Carbonio 488 Extended Carbon Fiber Shift Paddles Are Here! | FerrariChat

Carbonio 488 Extended Carbon Fiber Shift Paddles Are Here!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Carbonio, Aug 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We are happy to announce that our incredibly popular extended shift paddles are now available for the 488. To those not familiar our Challenge shift paddles are much longer than the stock paddles offering greatly increased access without compromising any function. Their design mirrors the paddles Ferrari installs in their Challenge race cars but they are far from a track only upgrade. While nice on the track the paddles make for a much more pleasant day to day driving experience and they have been universally loved with the 360-458 crowd we have been supplying over the past several years. Many customers see our paddles as a MUST HAVE upgrade and the following link can give you some real world feedback on our product and company:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia-488/477275-carbonio-458-extended-carbon-fiber-shift-paddles-here.html

One bonus for 488 owners is that Ferrari has increased access to the mounting screws making installation of a set of paddles easier than ever and is less than 5 minute job that can be done right in your garage. We even include an installation tool and detailed instructions. Quite simply if you can change a light bulb you can install these paddles :)

Pre-orders from faithful customers consumed much of our initial stock but we do have a small number currently available and ready to ship.

Full product info and online ordering available at:

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 488 Challenge Shift Paddles

And now for the ever important pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Just ordered one!

What other 488 items do you have coming up?

3. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the order and it will ship today. As for new 488 products we do not have a lot in the pipeline as the cars are so new that most customers just order from the extensive carbon offerings Ferrari has before looking to the aftermarket. That said the long paddles are something Ferrari does not offer and are a considerable improvement in day to day driving. I had the chance to put some miles on our model car in the photos and it always stuns me that Ferrari does not do these paddles as OEM.

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Spectacular work.

5. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We are often asked how long installation takes. To answer this and to help customers out we produced this short video showing the installation process. In less than 2 minutes with instructions and some shameless self promotion we demonstrate in real-time the process for changing one paddle. Repeat it for the other side and eliminate the direction means that paddle install can be done in as little as 3 minutes but lets just say 5 to be safe. No need to even go to your tool box. We include the installation tool and written instructions to supplement the video. No need to go to the dealer for install but if you are really uncomfortable with tools most dealers can have someone spin the wrenches in the parking lot while you wait with no appointment necessary.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuUU70DH90[/ame]

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    With 488's now being delivered in larger numbers we just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know that we have paddles in stock and ready to improve the driving experience for 488 owners :)

7. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    +1 :)

8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    With lots of new 488's being delivered we have just completed a new production run of paddles and have stock available for immediate shipment.

If you have not experienced our longer paddles you cannot imagine how much better the driving experience is with them. This is NOT only for people who drive at the track! The gains are equally great in everyday driving. As shown in the video above installation is super easy and we even give you the tools. Need more convincing? We will GUARANTEE YOUR SATISFACTION. If you are not happy with them we will pay the return shipping and give you a full refund.

More info and online ordering available at: Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 488 Challenge Shift Paddles

And to answer the two most common questions:

1. YES the paddles will perfectly match your factory Ferrari carbon

2. YES we ship internationally

9. AK430

AK430 Rookie

Jun 18, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    AK
    Hi they look great, I would love to order a set for my 488. Thx

10. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Today a 488GTB customer called us up not one week from ordering his paddles to order a second set for his 488 Spider! Turns out after one drive he just could not go back to stock paddles. To answer again the most asked questions:

YES these paddles are a significant improvement over stock (some call it a MUST have)

YES the carbon is a PERFECT match to the original Ferrari carbon. It is impossible to tell the difference mainly because we source our fabric from the same supplier and to the identical spec as Ferrari. When it comes off of the same roll of course the match will be perfect :)

12. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #12 Carbonio, May 3, 2017
  13. Kregu

Kregu Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Europe
    They look really great! I just placed my order;-)

14. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    With more and more 488's being delivered these paddles are proving to be quite popular. We have recently completed a production run and finished QC meaning that there is inventory ready to ship and you can transform your 488 as fast as FedEx can get you a set :)

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Can't recommend these enough. Have a set on my 430 and not only do they look amazing but make the shifting experience so much better due the to range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the positive feedback. Getting people to just TRY THEM is our biggest obstacle. The moment anyone drives with the longer paddles they are converted in the first 5 minutes and you would never know they are not factory to look at them.

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #17 Carbonio, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    This video was posted in another thread, but I'll post it again here because it's really a gateway to how awesome these paddles are.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d97wvvASzZU[/ame]

Notice that when his hands are high or low from steering input, the paddles are no more than a finger's reach away, maintaining maximum control of the car and transmission. This also applies on the street giving a true functional and aesthetic upgrade.

For more information and online ordering visit:
    Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 488 Challenge Shift Paddles

18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Do you guys offer an fchat discount on these?

19. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Yes we offer an fchat discount and do so via PM. This way we can be sure that the discount goes directly to an fchatter and not just picked up by Google or a coupon site for mass distribution.

Anyone interested in an fchat discount on any of our products just send us a PM or an email to [email protected] and we'll send you a coupon code for our webstore. Alternatively we are happy to do things the old fashioned way with a phone call and some one to one service.

20. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    and Rcorsa - the quality is by far hands down PERFECT!!!! see my post about the engine bay.. beautiful product..

21. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Got these and installed yesterday. Literally took 10 min. They look Amazing!!! Highly recommended upgrade.

22. azilko

azilko Karting

Jul 7, 2017
    Just placed my order for a set of these. I really didn't like how low the OEM's come down. While it doesn't matter for spirited / track driving, casually, it's annoying.

Looking forward to getting these installed.

23. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    You are EXACTLY correct. So many people think that this is a track only modification and they are totally wrong. In casual driving you will find yourself making shifts with your pinky finger all the time when your hands are low on the wheel. Also when merging on the highway snatching a lower gear is so much easier and does not necessitate re-positioning your hands on the wheel.

Thank you for your order and I'm sure you will LOVE them.

24. azilko

azilko Karting

Jul 7, 2017
    #24 azilko, Aug 18, 2017
  25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    You'll find it's a nice upgrade :)