458 - Carbon Seat Re-Trim | FerrariChat

458 Carbon Seat Re-Trim

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ohared, Jul 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    #1 ohared, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    My carbon Goldrake seats are wearing on the drivers side bolster, the leather is also cracking badly (apparently they all do that). They now detract from the otherwise concour condition of my 458 Italia. The are full black leather with Rosso stitching and red Cavalino on headrest.

What is the collective wisdom of getting these seats re-trimmed to Ferrari standard. Ferrari do not offer a re-trim service. I have reached out to Speedracer800 to ask if this is an easy job for a competent trim shop. Sending them to him is not an option as I am based in the UK. I can find no one in the UK who has re-trimmed this type of 458/488 carbon seat. I imagine it will soon become a widespread problem.

Dermot

2. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Dermot,

I’m not based in the UK, but my official Ferrari dealer offered me that service, through a third party. They took care of everything and my seat (same problem as yours, wear but no cracking - carbon fiber seats in alcantara and leather trim with special stitching) came back as new.

Are you sure your local official Ferrari dealer can’t help you? Any independents in your area? As you say, this isn’t than uncommon of a problem, it shouldn’t be a hassle to find someone to deal with wear and tear on a leather seat.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

3. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Most dealers have a highly qualified local upholsterer they use for various repairs like seats or airbag dash panels. These seats were done by my local high end shop and are perfect.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Omg those seats are gorgeous!

Bordeaux....? Or RC and a dark photo?

5. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Bordeaux, hard color to photograph with an iPhone. Ranges from pink to RC.

6. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Mine have a little wear but nothing major. I'm going to try just having them touched up by a local trim shop.

7. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    You want to go to John at B Trim in Kent buddy.

He is doing my 458 carbon GR retrim.