Car has been run over | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Car has been run over

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fiaat, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The more extreme posts have already been moderated. The remainder are the responsibility of the posters and you are free to discuss how appropriate they are with them; so long as you do so within site rules.

2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Really? Wow. What we have seen today are the left over after the censoring!? The tolerance is too high, I must say. Since when it is a-okay to call for violence against a minor in Fchat!? I think you need to bring this issue to your co-moderators for further discussion. Seriously.

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Two co-moderators have already been through this thread. They're the ones that deleted the more extreme posts and gave the P&R warning.

You may not be suited to this site. You're welcome to find another.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Bumping this post up. Any damage sustained to the car OP? I figure with the aluminum panels there probably is. My car's aluminum hood (not a Ferrari unfortunately) was easily dented.

If so, I hope you go after the kid's parents and take them to court. Have them pay every cent plus the cost of your lawyer. If they can't come up with the cash, it'll be a nice debt (with interest) for them to pay off and never forget...Ah the shackles of debt.

MalcQV likes this.
  5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I can't believe we have 4 pages of posts and we still don't know of any damage. I'm thinking there has to be and could require an entire car re-paint given the number of panels involved. What say the OP?

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And I thought personal attacks were banned on fchat?

Think what you like, in another thread you were no doubt happy that I am like I am when I managed to convince a fraudster to repay one of our members here. Do you think it was because I asked him nicely?

Edit - just read past this, and saw the moderators note - thank you.....

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In my opinion, if you are old enough to do the crime, be it running over a ferrari causing criminal damage, mugging an old lady, committing rape etc, then you are old enough for the consequences. If the law of the land isn’t helpful, then I’m afraid there has to be consideration of other means.

The kid should be glad it isn’t Sicily, the OP wouldn’t have bothered to post a thing, because the family would already be in servitude to him and the child’s (assuming he is a child, he may be 18, they all look like scruffy urchins these days with their stupid hoods and trousers half way down their arris ) attitude fully adjusted

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    No... You got me confused with someone else.

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nope, it was your ‘funny meme’, just checked... but the moderators brought it to your attention, so that’s fine

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Has this kid been caught yet?

11. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just to add some heat to the fire :)

One of cars my was (unfortunately the 458) involved in a robbery attempt last week in my bloody garage in a healthy neighbourhood in Stockholm

So new door lock and repainting the door is the project coming up this winter.

If it would only have been the G-wag 4x4 or R8 or Ghibli I would not have shed a tear, but this is my baby
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Could very well be, the kids look rather pasty.

13. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    With all due respect sir, you are too quick to invite people to leave. The man was simply and respectfully stating his opinion. Under those circumstances, I think your response was excessive, gratuitous and even somewhat juvenile. Again, though that’s just one man’s opinion.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The nature of my response was in kind to his. I found his posts were quite condescending, couched in the mere form of "respect". He presumed that his standards of behavior should apply to the site and others, belabored the obvious, and didn't consider that 3 mods had already been through the thread and applied standards that had been in effect for 17 years with reasonable success. I was pointing out that if he still disagreed with the outcome, then he could only be frustrated by continued activity on the site and he might experience less frustration elsewhere.

I also found your post to be equally condescending, couched in the mere form of "respect". People who preface a statement with "with all due respect" are usually winding up to be disrespectful, which was the case here.

Just my opinion.

15. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well you are correct I don’t respect your juvenile suggestion that he leave, but I was respectful in saying so. I think it’s too often used here and and that those words are so cheap as to make them almost gratuitous and somewhat childish. Maybe I will receive that comment/suggestion next. I’ll save you the invitation, just because I’m making the observation that I don’t like your comments doesn’t mean that I’m going to leave. By the way, I’m not necessarily sympathetic to the other fellas comments. I just didn’t appreciate your heavy handed tone. Have a good day!

Makuono likes this.
  16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    "What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!" said Gandalf. "Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.”

Stentboy likes this.
  17. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Never, nor would I dream of asking for your exit.

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    This place appears to be turning into SnowflakeChat.

Keep up the good work Yin, you and the other Mods keep this place sane.

19. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    So sorry to see this......there must have been something in the car they wanted since you can't steal a Ferrari with a screwdriver. Additionally.....I don't understand the other scratches. Hopefully, law enforcement got a few fingerprints to work with.

I was in Stockholm one evening for a dinner at a restaurant and got out and locked my computer bag in the trunk of a rented Volvo. Someone must have seen me do it because when I returned.....someone had used a screwdriver on the driver's door lock (like yours) and broke into the car. Then they went through the back seat to steal the computer bag from the car. The police just shook their head and told me property crime is a big problem now. One of them joked that the "Hertz Rental Car" sticker on the back window meant in Swedish: "Okay to break into this car".

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

OMG garage ? isn't it locked , alarmed and CCTV'ed ?

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think the bigger issue is that these kids (and many adults) are pure haters. Rather than be motivated they would rather vandalize someone else's property. The lack of respect and consideration is rampant these days and getting worse. I doubt anyone here would hurt a kid but certainly they should be taught a lesson and perhaps they wise up and work to improve their situation vs. growing up making excuses and hating on others that have been more fortunate.

MalcQV and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Im proud as punch that my girls have matured and grown up to be respectful human beings.

As far as im concerned its the parents and if they are caught it the parents that need to pay.

daytona355 likes this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

That’s awful mate, I’m glad they didn’t get the car, but I’m sure the shock of knowing some scumbag was in your garage rummaging around and trying to appropriate what you have worked hard to get is probably the most horrible part. Hope they catch the scum, and make them pay in every way possible.. sometimes maybe the Arab way of chopping off hands and other bits becomes appropriate to set standards!

24. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's the strange thing, I never leave anything in the F-car, only in the other cars (Ghibli, R8- very seldom and G 4X4) and only stuff like a can of coke, pack of cigarettes, bottle of water, nothing expensive which leaves me to think this just might be a bunch of or one junkie trying to break in and then somehow got interrupted by someone entering the garage when they were at it. I've talked to the garage owner and they have now promised to put in more guards to take turns guarding the garage. Right now I'm just parking my 458 out on the street where I live as I don't trust the garage :(

25. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It is locked and alarmed but open before 10 PM, then locked until 6 AM something not sure, need to look further into this. Cost is one part why I chose this garage having 4 cars sitting there it can be quite a big difference just in parking space cost if you find a good rate or not (1200 EUR - 2000 EUR á month)