Carbonio Paddle Issues | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carbonio Paddle Issues

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jo Sta7, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Guys thank you for the kind words of support. As enthusiasts we design and engineer our products as if it were for our own cars. Once made products are thoroughly tested before the first one is sold and, if you contact us for tech support, you will be interacting with someone with first hand product knowledge. We are not perfect and do our best to make good when issues arise. Today we re-inspected all of our paddle inventory for proper QC and (while no irregularities were found) we have implemented a new dimension gauge in our final checks to avoid a repeat of the OP's issue. Our goal is always to be improving.

Regarding our plate mounting solutions the issues being reported by Shadowfax are new to us and we encourage you to contact us directly to better understand your problem and to offer a solution. Our plate mounts are sold by Ferrari dealers around the world. They can be very demanding and are quick to let us know if anything is not working as it should. The Pista mount is a very unique design that we spent extra time fine tuning. This included extensive high speed and bumpy road testing. The proof of its durability is in the attached photo where an owner drove his car over 120km each way in the rain to the track and ran his car all day at Mosport (one of the world's fastest circuits) all without fault. The F8 is a totally different design which again received a lot of testing and which incorporates a positive lock spring mounting mechanism making it effectively impossible for it to come off.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #27 Shadowfax, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Will pm you my email to discuss further. I didn't contact you earlier as it clearly looks like nothing can be done to improve the situation without a redesign.

PS just PM'd you and with pics and my thoughts on a solution.

3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    I have had no issues whatsoever with 488 GTB and now F8 front plate holder together with the CF paddle shifter product.

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sit rep. New paddles arrived Tuesday and I got them installed today. They fit perfect. Very pleased. They look amazing. So much better than before. I will post pics in the coming days. Very happy!!!!

5. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Props to Carbonio for making all well here!!

Way to go.:D

Need4Spd and Jo Sta7 like this.
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #31 IPO1, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    I hate these kind of posts.

People cry so easy these days, without even giving vendor a chance to reply in private before slamming on internet 10 minutes after complaining.

YMMV and only class act was vendor to me in thread. All free advertising is good they say, but for most they prefer to resolve in private, then leave a nice post how great product and vendor are.

Having owned many businesses (large and small), this kind of stuff just pisses me off. Off soap box.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    welp, agree to disagree. I own 4 businesses and I welcome all criticism as long as the customer is fair when we make it right I’m good with it. It’s not like I went on yelp. This is a Ferrari Forum. I’d assume the quick resolution would help their business not hurt.

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    OR you could have just contacted them in private and waited for reply and resolution.

But, if you are happy then so be it.

Ash Patel likes this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    And provided absolutely zero value to the forum in any real way. To each their own though I respect your position.

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  10. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    The OP had an issue, brought it up on F chat for discussion, commended the company about quick response on the weekend and reported back with satisfaction after issue was resolved. I don’t see any problems here. There is no need for any secrecy to protect a company. Kudos to Carbonio for fixing the issue and I am more likely to purchase their products now.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #36 Shadowfax, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Agree. Op has done no wrong here and has provided value to the forum. No one is posting negative reviews on google and the likes - just sharing their product experiences.

Carbonio are also working on a redesign of the plate holder for me to test..... will report more on that later.

I’m impressed with their level of response and willingness to redesign with a view to providing a more secure solution. They are real stand up guys!

Jo Sta7 and MANDALAY like this.
  12. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    On a different note, I’m loving the story about a Pista owner actually driving to the track in the rain, tracking the car, and driving home! And if I needed a front plate holder in my state I know where I’d buy it now!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The OP did eveyone a service, including Carbonia. The company was made aware of an issue that was unbeknownst to them and in the future, it is certain that this mistake will not be repeated. Furthermore, the expeditious manner in which the error was rectified only is a positive for Carbonia in terms of public relations. In the end - win- win.

Jo Sta7 and Regular Guy 01 like this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    LVP488 likes this.