car stero upgrade | FerrariChat

car stero upgrade

Discussion in '360/430' started by Robb195512, Jul 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb195512

Robb195512 Rookie

Aug 16, 2009
    Where can I go to get an customized stereo upgrade for a 430 Scuderia?

2. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    where are you located?

DL

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Ask your local dealer who they use. Also post in your section and list your city.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rob- One of our FChatters, Scott Cairncross, has a shop and he is an expert on Ferrari stereo upgrades. Give him a call and see what he recommends. He can supply all the units competitively, too.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

La Jolla Audio
    Scott Cairncross
    5161 Santa Fe Street Ste B
    San Diego, CA 92109
    858-581-6545
    858-581-0360

5. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    #5 Trent, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You can add amplifiers, add a stealth subwoofer, change your speakers, but if you change the head unit, it will look worse to some degree. Yes the factory system is not great, but take a look at all of the aftermarket installs in 360/430s, they all look off to me. You can not match the look and feel of a stock unit in these cars.

All my opinion; but do me this, if you find or have a head unit that you think looks better that the stock one, please post an image of it in a 360/430, I would genuinely like to see it.

One last footnote, I have a spare Blaupunkt Tokyo RDM 169 that I think would look almost as good. It has that simple, clean, all black look. BTW mine is not for sale, saving in case the F430 stock unit blows a transistor. (seen them on ebay for $125 with Changer and Amp)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    is there a thread "lets see those car stereo upgrades" or something similar where people have posted pictures of their stereos? I've seen so many different threads but they all seem to be somewhat short (1 or 2 pages) with only several images. if there isn't maybe we should start one (would be happy to do it, just don't to get hateback for restarting an existing thread). if there is one, can someone please post a link cuz I haven't seen one. the longest thread i saw was (http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276365&highlight=stereo+upgrade) but it didn't have many pictures.

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #7 Piper, Jul 27, 2011
  8. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    that kenwood does look nice especially with the black surround. unfortunately, the 360's are aluminum surround and tough to match...

9. RB9

RB9 Karting

May 27, 2011
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #9 RB9, Jul 27, 2011
    I recently purchased the Kenwood KIV-BT901 unit to install.

Its single din with a 3" LCD comes with bluetooth built in, ipod connectivity and can support a reverse camera and for you lucky American's it has Pandora. Oh and it has a partially detachable face plate for spider owners :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I would like to add different speakers, an amp and sub but I won't change the head unit. Stereo guy expert I spoke with practically insists but I say no.

11. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #11 Ingpr, Jul 27, 2011
    tifosi101 likes this.
  12. RB9

RB9 Karting

May 27, 2011
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Very nice deck. Does it show finger prints much?

13. Fatty

Fatty Karting

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
    Wow. The JVC one looks really good. Which model is that? Also, where did you mount the rear view camera (pics if possible).

I seriously hate reverse parking in the 360! :(

14. Mikkofin

Mikkofin Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2011
    Finland
    Interested too...

15. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Dude, I'll sell you my old head unit for a song and a dance. Break it, pull just the skin off the face plate and find a way to hinge it so it covers a real head unit. For the love of God, man !!

I tried to do the same. No balance, fade, treble, bass or EQ. The signal to the speakers will have to be spliced. There is NO POINT in using good speakers in that situation. The signal will be too crappy. No reason at all.

EDIT: I should actually keep my head unit in case a purist buys my car some day, I guess. What a tragedy that Ferrari even leaves us to ponder this problem by selling such a crappy sound system.

16. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    1+
    LOL!

I still have my combo If anyone wants it at a good price.

17. Zapien1

Zapien1 Rookie

Jun 11, 2016
    very nice what’s the model ?

18. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    My best guess is JVC KD-AVX77

19. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    I've researched the hell out of this. I have another thread recently on this topic.

It all comes down to what your priorities are (ie, need nav or don't care, etc.) and what your aesthetical goals are (ie, look stock or don't care).

So, what are they?

Tom

20. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Yep, AVX-77. Alas, quite an old model now and difficult to find second hand which is a shame as they really suit the interior with the lack of buttons and customisable wallpaper

21. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    tifosi101, RedTaxi and hessank like this.
  22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Ya, because there just aren’t enough Ferrari logos in these cars.

23. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    This seems like an excellent compromise. I wonder if there’s a more current version/equivalent?

Pioneer have an interesting smartphone driven unit SPH -10BT, but it only seems to be available in Europe. Are there any foreseeable issues with using such a unit in North America, other than perhaps warranty?

24. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Image Unavailable, Please Login This is what I removed from my 360 in an effort to get it closer to original. Not pictured are 2 more splitters and speakers. I located and installed an original Becker radio with cassette! I am in the process of replacing carbon fiber accessories with original parts. Yes, I am one of those people! Determined to return my car to the way it was when it left the factory.

one4torque and tomconte like this.
  25. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I am about to rip a similar amount of junk from a muscle car of mine to be replaced with a high end wireless bluetooth speaker (velcroed anywhere I want in the car) and my smart phone. Job done.