Carb 308: Creeping Idle | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carb 308: Creeping Idle

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by thecarreaper, Jul 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I had the EXACT same problem. One member posted a very detailed post on syncing the carbs. After reading it, I took my 308 to a shop and paid $300 to have a good 'webber guy' sync the carbs (I would have screwed it up!). He spent 3 hours on the job. The car now idles at 900 RPM and purs right along! Let a pro do this job! They have the equipment to detect how much fuel is going into each carb and make the adjustments. I feel it's an art to pull off this job properly.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks, but there is no one within a 4 hour drive that will touch a ferrari. Andy Green ( only one near here who can work on a ferrari) is very busy with races and car shows, i am planning on having him look at the trans / shifter linkage for me . i have learned alot from this experience and am looking forward to yanking off the intales and looking around and cleaning the engine as i am replacing the leaking gaskets and re syncing the carbs!! :)

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Go for it. Synching the carbs is tedious but not rocket science, especially if you have a flow meter. Very satisfying when done right, and almost never goes out of synch unless something drastic happens.