Car magazine subscription offers | FerrariChat

Car magazine subscription offers

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by f355spider, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Are the rest of you getting these deals?

R&T $7 per year!

Automobile $10 per year!

I also got one for Autoweek for some unbelievable price, but passed. I think it was around $20.

What is up with these companies? I know they make most of their money on advertisers, so do they need to pump up their subscriber lists so they can charge more for advertising?

Dave

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I signed up for a free subscription to Maxim but haven't gotten it yet.I think they need a certain amount of subscribers to help sell ads in them perhaps.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I get Time, Maclean's, National Geographic, a few for the g/f and UMM {Urban Male Mag. :)} for twenty bucks a month cdn. I pay for two years and get them for four. Not a bad deal.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Dave, I think that's it, plus the hope that out of either enjoyment or sheer ambivolence we will renew at the higher rate. I just got Motor Trend (just about the only one I don't get yet) for $1/issue, and my wife got Vogue for the same. With all the ads in that one, they should pay HER to read it.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hmm... I'd been paying $7/year for R&T, but my last issue came with a thing saying $10/year... I'm too cheap - I'll resubscribe when I find $9 or less.

6. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
  7. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    You are sniffing in the right direction Advertising Audit time is coming up in a couple of months and the more "Paid" subscribers they can squeeze in the more they charge for ad space
    R&T is around $97,000 for a one time page and advert look at the cost per mil views..... I can go on but it is one of those things that people are now paying more attention to the audit numbers after Rosie and others had "Claimed" circ numbers over double thier actual.
    Take it from me Subscriptions just cover the cost of mailing the thing Ad pays wages printing and everthing else

8. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark