Car rear ended me on road bike... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Car rear ended me on road bike...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Jun 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Wow! all this getting hit from behind stuff from so many riders makes me think I should just get on the porch and watch all the action! Sure glad your doing better and back riding already Rob.

2. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Glad to hear you're okay, Rob. I got broadsided by a Cadillac about 5 years ago. The driver came out from between buildings and didn't see me until it was too late. He hit the brakes, and managed to hit me while _not_ going 45mph. I swerved, but wound up going over his hood and off the other side of the car. Turned my mountain bike frame into a nice 'u' shape, and made my ankle bend in a direction it didn't originally.

His reaction was like your driver's: he screamed at me.

My reaction was a lot worse than yours. I got up and tried to smash the driver's windshield using my bike. I wanted to wring the driver's neck (or at least wrap my frame around it), and probably would have had the police not arrived soon thereafter.

3. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris

I hate to say it, as I was/am a cyclist, but this is the cyclists' part of the problem in mixing with traffic. More cyclists need to remember that, while they have a right to the road, they also must obey the traffic laws: which means yielding, stopping, and generally behaving like the rest of traffic. Too many just don't.