Caravan to CI from the East Bay? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Caravan to CI from the East Bay?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BLACK HORSE, Jul 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    OK, I actually read the thread and see there isn't a San Jose meeting point yet. I would suggest since meeting points seem to revolve around Starbucks that the Starbucks at Bernal and San Ignacio be a good meeting point. Looks like it is about 1/3 mile from the 101/85 interchange. Address is 125 Bernal Road, San Jose, 95119.

(An interesting choice also with the East Bay tie-in. Isn't there both a Bernal and San Ignacio exit in the East Bay?)

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Sleep?? Last year I literally pulled an "all night detailing tour" and never went to sleep on Wednesday night before the weekend. Slept like a baby on Thursday night though in Carmel!

3. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    This shopping center is the best place I've seen so far. In the same shopping center it looks like there is also a McDonalds right up against the street on Bernal as well as a Shell station. I couldn't see the Starbucks from Google Maps Streetview, but I'm sure it is in there somewhere. Looks like about a mile off the Bernal exit off of 101 right near 85. Coming from 85 it would be the Great Oaks exit to San Ignacio and Bernal. Return to 101 is back up Bernal and a right onto the 101S onramp. Too bad there isn't a good spot on Rue Ferrari or Enzo Dr on the other side of 101. :)

With no traffic this should be 40-45 minutes from the Dublin Starbucks. How is 680 that time of day on a Friday? I am planning on being there at 6:45 so we can depart no later than 7:00.

I'll try and do a drive by to scout this spot out in the next couple of days.

San Jose
    1) Brian Harper - 308 GT4
    2) Flyinlo (Jeff) - F355 Spider

4. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    That Starbucks: (Bernal and San Ignacio) it is, then - Google Maps says it's 45 minutes or so, but given that we're a group (and will have to start to deal with some Friday morning traffic), I'd guess we'll be there just before or at 7 AM. Let's shoot for a 7:15 departure from there. It's an hour from there to Monterey, so that gets us there in perfect time for the CI folks to get their cars on the fairways.

If you have two-way radios, feel free to bring them along... I'm wasting no time - charging the GPS today...

5. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Anyone driving down Thursday afternoon? I'll be leaving Walnut Creek around 2pm.

6. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #31 BLACK HORSE, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Okay... by popular demand, the East Bay (Dubin) caravan folks will be making a stop at the Starbucks located at 125 Bernal Road, San Jose, around 7am or 715ish to pick up anyone from the San Jose area. Please list your name so we know who we can expect to be there when we arrive. PM me if you have questions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    For us Sac guys, it'll be the Startbucks on Laguna, just off of I-5, departing for Dublin at 4:30 AM.
    1) SillyPuppy (Orrie) - F355 Spider
    2) IronDogMike (Mike) - 308
    3) Terculees (Andrei) - Elise
    4)

Dublin guys, at the Starbucks at Hacienda Crossing off I-580, departing for San Jose at 6:00 AM.
    1) Black Horse (Rob)
    2)
    3)

San Jose at the Starbucks at Bernal and San Ignacio, departing for Monterey at 7:15 AM.
    1) Flyinlo (Jeff) - F355 Spider
    2)
    3)

8. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    oh this is going to be worth it to be part of this drive.I may not want to sell the car after this:p

9. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    #34 Terculees, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    To all you fine gentlemen going on this drive,

I am bringing 3 (yes, three!) high definition video cameras, and a photographer riding shotgun with a nice DSLR.
    So if you see the yellow Lotus drop back or speed up in the adjacent lane during the drive, smile for the camera!

10. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    VERRRRRRRY Sweet! Hope you've got night vision on those things for the Sac-Dublin leg! :D

I've got another car coming with me (most likely a Boxster S that has no trouble keeping up!), too...

11. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I still have my 308 and it's going on 7 years now

12. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Anyone else in the East bay that want to join us down to CI... arrive before 6am in Dublin at the Starbucks located near the Regal theaters at (Hacienda & 580) on Friday 14th.

13. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    thats great Rob,for me its been 2 years. I'll talk to on friday why I'm think this is the year she may go but its all good

14. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    For us Sac guys, it'll be the Startbucks on Laguna, just off of I-5, departing for Dublin at 4:30 AM.
    1) SillyPuppy (Orrie) - F355 Spider
    2) IronDogMike (Mike) - 308
    3) Terculees (Andrei) - Elise
    4)

Dublin guys, at the Starbucks at Hacienda Crossing off I-580, departing for San Jose at 6:00 AM.
    1) Black Horse (Rob)
    2)
    3)

San Jose at the Starbucks at Bernal and San Ignacio, departing for Monterey at 7:15 AM.
    1) Flyinlo (Jeff) - F355 Spider
    2) Brian Harper - 308GT4
    3)

15. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Looks like a great caravan guys. Wish I could go but can't get out of work on Friday. I'll be there on Saturday though, Will likely go to the Khaki's event and RM auction. Drive safe, and have fun.

16. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    #41 90koenigTR, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    It is my hope that everyone joins us for the rendezvous at Driven Exotics between 12 & 3pm with Huskerbill and the gang. I'm taking delivery of a 1992 F40 today. I'd sure like my first drive to be in the company of many good comrades from the Bay. Thanks and looking forward... with both hands on the wheel!

17. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.

Is this on Friday as well? If so, I have no plans until the fChat party and would love say hello. Congrats on the F40, can't wait to see it in person.

18. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    What Andrei said - I PM'ed you regarding the Driven Exotics thing - would love to see your car, and do some extra socializing!

Orrie

19. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    Gents,

May I suggest changing the South Bay location to Santanna Row at 7:30? Another forum already has a caravan meeting there, and their current lineup is:

1. John - Lambo Superleggera
    2. Marco - Porsche 997 Turbo
    3. Tony - Porsche 997 Carrera S
    4. Arun - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
    5. Toby - BMW 330cic,

Since we would be meeting not far from there in both space and time, it would make sense to rendezvous with this crew and they would love to have us along

20. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Flyinlo, does meeting at SR work for you (and anyone else planning to meet us in San Jose)?

I'm happy to meet as many people as I can, wherever is most convenient for them - a few miles in any given direction doesn't matter much, as long as the CI folks can get their cars on the field in time. As long as we're driving away from the SJ meet-up point by 7:30, that shouldn't be a problem.

21. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Driven Exotics and caravan is on Thrusday. Please, please join us!

22. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    I would love to, but I work late on Thursday, and I'll be getting my car ready after work. Hope to see you Friday, if you're willing to have a few members drop by the dealership Fri afternoon we'd love to come, otherwise enjoy the events.

23. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #48 BLACK HORSE, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009

It would make more sense for the SR folks to gather there and then drive over to the Starbucks off of Bernal to meet the Dublin & Sac caravan cars. SR is way out of the way down to Monterey, to big of a detour just to get back on 101 south to continue on.

24. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    They already have their meet scheduled to leave at 7:30. Making another stop past that point would put cars out of the CI green deadline. I'm just trying to see if we can get the two groups in one place, our group would be the one with some time to spare. If not, we can stick to the original plan. Can the San Jose members riding with us weigh in on this? It's up to them more than us.

25. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just have both groups meet somewhere along the way, Like Black Horse said Starbuck at Bernal Rd. is on the way.