458 - Carbon fiber exterior door handles | FerrariChat

458 Carbon fiber exterior door handles

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shermanator, May 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    My particular Speciale spec I think would benefit significantly from CF exterior door handles and I wanted to see if there are opinions about the various options. It seems like this would have been discussed, but I tried searching and did not come up with anything pertinent. The Ferrari Genuine parts I have seen have been described as "carbon fibre look" implying to me that they are the standard (steel?) handles with a carbon appliqué. This seems cheap and superficial to me for such an expensive part. It seems that that MACarbon part is the same as they want your original handles back(which I will not do). The MyRicambi handles however are described as solid carbon which seem superior. If this works, I wonder why Ferrari did not do it that way.

Has anyone done any of these and have an opinion? In particular have you used the MyRicambi handles and did they work well and look good? Are there other options that I missed?

2. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    hmmm... 158 views and no replies. I guess I will order the handles from MyRicambi and give it a shot. I will report back here in a couple of weeks with what I find.

3. Oar9

Oar9 Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
  4. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    I did get the MyRicambi door handles and they seem just fine. They weigh a whopping 10g less each than the factory aluminum handles:). They were easy to change.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oar9 and rob5819 like this.