Cant get 991.2 GT3, but can get GTR | FerrariChat

Cant get 991.2 GT3, but can get GTR

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by CRG125, Sep 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Gents,

Need some advice, I currently have a 991.1 GT3 that I bought in 2015 at MSRP from my dealer. I have had bought quite a few Porsche's in the past from them and so I was able to get the GT3 at sticker. I was number 2 on the list for the 991.2 GT3 with them. The first car was offered to me a couple months ago and said I can order the car anyway I want. However, they tell me at the last minute they are charging 40k over sticker! Now I totally understand If I was a new customer, but I am not. I told them no way and said that I should get a car at sticker. After a month or so, the dealer calls and offers their second allocation. I said great, yes I want it, then they say ok, we will sell it to you at $25k over, WTF! I was done after that and told them forget it. They have lost me as a customer. Anyways, the Mercedes dealership I have been buying cars for 25 years, offered me AMG GTR at sticker and I can order the car. I am thinking of just getting the GTR. Your thoughts?

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have been dealing with similar nonsense with my P dealer. A lot of the dealers are playing worse games the Ferrari dealerships ever did. Tell them to pound sand. Get the GTR and have fun with it!!!

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Your P dealer obviously could care less about your business.

The ONE thing that Porsche has with the new gt3 is a depreciation proof ownership experience. Your .1 GT3 is probably worth marginally less than you paid for it. The GTr will most likely depreciate like any other high end car.

Perhaps you should call the GM of the Porsche dealership and attempt a MSRP deal before you walk away.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I don't get what's going on with P dealers lately, I have heard several other stories that are similar, sad as the experience of buying a Porsche was really good.

5. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I actually was dealing with the GM, but owner is pissed that he did not take advantage of the market of the 991.1. Complete BS as they don't care about their existing customers. I will keep my GT3 and just get the GTR.