carb 512BB...looks niiiice | Page 2 | FerrariChat

carb 512BB...looks niiiice

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by pippo, Dec 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Same height, huh? Stood next to a 308 once, and remember it came up to my lower rib. Pretty low profile, Id say.

2. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Got it. But how is the sound compared to the carb'd ones, Paul?

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ive been in both and I didnt notice anything special about the 79 I was in vs my 82. My car has an ansa 2 can system with 365BB headers vs the 4 can with 512BB headers so my car has a nice loud sound anyway. Its intoxicating to drive, the flat 12 sounds incredible.

4. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Thanks for comments. It's all a learning process.

5. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    The car is still sitting at $95,600, reserve still not met, with 7 hours to go. Hmmm? Another 7 hours will tell the tale.

I've never been in a BBi, only heard some sound clips so I can't really comment on the differences in sound, but can say that in my BB, when you're getting on it, the carbs sucking air almost drowns out the exhaust note!
    For lack of a sound clip, just imagine 12 barrels of carburetors wide open just behind your head!
    Yeah!

John

6. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Man, now you got my heart starting to beat faster.....What is it about carbs?? I still say it's like comparing an acoustical piano sound to an electric/digital one. A noticable difference indeed!

Guess it did not sell, huh?

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I noticed it has the typical "push" dents on the clamshell, 4 in total! Great price, makes me feel all warm a fuzzy inside :). Anyone want an injected car for $150k?

10. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Looks like seller has a buddy, if you look at the Bidding History and know the pattern:

l*** added $9K on his first bid, hoping to grab it, a realistic bid-up

k***c jumps in with a buddy-bid, adding $56K to bring the bar up to where the seller thinks it should be.
    Eight minutes later, throws another $6.5K on the fire, to out-bid himself, stepping out of his even lighter P-car interest.

I'd bet that if he (k***c) gets it, we'll see it back in the block quickly, ostensibly, with a "Previous buyer backed out of sale" notation, if anything is said at all.

11. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Possibly the case but if you think about it ... kind of pointless to run it to $130k with shill bidders if you're serious about selling it. Furthermore ... why run it to where "reserve is met" thus making it a concluded transaction where Ebay will charge additional fees for a successful sale?

12. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    With other Boxers on the market at silly prices (there's a reason for our collective "I'll sell him MY $XYZ,000 Boxer" ribbing), making yours an "obviously desireable" "bargain" in comparison can work. It's frowned upon by ebay, but hard to prove. Happens every day.

Probably hoping "l***" will try not to lose the car that "someone else obviously wants, too". Any ebay fee could be worth it, if it works. It's just a calculated risk/return.

13. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Selling a car on EBAY costs $40 if it doesn't meet the reserve, $50 more if it does.

So the fees for doing shill manipulation is only $50.

14. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    i remember maybe 9 or 12 months ago, that same car that wouldnt meet the 75K reserve. anyone else? was at a dealer and was not as well photographed. it's the speaker in the passenger side floor that reminded me. but, it had a wood steering wheel at the time. i know people here know that one, lots of posts about the seller/dealer not being responsive, spotty history and paper work, etc. anway... time changes everything.

15. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Check the links in my post, #9 of this thread. Interesting, if cautionary reading, to give some background on several posts in this thread.

I still stand by my position of a few posts ago. Nine days since the artificial bid-up, and nothing new - we'll see it again soon.

16. American Pie

American Pie Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Camarillo, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Something very strange going on with this one.

17. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Bid retracted because "seller changed description". But no editing was done.

Dumb.

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

not really strange...just typical e-baying as discussed in previous posts.

19. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm........

I wouldn't say "typical ebaying", but predictable from the pattern. Wasn't somebody around here suggesting that something this silly/unscrupulous would be happening soon?

Looks like "l***" is back in the running.....without taking the bait. I'd probably run, given the questionable credibility now attached to this seller.

20. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    .....it's back again.

Back on the block again. Let's see what entertaining stunts they pull this time. My money's on a much later buddy run-up, but still another buddy run-up. After all, it really IS a bargain next to the $175K one that popped up a few days ago.
    It almost sucks to be an ex-marketing guy - it kinda takes all the fun and surprise out of this stuff. Well, most of it.

21. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt