Wanted - Carbon Fiber bits for F355 | FerrariChat

Wanted Carbon Fiber bits for F355

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by jeffdavison, Oct 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I'm looking for some Carbon Fiber interior bits for my F355 .
    in search of:
    1. dash board face surround
    2. instrument/radio surround
    3. center console parts (not the console itself but the parts on top that surround the shifter, ash tray, mirror control faces). Ideally I'd like to find the Valence made single piece part. must be for a 6sp gated fitment

Let me know what have you and what you'd like for them.
    JD

2. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I was also looking for carbon fiber parts. You can try http://ferraricarbon.com/product-category/category1/

And https://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/fe355cafi.html

I am getting parts carbon fiber skinned which is an overlay of real carbon fiber and clear coated. If you need that lead let me know

3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I have both those sources bookmarked for new parts. I'm aware of the skinned products out there. I am looking to see if anyone is selling their previously owned bits. and pieces. Thanks anyways for the reply

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Eagleday no longer supplies the Carbon Fiber pieces. Just got off the phone with them before placing an online order. They said their webstore needs a major update. :( Ferrari carbon still supplies the console overlays, but they no longer supply the dash or radio/instrument overlay. Been waiting for over a week from an inquiry I made with Valence..

5. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I heard valence is no longer in business. that's why I ended up doing a carbon skinning service instead. I am in the process of skinning my radio instrument face surround in carbon fiber as DIY. will post pics if it comes out successful

6. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Just got a reply from Valence. They are indeed still in business. The acknowledge that their center console can take many months, due to economies of scale of a low demand custom hand made part that has 4 configuration variables ( gated, F1, Left hand drive and right hand drive). The said they are still willing to make if the customer is willing to wait. They also have the dash overlay and the radio/instrument surround. The lead time they said is only 3 - 4 weeks... not bad. I went ahead and ordered the center console overlays from Ferrari Carbon in Japan and that lead time is also 3 to 4 weeks. I've dealt with Koji there about 12 years ago when I set up a group buy for Carbon Fiber door sills. Sadly, he said they no longer make the instrument/radio or dash overlays. I replied to Chris at Valence on how to place the order for their parts.

7. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Wow that's a great surprise. I sent emails that went without any response and the phone number goes to a cell phone voicemail. So basically they are just overlays and not a complete unit that replaces the old panels?

Who did you talk to at balance? There were other parts I wanted from them I couldn't find anywhere else. Maybe since you been lucky in reaching them I need to go through you to reach them lol

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison

The panel that goes on the dash (from Valence, the one once offered by Ferrari Carbon and Eagleday) is just an overlay, looks to be die cut.
    Valences radio/instrument panel is a one piece carbon fiber molding, whereas the ones from Ferrari Carbon & Eagleday were two piece overlays.
    The emails I received were from Chris. I believe he's the proprietor /owner of Valence. Tho it did take a couple days to get a reply back.
    email from: [email protected] but reply to: [email protected]

Attached Files:

9. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Thanks this is very helpful. I will email him now. I been looking for this for some time.

10. Pengster355

Pengster355 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2006
    Singapore
  11. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    no quote yet, but I would assume it would be at the advertised price on their website, perhaps a bit more as it has been there for a number of years.

Pengster355 likes this.
  12. Pengster355

Pengster355 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2006
    Singapore
    Ok I just sent them email too. Let’s see if that would help on timing if there are few orders at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I got the first layer of clear coat on my radio instrument bezel. Doesnt look as clean as the valence one but once its installed and covering the wholes shouldn't be too bad.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
  15. Tony Baunach

Tony Baunach Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2007
    All around the world
    Already told Jeff i have a few carbon bits left from the good old 355 days... But no original things. Custom made „one of“ those days for the car. Like Pair of Mirrors, heat protection, gearbox cover. Real carbon fiber not laminated. Actually wanted to get a 355 but prices seem to be steep...

16. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I thought you only mentioned the mirrors.

17. Tony Baunach

Tony Baunach Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2007
    All around the world
    Sorry... could be!

18. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I have the full Valence carbon center console and all the center pieces, and both instrument surrounds mirror control faces. I bought them 15 years ago and surprised they are still in business. Image Unavailable, Please Login The parts are all full carbon fiber with no overlays. The quality is outstanding. I waited over a year after I ordered the center console to have it done. It took many many phone calls to get it finished. I think mine was the first or second that they did.

19. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Let me know what you'd like to get...you can p.m. me
    Thanks

20. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Sorry. Did not mean to imply my parts are for sale. Just relaying my Valence experience.
    These parts are rare and so well made, would never sell them unless I sold the car.

21. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
  22. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Any one interested in carbon mirrors pm me. I have access to some.