Car Storage Unit in Malibu, Calabasas, Westlake area? | FerrariChat

Car Storage Unit in Malibu, Calabasas, Westlake area?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jennifer488, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jennifer488

jennifer488 Rookie

Aug 8, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does anyone know if there are any car storage units available in the Malibu, Westlake, Calabasas, Woodland Hills or adjacent area? I've looked all over and can't find any car specific units. There are a lot of regular storage units, but the regular unit do not have outlets/electricity and I need an outlet to plug in my car. Thank you!

2. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Would be curious about this too...

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm in the Southbay, but I keep 2 of my cars at a regular storage facility that has electrical outlets in the unit. It is a US Storage facility and I have two 10x20 units. If the unit has an overhead light but no electrical outlet, you can tap into electrical using this (I did it when I had another car at a Public Storage facility):

https://www.amazon.com/Onite-Standard-Socket-Adapter-Control/dp/B01EHAE54A/ref=pd_day0_hl_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01EHAE54A&pd_rd_r=7412e306-13af-11e9-9b50-e9186df35c37&pd_rd_w=XWXhh&pd_rd_wg=akMgn&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=3F0K5J826JVYKABQVS9E&psc=1&refRID=3F0K5J826JVYKABQVS9E

4. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I have 2 of my cars in a warehouse near the Van Nuys airport. Found a business owner that sublet. 2 years ago I was able to get warehouse space that worked out to $200 / Month / Space. I'm looking for a couple people who would co-op a warehouse for storage only (no work at all). Hopefully one that would allow staggered stackers to add additional space in wasted air.

Feel free to reply... Open to any good idea .... Mark

5. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    I don’t know what anyone’s budget here is but check out Finish Line in Westlake Village. It’s not really storage per se, it’s more like a house that your car lives in.

You gotta see it to believe it and they go for (don’t quote me) I think 750K (which is about 745K more than I can afford for a storage unit!).

6. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Are you sure that overhead light isn't on a timer? I have a 40' deep unit in SoCal I keep two cars in. It has overhead light as well, but on timer... Originally, I was thinking of bringing an extra battery on the side to help keep charge, but it hasn't been an issue so far. Note that I am keeping newer cars there (on rotation): 2015 Alfa 4c, 2017 Alfa Giulia Quad, 2015 BMW, 2018 Alfa Giulia Ti. The F-cars always at house on tenders... lol... sure they wouldn't last without...

7. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I know what you are talking about. In my current unit, one of the overheads is on a timer but the other is not. However this is not a problem since I have outlets in both units. When I had the car at Public Storage, I did ask the property manager if the overhead was on a timer. Didn’t tell them why but she said it was switched and power was always on. You bring up a good point that you should always ask. BTW, you have a unicorn with a 40’ deep unit. I could never find one that was available. Fortunately I was able to find side by side 20’ deep units.

8. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Had two 20' units, had them put me on waiting list for a 40', and one came up within months :)

Maybe I should go check out the outlets in the ceiling... perhaps I am in luck and one is not on timer...

9. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    It takes 5 minutes to replace a countdown timer switch with a regular switch and return it to original when you leave ....

Still looking for interested folks to share a commercial warehouse in the SFV ....

10. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Probably won't fly on the exterior of the building ....

11. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I agree.... I was in a US Storage facility (10x20) and the switch was inside....

12. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    I have a brand new warehouse in a nice part of Thousand Oaks. I’ve been storing two cars there for a couple of months and have recently thought about the idea of leasing out a few spaces to other enthusiasts.

Definitely open to this idea if anyone has interest.

13. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    What are you willing to pay @ car if the location was very safe, just west of Van Nuys Airport ?

14. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    I currently don't have the need to store any cars outside of my current storage locations. I do have available space to store if anyone is interested.

15. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    How much are you looking to pay per month?