Car seat office chairs | FerrariChat

Car seat office chairs

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dongerdude, Jan 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Has anyone got any experience of these - car seats that have been fitted onto an office chair swivel base?

I've seen http://www.rallyofficechairs.com/ though I'm not that keen on cobra seats - I'd prefer something more luxurious such as a front seat from a BMW or Mercedes. Also I want it to be a heated seat. I've seen heated front seats front a BMW 7 series on ebay for around £50 to £150 each. How feasible would it be to buy a heated, leather front seat from a wrecked car and turn it into an office chair. Also does anyone know how the electrics would work? - I know very little about electrics, though expect I would need a transformer of some sort to get the right voltage for the car seat's electric adjustment and heating to work.

I'm finding the winter weekends boring - no sailing - and fancy a project of some sort and could do with a new office chair, and am wondering if this could be a fun solution. Any advice, experiences, etc greatly appreciated!