Car shows and Cruise nights for 2004 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Car shows and Cruise nights for 2004

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Rookies in St Charles is the one Tod and I have been to

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Is that the same one we went to on our Geneva/Batavia drive?

3. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    No, on our Ferrari drive we ended up at Fox Valley mall at the Steak and Shake, that's where they took the picture of our Ferraris :)

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Can I invite Alain Lambo on our next drive?
    You have to take notice of his idio, stubbor, childis... I mean loyalty. However, I never bought one thing the guy said or if he even had any of the cars he claimed. Ever notice his statements of, " Yeah, Lambo vs Ferrari recently at Hockenheim and Lambo won hands down despite Ferrari being nuclear powered and driven by Jesus. Oh, I will have to get back on the source of this information for you." And he never did...
    F1 history not so great on too: Lambo and Minardi were together. I like Minardi and the fact they put in effort, but everyone knows their track success. Despite the power of Chrysler, I mean Lambo, Minardi still did not do anything. Oh wait, Lambo makes some kick azz boats!
    He will be back with some other name, he really has nothing else to do. He struck me as some pimple face teen who got his kicks off agitating people.
    Who is confirmed for the April Wisconsin drive?

RocketBoy

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Allan is actually a quite successfull real estate agent in Hawaii and has a Lambo and a Ferrari. The fact that he like to argue about Ferraris wasn't the problem. But needless trolling was. And he has been warned many times before.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I have "Made the Cruise Night Rounds" for many years now. If anyone cares to join me,just let me know,here on FChat. I will post the " 'Regular' Town Nights" here when I find out more. But,the ones that I already mentioned ARE the Regular Nights.(once again: Wed. Elmhurst,Thurs. Westmont, Fri.Downers Grove, Sat. Lombard.)

I do know,that most of the Towns do not like,or allow cars to park,before,in most cases,5:30PM. So,if we want to Park,all together, best to be close by there at that 5:30 time. Otherwise,as I also mentioned,we can meet up somewhere,and all cruise through,together. Dazzle the masses with a Line of FERRARI'S!!!! :)

BTW....I am working on seeing if we can get our Ferrari's into the Lombard Lilac Parade.On SUNDAY MAY 16TH.,2004 at 1:30PM... (it is always the Sunday AFTER Mothers Day) It is a HUGE Parade,thats been going on for 50 YEARS strong! With ALOT of people,and some VIP's,too. Always Fun...won't take TOO long to cruise through.

But...the Criteria is that the cars,(at least the design) are at least 25 years old. (Antique) A 308/328 will qualify,as,the DESIGN is from 1975. (Produced in 1976.) And...it's a Rain or Shine deal. As "Paranoid" that I am about having my Car in the Rain. I suppose that once or Twice won't hurt it....IF it even Rains...Most have been Sunny days. (LOL! YES!,you heard it here,FIRST!!!:) )

So,If ANYBODY who's car meets that Criteria...(Kim & Chelle,too!..?..!) Let me know ASAP if you would be interested. I will find out this week if we can still do it for the year,but,I think so. But,they'd like a "Car Count",if possible.ASAP. And,as much as I,personally,would want any and all Ferrari's in...The Rules say,"NO..Antique,only". So,don't show up if your car doesn't "Qualify" as I mentioned above,or,you aren't on the LIST. They won't let you in. You have to let me know if you want to attend,now.and I'll put you down for it. And,don't forget,I need a count ASAP!!!! This is not quite a done deal,but need a count if anyone might be interested.... Thanks!!!!

BTW...Did I mention,Prizes for 1st.,2nd.,and 3rd.,in each class. (For the group,I believe,not individually...but,I'll find out.) And,there usually aren't too many Antique Car Clubs,or Old Car Clubs in attendence...Used to be a Corvette Club. But,not for the last few years...

7. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    First real one in my area, May 1th at the A&W in N. Aurora on Rt. 31 a little north of 88, runs from 6 to 10

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Got a response already from Double K Productions. Sounds like a plan to me. So lets make sure we team up for a particular event as the dates get closer.

========================================================
    Yes, I remember you guys well. You guys appeared to be a bunch of good spirited fun time group and we would love to have you attend any of our events. A couple areas need to be addressed though to add an additional
    class.

a. Date(s) of the show(s) (you guys want to participate in)
    b. A minimum of 6 participants to offset the expense of an addition of a class and the respective 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place trophies.
    c. Pre-registration & payment of the 5 participants advance.
    d. A group of 8 or more will allow me to reduce the participation fees from $15 to $12

By the way, not even posted on the site yet, is a nice cruise set up on
    May 1st at D&M Motorsports in Glen Ellyn. You know, they deal w/ a much
    higher end automobile than the typical stock/modified cars. You guys might
    enjoy this Cruise-In if the weather is good! Watch the site as it will be
    posted very soon.

Look forward to serving you and let me know how I can.
    Kerry

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I do know,that most of the Towns do not like,or allow cars to park,before,in most cases,5:30PM. So,if we want to Park,all together, best to be close by there at that 5:30 time. Otherwise,as I also mentioned,we can meet up somewhere,and all cruise through,together. Dazzle the masses with a Line of FERRARI'S!!!! :)

Speaking of lines and just cruising around, while on a sales call today saw about 20 new 6 series BMW's all driving north on Roselle road in Hoffman Estates. I have no clue what they were doing, all tan, looked like Minnie plates, some convertibles others just the coupe. It is a nice looking car, sharp and focused. However, while at the autoshow I saw these cars having stickers close and over $80K. Not sure about the rest of you, but I would rather go after a Porsche 996 for that kind of money. Regardless, just odd to see so many of the same car just cruising around. My only guess is it is some sort of road test because one of the BMW of North America headquarters is in Schaumburg and can be seen from I90.

RocketBoy

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank