Capristo Headers Only | FerrariChat

Capristo Headers Only

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, May 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    who has these on a 430 without any other mods (or Fabspeed headers perhaps) I need to know if no precats makes any difference to the sound ??

2. lilleprins

lilleprins Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Torslanda , Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders T.
    It realy does. Was too loud for me so I tried with a TUBI Evo Silencio system. Then a X-Ost Maranello Silent system. Just to be able to use the car on the track.
    Finaly I got the Capristo Special "Silent" muffler and all is absolutely perfect now.

No precat and a silencer that reduces the sound - a bit - even with open valves.

Tubi Evo Silencio had som bad resornance frequensies with this setup. Sold. X-Ost Maranello works god in this combo and I still have it here if you are interested. At a price you can´t resist.

all the best
    //Anders

3. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Will know this soon in 2 weeks :) after my trip in Germany.

4. Tio

Tio Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    This is a very interesting topic because many of us are considering this mod rather than going for the mk2 OEM version of the F430 headers.
    Any dyno / power results are also appreciated!
    Thanks

5. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    I will do a dyno before and after the modification as I want to make sure the difference in HP/Torque will match what has been announced by Capristo. Both dynos will be done at the Capristo factory in Germany using the same equipment (complete Dynostar system including atmo/temperature sensors).

I will post all pictures of installation, MK1 headers (revealing if they have precats or not) and leak details if any, dyno prints.

6. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Excellent - I look forward to that!

7. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Excellent, looking forward to this!

8. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    In a 430 i had KS headers with NR HF cats and NR exhaust,perf was very good but super loud and not a nice sound ...
    Now I have scud with OEM headers,Larini (custom jet coated) test pipes and KS exhaust,sound is ok sometimes to loud for long trips I have Rc dual tone valves but they auto open at some point...

9. Tio

Tio Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    That is the proper way to do it.
    Confirmed results!
    We all look forward to your posts!
    Take care!

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Yep which exact dates are you going SfefVan ?

11. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Thanks for your support guys :)

Richard, I'm driving up there on Thursday 9th June (very early in the morning as it is about a 700km drive). I should arrive there at noon and we'll start immediately with the first dyno. Installation works should be finished by Friday evening as well as the second dyno. During the works, I'll stay there with the guys and I have also many things to talk about with Antonio Capristo.

For my lovely wife, in return of having been very patient with all these technical boring things, after, we'll spend there the weekend as this area of Germany is very nice (and we'll have a chance also to test out the new headers) ;)

Keep watching this thread :)

12. lilleprins

Apr 19, 2010
    Torslanda , Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders T.
    I am looking forward to this.

//Anders

13. ttdang123

ttdang123 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2009
    North San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Tung
    Stef

Could you please ask them if they still make the Capristo headers for the 360?

Thanks

14. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Hi Tung, I asked them and no, unfortunately, they don't make them for the 360.
    Stef

15. ttdang123

ttdang123 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2009
    North San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Tung
    Stef

Thanks - wonder why they do not make them for the 360s

16. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    As Richard wrote already before, I also got the official confirmation that ALL F430 exhaust headers, MK1 and MK2, for all markets, DO HAVE PRECATS.

17. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I guess that explains why it is that the F430, which sports the CS exhaust silencer as standard, doesn't sound nearly as loud as a CS.

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    We keenly await the outcome of your trip to Capristo next week Stefan

19. lilleprins

Apr 19, 2010
    Torslanda , Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders T.
    +1. Seems they don´t bother answering email anymore. A bad sighn.

//A.

20. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Who Anders don't answer you anymore? Capristo? Maybe their offices are closed with the holidays? Do you deal with Martin?

21. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    After having tested for hours yesterday and today up to late at night to throughly validate our findings, I can resume that my F430 has now well more HP/Torque than a Scuderia !!!

Just by changing to the Capristo headers!

Installing them was very easy, only a couple of hours (remove the A/C compressor, that give a very easy access) which was mostly spend in removing the underfloor panels and adjusting perfectly the exhaust line with the new brackets. Installation of the exhaust headers is 100 % done from under the car, not above it...the guy installed them like a piece of cake.

After installation, we spend hours on the Dyno and wind tunnel studying different results. I will go in every detail of this later.

Antonio Capristo is a brilliant guy, truly amazing! I've seen how the headers have been conceived and it's an impressive part of true engineering. When you see how many industrial machines he has in his factory + a brilliant CAD engineer, you'll understand after that you have to deal here with a brilliant piece of work which hasn't been just put together in a couple of days. Every curve of the headers has been calculated, every heat point and exhaust gaz reflexion point been evaluated. They found the perfect length and shape of each exhaust pipe. After having now spend many hours with Antiono (and still more to come), I can say now that I'm no more surprised why super sport brands ask him advice and consulting on their future cars. And Capristo does well more than just exhausts. He manufactures 100% at his German Factory the best spare parts. Ferrari, on some parts, uses only those manufactered by Capristo. More to come also on this suject. I've tons of pictures and videos ;)

A F430 deserves such a perfect exhaust header. So, if you want a good hint, go for Capristo Headers, it's worth the money and uncomparable to any other product I've seen side by side...

More to come are all the pictures of the current MK1 headers with some interesting discoveries!

I'll be back but believe me, after a couple of real road test drives, the car is trully impressive and the sound is just unbelievable. I repeat, my cats are stock as well as the muffler. We just changed the headers which are envelopped with a new version of their famous heat shields.

Can't wait? You want figures? Ok ;)

My stock F430 : Max 493.1 PS - 495.6 Nm torque (which is extremely good and it was a challenge for Capristo to improve these figures)
    Capristo headers : Max 513.1 PS - 504.1 Nm torque

But that's isn't very important (who drives his car all the time at 8500 rpm???). The best part is the range between 2500 rpm - 5000 rpm. At 3000rpm, torque is increased of 41 Nm and 18.2 HP...Max torque of 504 Nm is obtained at 3800rpm which is much higher and earlier than stock.

These figures are well above the performances of a Scud which has only a bit more power/torque at the upper end (8500 rpm). I'll publish all the dynos, photos, videos we have been making which will demonstate what I'm writing here. Including the Dynos of the Scud compared with a F430...

I'll be back soon;)

22. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    #22 pmotoring, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    You are simply amazing....

May I ask if there is only one kind of header for the f430?

Do the headers need be wrapped?

23. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Thanks very much ;) but it's Capristo who IS the amazing Guy ;)

There is only one sort of headers for the F430.it's vital to wrap them with their heat shields.I've seen how they are manufactured and the prime materials are very high profile.We tested several of them putting a direct flame on it of over 1000 C and they just don't burn or heat up.After several intense dyno tests,I put my hands directly on the headers!!!Engine bay temp in this area was reduced from 375C to 90C! The 90C temp was not from the headers but from other parts like the engine itself and cats. We discussed also that ceramic coating is a bad solution coz it will increase even the operating temp.All it does is hiding the glowing of the tubes...

24. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    How do you compare with the fabspeed and capristo headers?

I have bought a set of sport Cats from fabspeed, it works but not so briliant.

Obviously, there is quite a price difference, by the way how much you paid for the capristo, you can PM me, thanks

25. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Capristo and Fabspeed headers are incomparable.Fabspeed is cheap ingeneering so you get what you pay for. When you put both side by side,the differences are huge.With Capristo,no need to add sport cats.I wrote already that the stock cats are excellent with the best coating.They are 300cpi cats.If you want to destroy your engine,go for Fabspeed cats...their cats have very bad flow and low quality coating...hate me or not but I'm saying the truth based on indeep research.Anyway,I'm here to talk only about the best...Just remember that an engine should never scream...the 355 was a very bad example of screaming engine which was caused by the worst exhaust installed by Ferrari.The thing is that many people use the 355 as a reference...while it was the worst engineered engine...I will let you hear how a F430 should sound in a healthy way ;)