Capristo v Tubi v Stainless steel and others | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Capristo v Tubi v Stainless steel and others

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by mmm355, Sep 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    The comparison includes after market exhausts.

I've never seen any tests, but it's what i've generally heard from various people.

One of them being Manu at Scuderia who reckons the 348 with decar/Tubi is only second to an F50.

Therefore as he is the main agent for Tubi/capristo, he should know whats what....

Therefore, come thursday.....my car will sound better than yours.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Never come across a 348 that can sound anywere near mine, no matter what system it has on it. Also ya missing two very important ingredients mate, a bloody great bypass valve and 5 valves per cylinder...OK:D Remember Jas's opinion of my cars sound, he wanted that sound on his but obviously could not becourse there is no bypass.:)
    Did it not acur to you that Manu was telling you anything to sell you a system;)

3. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    We'll see next month.

:D

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I think what he probably said was that of all the cars you can fit a Tubi to the F50 has the best sound followed by the 348

A Tubi'd 348 sounds better than the equivalent 355 (IMHO) but still can't beat a 355 decat Capristo setup

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Thats exactly my opinion G man. For one moment up the page i thought you had hit your head;)

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    thats bollox get your facts right

7. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Is'nt he the Agent for Tubi in the UK?

8. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Yes, but not Capristo. Verdi are the main agent for exhaust nirvana

I know they all get fitted at Verdi but we have to get these facts right :)

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Technically I'm right then, because they are sister companies.

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Technically if i strike you with 20lbs of pressure in between your third and fourth vertbrae,i can paralyse your sorry ass:D

11. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Violence violence violence

What happened to your flower arranging?

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I gave that **** up when me tulips would not align with me roses. So i threw the bloody thing through the window and got the sack:( So now i am back in the life of violence, YEA!!!!:D

13. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

True.....but that was when I had only heard my car with cats and a standard exhaust. Decatted and Tubi'd now it's a different story :)

To be honest the cap 355 and tubi 348 both sound awesome. Which is better? Probably a matter of opinion, and I'd need to compare them side by side. But judging by the vids on www.zindigi.co.uk I'd say the 348 sounds better. Perhaps not louder....but better.

The bypass however does add an interesting "instant switchover" sound effect to the 355 that is missing (more gradual?) on the 348.

Besides....I didn't want to mention it before, but yours did sound a bit pink :D :D

14. jasonSF

jasonSF Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    North Essex
    Full Name:
    Jason F
    standard system with cats is best! :D

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Get your ears checked for wax blockage!

16. jasonSF

jasonSF Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    North Essex
    Full Name:
    Jason F

ears syringed recently! Tubi too boomy! I like crisp high note! :D

17. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

angelis your ears will become unblocked when chaa breaks yer vertebrae

18. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hey all you 348 guys, who are you trying to convince? never in your life time can any 348 sound as good as a De-cat capristo, never ever. And i have been on runs with De-cat Tubi 348s and they have been shamed into second place dudes. Also every one will say about mine WOW! Just live with it dudes;) ya in second place in the sound stakes and i am not even going down the performance route.:D

19. panterasteve

panterasteve Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    huddersfield
    Full Name:
    steve b
    i hate to say this but these capristos do sound a lot better than tubis ,ive just decated my tubi and below 3000 rpm it sounds rough but above that its ace ,the capristo just takes up a level and their better made too,next year they will be loads of used tubis on ebay!

20. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

No argument on performance....355 is faster as it has more bhp.

But the soundtrack argument will be settled quite nicely when we have all the cars back to back at the airfield day :)

Hear ya then ;)

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    You know when i first had my stainless-steel system on my car i thought it was the dogs and second to none. You can become used to the sound of your own system, and thats what has happend to all you Tubied 348s:D Like i said i have been on runs with tubied 348, and i know you have not been out with a de-cat Cappy on a run along side ya 348, becourse then you would not be talking so much bolloxs:D Cant wait till the air feild day me self:)
    MB: That reminds me, what are you 348 guys going to do, becourse there are going to be straights in which you will be left behind becourse your cars are to dam slow. There are going to be corners in which you are going to be to dam slow becourse your cars still have the suspension on a 1930 model T ford. So WTF have ya got going for ya? Er..........cant think of any thing me self:D:D Any fantasys or sugestions?
    What say you 348 dudes, is it game on or what:)

22. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

thats put the cat amongst the pigeons

23. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Chaa, you're right I've not heard a 355 cap alongside a 348 Tubi. That's precisely why the airfield day will be the acid test. I'm keeping an open mind on this one.

About performance, I think you'll find there's a modded 348 (not mine of course) that'll show your modded 355 his tailpipes on the day - straights or bends.

Either that, or I could bring my weedy little 4 pot 1.8 litre Elise and leave ya standing on the straights or the bends...with ease :D :D

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Deram on, and dont let me start on the gear that i could bring;)

25. Ferrari_Fan

Ferrari_Fan Karting

Apr 28, 2005
    Have heard that the `95 F355 sounds better than the later models, what is the different in sound, and by how much?