Capristo Exhaust Question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Capristo Exhaust Question

Discussion in '348/355' started by rockminster, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I was all ways told the sound criteria 1;2;3 was for when the valves were closed theywere all 3 when open.
    My twin valve is a little quiter then the single valved units when wfo

kenneyd likes this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #27 ShineKen, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    That's what alot of people were told. I can assure you a Capristo 3 (I had one) is not a level 3 sound when bypass closed. Bypass open, they probably all sound the same.

3. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    As far as i know wheni talked to them and Nick at Nicks forza they said the same.
    But we need to add my system the twin valve. It comes as a 2/3 only as far as I know but just to complicate things we should clarify because the muffler portion could likely be designed either way.

4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I Personally thinktheir sales men and distributors need to listen to a training video or something

ShineKen likes this.
  5. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Yes my experience is this too. My friend has a 2.7 car with Straight pipes upper and lower. Stage 3 stamped on exhaust and it was very quiet with bypass closed.

ShineKen likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Quieter than your Capristo 2 (w/ 200 cell cats + catless y-pipe)?

7. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    About the same. Just stunk more due to no cats.

I would be able to video the difference but I just swapped out his Capristo for a Tubi Evolution and in keen to hear that exhaust again.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. thurman_merman

Jul 26, 2017
    Austin, TX
    After getting even more information from Capristo NA and them reaching out to Antonio Capristo in Germany(supposedly of course) this is the information I received; the sound 1 (or 1/3) and the sound 2 have only a few db difference between them with the bypass closed. 1, 2 and 3 are the same with the valve open. Apparently they changed the design from the older models that used to have vented canisters. Personally, I think they made all of them quieter to try and sell more remote kits. Ehh, what are you gonna do...they still sound incredible at full song.

9. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a 348 with a "sound 1" and similar to everyone else I was slightly confused as to what I have so I emailed Scuderia Systems in UK to check.

Here's my reply - I hope it helps!

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Its the "deep growl" I don't particularly like on all of these they sound like a boat. Yes at full song they sound good but even low speed cruising not so good. One out there has a wtf pinto with a hole in the muffler sound at idle, at least on a 348 but on the 355 its actually pretty good and better than Capristo sound in my opinion Especially at idle. To each his own enjoy the rid, its why they make chocolate and vanilla!