Car Wash In Manhattan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Car Wash In Manhattan

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Thanks,

Will try it next time

Rijk

2. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik

We are a Ferrari chat sponor. Please feel free to browse our site for our appearance services.

Regards,
    Gus
    Technik 1

3. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Dear fellow NYC Ferrari enthusiasts,

My name is Gus Tsekenis. I have Technik 1, an exotic specialty shop at 516 west 29th street. We offer an exotic hand wash and award-winning detailing, as well as electronic and performance enhancements. Please feel free to click on our site www.technik1.com here, or from the Sponsors page.

I look forward to meeting all of you and your Ferraris in our bright, open shop.

Regards,
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1
    T 212 594 5353
    [email protected]

4. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik

www.technik1.com

5. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Gus,

What's the cost for a wash / hand-wash / detail / full-detail on a car like a 360?

6. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hi Noah,

Our luxurious 2-bucket, top-to-bottom wash is $30.00. It includes a thorough vacuum, glass cleaning and interior wipe.

Our small detail is $125.00. It includes our exotic hand wash, plus a proper hand wax and shampoo floor mats.

Our superlative detailing is between $250.-300.00 depending on condition. Unlike some places that charge one flat price for all cars, and perform the same work accordingly, we feel every car's condition is different and should be priced as such.

We look forward to meeting you, Noah.

Regards,
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JUST LAUGHING HERE TO MYSELF.......A PERSON THAT OWNS A 360 IS ASKING HOW MUCH A CAR WASH AND DETAILING IS..

HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
    BRUCE

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

Hey! a penny saved is a penny earned!! :)

9. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Heh. Don't worry Bruce, no reason to laugh -- I have very legitimate reasons for asking...

nlh

10. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Dear fellow NYC Ferrari enthusiasts,

My name is Gus Tsekenis. I have Technik 1, an exotic specialty shop at 516 west 29th street. We offer an exotic hand wash and award-winning detailing, as well as electronic and performance enhancements. Please feel free to click on our site www.technik1.com here, or from the Sponsors page.

I look forward to meeting all of you and your Ferraris in our bright, open shop.

Regards,
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1
    T 212 594 5353
    [email protected]

11. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Gus,

Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad to hear that you guys have joined fchat as a sponsor. I'll definitely check Technik 1 out when the time comes.

Just a quick note: You don't need to keep posting the same message within a thread -- the info you posted from last time is still here, and everyone is able to view it.

Likewise, when you reply to one person's post, your reply is tacked on to the bottom of the thread and is visible to everyone, so no need to reply to each post individually with the same info (it's redundant).

nlh

12. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hi Noah,

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to meeting you.

Happy Holidays,
    Gus

13. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Do you go to Jackson's on Route 22 in Union? I go there too. There is also a great guy in Westfield, G-WIZ who I used before I entered my car in the Morristown Concours. He did an amazing toothbrush style detailing job. (I won a Platinum award too so he must have helped out! )

14. Bob L.

Bob L. Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Bob L.
    I recently had my 550 washed at a car wash on West 14th St at the West Side Highway. My garage will do it, but the fellow was away so I tried this place, and they did a good job. They will hand wash your car for $25, and I had them do a "basic" wax job and the same guy did that as well for $29. With a good tip, up front, he did a very nice job.

15. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Happy holidays, Bob.

I just wanted to inquire if they washed the door, trunk jambs; cleaned the wheel lug openings, brake calipers, and tail pipes; thorough vacuuming and inside glass?

Thanks, Gus

16. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Whatever you do NOT take it to a drive through/automated car wash! Yikes!!

There are plenty of DIY quarter car washes right outside of Manhattan. I used to go to a place right off the Saw Mill and XCounty (say 10-12 miles outside of the city) in Westchester.

-N

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Would love to get any updates / additional input.

Thanks.

18. MININYC

MININYC Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    I had my humble MINI Cooper S (we can all dream of Ferrari's, right? :) ) hand washed at Gus's Technik1 - they did a GREAT job. I will definitely use them again.

19. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Thanks for the kind words, Bud.

Gus
    Technik 1

20. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Gus,

Is your service drive up and get a wash or do you need an appointment for a quick wash?

Emil

21. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hi Emil,

Our hand wash service works more efficiently by appointment--which is to say, if you could give us a couple of hours heads-up, we can expect you and you need not wait more than 15-20 minutes. Please feel free to give a call when you think you'll be in the area. Thanks.

Gus
    Technik 1

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I spoke with Gus to talk a little more about his shop and the services offered, and FWIW, he seems like a really nice guy, and genuinely interested in providing the best service. Obviously, his experience in dealing with high-end cars gives me additional comfort. I anticipate using his shop when my baby arrives.

Regards.