Caravan to CI from the East Bay? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Caravan to CI from the East Bay?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BLACK HORSE, Jul 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Once the Dublin & Sac groups get to San Jose and leave by 7:45, we still have enough time to get to CI and be on the green by 9:30am. From San Jose to Monterey, it's about a hour ride. We are planning to arrive at Starbucks on Bernal by 7:30ish and leave to get back on 101 South. Anyone from San Jose want to hook up with us... just be at Starbuck on Bernal before 7:30am. Hey Jeff (Flyinlo) I'll see you there!

Rob

2. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    Google Maps suggests a 66 mile route that takes 1:14 from the Bernal Starbucks to Laguna Seca Golf Ranch, so leaving at 7:45 gives us a half hour cushion. Any idea how bad the traffic will get in Monterey? Is a half hour cushion cutting it too close?

Jeff

3. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    If the group coming in from Dublin were to go to Santana Row, with no traffic, that is about a 15 minute detour. At 7AM on a Friday, you're probably going to hit traffic on 280 northbound as you approach 17/880 to get to Santana Row. I usually avoid 280 in the morning. I am not out there at 7, but I can tell you that later in the morning when I have been on 280, it is stop & go. I'd suggest sticking with the Bernal Starbucks and avoiding the traffic through town. You should be going against the commute down 101.

Ideally, the SR bunch could shift to our location, or leave a bit earlier and join up with us.

Jeff

4. junior

junior Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Merced, CA
    Full Name:
    Junior Aguilar
    Vijay,

Congrats on your new toy. What time are you going to the Driven Exotics event tomorrow/ We might join you on the way with the Testarossa and a Diablo. Maybe leaving the house around 11:00am.

Jr

5. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    No one knows what traffic will be like. This is the first year of Concorso at this location, there are two other Italian shows that day to spread the traffic out, Hiway 68 is a commute route for regular commuters, Laguna Seca will have Historics traffic, every car guy in the western hemisphere is heading to Monterey in the next few days, etc. Way too many unknowns.

However, this is the first year for Concorso at this location with brand new management. I'd place all my chips on the "traffic will be screwed up." I think leaving earlier is better. I'm going to have enough cooling system testing this weekend without sitting in more stopped traffic than is necessary. And I've never regretted getting there on the early side.

That said, I live three miles from Santana Row, so I'm good with whichever location is agreed apon.

6. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    us sacramento group are leaving at 4:30am,I think the other groups can atleast go alittle out of their way to meet us if they like than us keep going out to strange areas to gather more.I'm only talking becuase I'm unsure where all these places are I'm following sillypuppy. so don't take this the wrong way

7. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Let's keep it at Starbucks on Bernal and San Ignacio, then. I hope you SR guys can come up with us - I promise it'll be fun! :)

8. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    My dad's in town to see the show, so I'll probably caravan down with you guys as well. I'll be in my DD - a JCW Mini Convertible - as the F-car is (still) in need of a brake job. Whenever I have to pull off and go park with the other spectators, I'll do that. In the mean time, it'll be nice for my dad to see your cars on the road. He's ridden in the Ferrari in the past, but he's never seen (or heard!) a rolling caravan. The spectacle of CI will be unlike anything he's seen, I know... This will be a great way to kick off the morning. I'll either meet you guys there at 5bucks, or I'll hook up with Brian and we'll roll in together.

9. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    1) SillyPuppy (Orrie) - F355 Spider
    2) IronDogMike (Mike) - 308
    3) Terculees (Andrei) - Elise
    4)

Dublin guys, at the Starbucks at Hacienda Crossing off I-580, departing for San Jose at 6:00 AM.
    1) Black Horse (Rob)
    2)
    3)

San Jose at the Starbucks at Bernal and San Ignacio, departing for Monterey at 7:15 AM.
    1) Flyinlo (Jeff) - F355 Spider
    2) Brian Harper - 308GT4
    3) Perfusion (Aaron + Aaron's Dad) - Mini Convertible

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike

11. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    Gents,
    Fabulous. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

We will keep it at San Ignacio as is. If push comes to really shove, we can leave at 7:30. I will advertise as such on the other boards. If other people choose to join us, that's their privilege. If they don't, that's their loss. I'll have my Elise and my cameras ready either way. This weekend is going to ROCK!!!!

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Good morning! I'm really looking forward to this.

It's 5:53 AM, and I'm in Portland, OR on business. It occurred to me that by this time tomorrow, I'll be really close to (if not already at) the first meet point in Dublin. And I'm still here, and will be for the next 11 hours. I'd better sleep like a baby when my flight gets home tonight!

Charge up those camera batteries, check your tire pressures, and get a good night's sleep tonight, everyone - long day tomorrow! I'll check in on this thread from the airport if there's time. But otherwise, all that's left for me is, "See you bright and early!"

Orrie

13. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Thanks, Junior. I left a PM for you. Please read as soon as you wake up =^)

14. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #64 irondogmike, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Aaron,you're so lucky to be doing this with your dad,mine passed away 10 years ago b4 I got the ferrari. I would've loved to see his face like you're going to see your dads face on friday. take pictures my friend. yesterday washed,and detailed the car. filled up the tanks,checked oil,tire pressure. wifes packing bags. I'm ready:p

15. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    Looks like we have at least 1 more person joining us in Dublin on our run to CI

There is another group meeting in Dublin after us (6:15) which then goes to Santana Row, then to CI. I really with we could have gotten together into a megagroup, but the SR guys are sticking to their guns about their place and time, and don't want to detour to meet us in San Ignacio. Oh well, you can't please everybody ;-) I'm sure we'll all see each others' fine cars at CI.

Must get sleep now.
    I'll see you all at Laguna at 4:30.

16. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Flew in from PDX this evening, washed and waxed the car in the dark. I'll bet there are big patches of wax somewhere that I missed, but I brought a few supplies in the trunk. See you in 7 hours!

17. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
  18. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    Cool. Gotta like the fancy photos. Nice meeting everyone on the drive down, looking forward to more pics. What?!?! no pictures of us stuck in the repaving traffic...we probably weren't smiling anyway.

19. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    andrei,I sold my car and I'm missing it very much... maybe you have some good pictures of it or me with the car that we could print up larger than a 8x10 though so I could hang it with my awards...

20. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sold it already?

21. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    Bill,it was do it now or later and the offer was good so I took it. when I get back to work I'll get back in the saddle,first I need a job any helpers out there?

22. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    Mike, I hope you still come out to ********** with us!

23. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I'll be there