Cannonball Run Middle East..anyone? | FerrariChat

Cannonball Run Middle East..anyone?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Bronzage, Oct 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you participate in a Middle East Cannonball Run?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Hi everyone, is anyone interested in participating in a drive throuhg the middle east accross several countries with great parties, hotels..and race track events? I am taking a poll to see if this is something interesting to members. Tim Porter and I are considering organising a Cannonball event in the middle east, and would like to see if this generates enough interest for an event next year.

Please give me you opinions, interest, coments.

thanks

MJ

2. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    I'm in. Any idea of what part of the ME you're going to have it? GCC, Levant, NA?

3. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Most likely GCC. abudahbi, dubai, quatar, saudi, Jordan, Leb, .....route is not planned yet. But if we get enough interest, we will map out a route and a few events...likely to end or start during one of the grand prix's next year.

4. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    How hard would it be to get a visa for Saudi? Everywhere else is no problem... but Saudi? That's a car of a different color....

Mike in Kuwait

5. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    The event organisers will be assisting in all logistics. Once we work out our route, we will start looking into logistics and make it easier for all participants to sort out their visas, cars, logistics, insurance etc.

6. Tom LaPointe

Tom LaPointe Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Tampa, FL - Go Bucs!
    Full Name:
    Tom LaPointe
    let me know if you pass through florida. sounds like good times. I think Brock Yates still holds the US record in the Ferrari; you inviting him?

7. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Tom, It would be great....we will invite everyone who is interested. Right now we are looking to see how much interest this would be for potential participants...I think it will be a great event. also note there is a Cannonball Event happening in may next year in the California area. PM me for details.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If anyone needs a copilot, just let me know. Besides, I've always wanted to go to the Middle East. :)

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    We may never hear of you again. Watch your P's & Q's.

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I think the western world's view of the middle east is skewed, and that there's much fun to be had over there. I imagine places like Dubai are amazing, and I hope to visit one day. If my visit finds me riding shotgun in an exotic, blasting through the desert, then I think I can deal with that. :)

11. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Everyone is welcome....especially if your gona contribute to the fuel bill to your co-driver!!! LOL

12. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I dig that. Have you heard of the Arab Run?

13. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    yes i have. Looks like a good event. But Cannonball is very different, we also have several parties and sponsored events. As far as i am concerend all these events are great. the more the better.

14. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Nope, Alex Roy broke the record last year.

15. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    Sounds like fun, if I win the lottery and move back to UAE I'll be there but for now no exotic :(

Thank you for that comment. Being from UAE it's kinda hard to get credibility saying these things because "obviously he's going to say good things about the country, he's lived there all his life" but it is truly a great place to party and have fun, if you're into partying you can do so in ways unimaginable by people living in other countries. Also if you're into the cultural aspect of the gulf, it's a very humbling place and is definitely a good place to experience traditions that have been in place for centuries and see the development that has happened in the last ~30 years (this is speaking of UAE).

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The media and the general public tend to spin things to suit their opinions and agendas. While I don't subscribe to the idea that it's all a conspiracy, I would much rather find out for myself.

With that said, why the hell are you in Canada...? How do you move from the desert to the arctic...? :)

17. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    Hahaha, I decided to go to school here, the education is far better than in other places. I plan on working back home after I am done my schooling (Architecture).

It feels kinda weird moving from my tent in the desert to a mountain lodge but you get used to it :p I can chop wood here for warmth. Back in UAE I we got plenty of that, if only I could import it.
    Just kidding lol, I go back from time to time but to tell you the truth, I really like it here also. It's so different yet so interesting. I love to experience new cultures.

18. Tom LaPointe

Tom LaPointe Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Tampa, FL - Go Bucs!
    Full Name:
    Tom LaPointe
    please tell me he was in some kind of ferrari...please...

...though there are sub-$30,000 cars that are capable...

19. Tom LaPointe

Tom LaPointe Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Tampa, FL - Go Bucs!
    Full Name:
    Tom LaPointe
    kidding about the tent or the wood LOL?

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ah, higher education. A logical decision that affects all sorts of other illogical decisions. :) But at least you like it. I would be bitter all day everyday if I had to live in that kind of cold.

No Ferrari, he did it in a Bimmer. Roundel enthusiasts worldwide rejoiced when Alex raised the bar.

21. Tom LaPointe

Tom LaPointe Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Tampa, FL - Go Bucs!
    Full Name:
    Tom LaPointe
    solitary car run, or group of competitors?

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    A solitary run with aid, gizmos and gadgets that Yates couldn't even have fathomed. But to be fair, Roy had obstacles that Yates never had to worry about it. So I think the police scanners and all-around radar and laser detector, and strategically placed lookouts throughout his route were an even match to laser and radar, speed-detecting aircraft and so forth.

23. Tom LaPointe

Tom LaPointe Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Tampa, FL - Go Bucs!
    Full Name:
    Tom LaPointe
    not hijacking this thread - just didn't hear the story. I think it's like comparing the baseball teams or players from the past with today's.

hope everyone has fun running this mideast event!