Capristo exhaust sound file | FerrariChat

Capristo exhaust sound file

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PianoGuy, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PianoGuy

PianoGuy Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Lake Tahoe, NV
    Full Name:
    John
    OK, if you have good bandwidth, you can download a sound-clip of my Capristo. Installed on an 86 Mondial (Euro). The file size is 8.5MB. The exhaust on this car is much, much better than original. Photos posted on another thread. Biggest change is at idle, where the sound is very throaty. Great harmonics and resonance. Sounds like a race car otherwise. Note: I had it built by Heiko to be 20% LESS LOUD than factory default, based on comments I had read here. It is perfect for my tastes.

http://www.pianoquest.com/ebay/fcar/mondialcapristo.avi

Enjoy!! I have.

John

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That sounds mean!! How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

3. PianoGuy

PianoGuy Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Lake Tahoe, NV
    Full Name:
    John
    Heiko of HGParts (a f-chat sponsor) can get you the latest price for your car, model, etc. There is some variation between the older ones (308, 328, Mondial) and the newer F-cars.

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    HGParts' website doesn't post any info on the older cars - no price, no inventory, no nothing.....

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    John,

Thanks. Maybe you could PM me with an idea of the cost. I assume that that your exhaust would be close to one that I would get as it is the same engine. I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Regards,
    Augustine