see that Italian paint doesn't melt in the rain! :D:D:D

See you guys at C&C Bridgeport this Saturday. Been awhile....

:D

8. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    #108 eric, May 5, 2009
    I'll add my thanks to everyone, especially SteveW, who put this weekend together and to all who came out and made it such a huge success and fun time.

StevedJ: Fantastic drive, Dude!!! I am so ready to go out do it all again. And it's almost as much fun following your badass beast as it is passing it at warp 9. :) Yeah, the Alfa does look good just about every which way you look at it. I think TonyC got it right; It's organic. Although throw in an S, substitute an M for the N, and I think that's not far off either.

Not much I can add to those fantastic pics you guys have already posted. You'll be hearing from me in email with requests for better copies of some. I submit just a few of my pics. You're going to have to wait for the newsetter for more.

9. TheStradman

TheStradman Karting

May 11, 2007
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    James
    Here are some of my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36693033@N06/sets/72157617756306318/

I also wanted to thanks again to Mark, Paul, Eric and Sonny for getting up early on Sunday to give rides to everyone in there amazing vehicles. I will make sure to share my future exotic just like you guys. And thanks to Michael for letting Paul borrow the SLR McLaren.

10. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Eric:

WOW! I love that shot with the F40 and the mountain (btw - I appreciate the gesture, but it's not necessary to blur out the license plate on my cars). I'm gonna email you with a request for a hi-res one of that to be my new desktop. :)

SJ

11. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Yeah, I knew you didn't care about the plates (me neither). But I thought some might not know what kind of car it is, so I gave it a bit more descriptive plate. :)

12. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mark: Sorry to tell ya bud, but your gal wears the F430 a lot better than you do ;-)

13. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    How true. Stick to Porsche's dude :)

14. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I have to say, that new Alfa looks sweet!

Cheers!

15. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Yes Gentleman she looks better then me all of the time. But wait. So do your woman as well. HA!

16. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Dammit Mark, you found the fatal weakness of my assertion! ;)

17. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    :)

18. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    #118 Tad Cody, May 8, 2009
    Don't they all... ;)

Great to see some familiar faces and make some new friends as well this weekend.

Thanks to all for your hospitality and for welcoming Leslie and I into the fold once again...

Paul, Steve and Eric- greatly enjoyed your company at dinner. Nice to meet Adrian (let's talk about that business plan) as well as Rahim and a few others from up North...

Finally met Marty (nice 599... love the Nero!) and his delightful wife...

Gary, I miss your 512, but with the new silver beauty, I'll get over it quickly enough!

Eric, that Alfa is simply amazing... you're a very lucky man. As evidenced by your raffle win. And my offer still stands for assistance with the newsletter should you need any.

Mark, very nice to meet you, and much thanks for the drinks Saturday eve at the 'after-party' (which lasted far longer than I (or my liver) expected, resulting in a charity-ride free Sunday AM.) :( And I know it's not the right forum to admit to this, but your GT3RS makes me rather weak in the knees...

And anyone else I have regrettably omitted to mention by name- though I'm getting better! (*thanks FCA for the cheat sheets... I mean name tags!) Great to see you all, and all the phenomenal machines. Thanks for sharing!

BIG thanks most of all to Steve Wintermantel (and RTGT) (and Steph) for organizing and hosting us for this fantastic weekend!

Actually, now that I think of it... thanks most of all to all those of you who DIDN'T bid against me on the painting I won the bid for at the charity auction :)~ And thanks for bidding on Leslie's stuff as well. She's taking requests for next years pieces...

I'd post my pics, but they're the same as what's already here, just from a slightly different angle (yep, I'm taller than you!).

'Cept this one... which goes well with the quotes. Yep, she looks better than me all the time... especially wearing black, courtesy of Michael!

Best wishes, and hope to make it out for the race on Sunday (if I can get out of gardening!) ...

Tad

19. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Tad: Great to see you and Leslie last weekend. Sorry for bailing early, sounds like a took the less-fun although more-sensible path ;-)

20. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Garendening WTF?? LOL good to see you too even though briefly Tad

21. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Tad weak liver is no excuse. I saw the bar tab ;) My way too many double vodka's were definately the top spot of that bill and I still spent 4 hours giving Charity rides Sunday Morning. 8:30am was way too early but 70 miles of rides later I suffered through the 3 hour drive home. Nice meeting you that night and it was a good time.

I'm glad actually the Mansfields weren't there. In my experience that bar bill would have doubled :)

22. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Double? That's conservative. :D

23. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

In my defense it was $500

24. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Yes you are lucky I could night sleep the night before with new car anxiety or we ( I) would have been there. Next time partner for sure

25. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Big thanks to Mordalo for trusting me with the keys to the SLR. I had fun giving charity rides in that beast -- and the passengers seemed to enjoy it too :)