CAPRISTO EXHAUST (on my 360) FOR SALE! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CAPRISTO EXHAUST (on my 360) FOR SALE!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmy540i, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    SOLD! Thank you all!

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Michael,

Who told you there were two types avaiable? I contacted Matt at Meridian Automotive who only sells LC/Capristo systems and he advises me there is only one for the 360. Have you heard something different?

3. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #28 Simon @ evosport, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We are also a Capristo dealer. In fact, we're placing an order with them this week. For the 360, there are 3 different sound levels available for the 360: Sound 1, 2 and 3, with 3 being the "LC Racing" system. In addition, each exhaust is available in stainless or carbon tips- that makes a total of 6 exhaust options for the car. Hope this helps!

By the way, we did the install for the 360 owner who bought Jimmy's Capristo. Here's a pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Simon:

Are there any performance improvements to the 360 when using the Capristo??

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Yes, Mike was VERY HAPPY with Evosport. :)

6. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    If Matt told you that then he is out of touch with what he sells. I would hope most people representing a product knows something about what they sell. As Evosport stated there are 6 different possible combos with 3 different sound levels. I have only heard the level 2 which I consider to be the "standard" Capristo.

-- Michael

7. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I've been getting this question a lot, so I will try to answer as best I can. Yes there are gains- what they are, and more importantly, where they are on the power curve is unknown to me at this time. The claimed gain is 8hp (my guess is at the crank). However, the way we operate here is that I don't like to state claims until we get the car on the dyno and get some REAL numbers. In addition, the Sound 3 (race) system may have different results than Sound 1 or 2. In GENERAL, when you install a race-style muffler, you get a different internal baffling design in the can (typically less baffling) which equates to louder sound. This helps exhaust flow if you run a full race system (headers, cats, etc). However, on a street car, you may end up losing power due to loss of back pressure. Again, this power may be a loss down low and gain up top...this is why it's important to dyno the car to see exactly where your losses/gains are. We get cars here all the time tuned by other shops- the customer thinks/feels there's some gain, but once the car has been dyno tested, you realize that there is actually loss down low to make up for some gain up top. I hope all this makes some sense.

With all that being said, here's my take on mufflers (as we have been calling exhaust). As a rule, a muffler should NOT be sold on the basis of performance. When you buy a muffler, you buy it for sound and looks (and sometimes weight reduction). While most aftermarket mufflers do provide some performance gains, this gain is so negligible (4-9hp average), that it's too difficult to feel on the butt dyno. Now, there are exceptions to this. Some factory mufflers are so bad in design (or need to comply with certain EPA regulations...a la US spec F40), that an aftermarket muffler does wonders. The 360 factory system flows well, thus the gains are not going to be as dramatic when you install an aftermarket muffler. But we all know how much better it can sound! :D