Carello headlamp RHD-model | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carello headlamp RHD-model

Discussion in '206/246' started by GermanDino, Feb 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#26 dm_n_stuff, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    This.

Even in a concours, wear items, including tires and headlamps, do not have to be original for them to pass muster with an FCA judge. (at least this was the advice given to me BY an FCA/Pebble Beach/Radnor Concours judge in the past.)

Hell, US version cars had two different types of lamps,which, if shopped for carefully, can be found pretty regularly on ebay for just a few bucks. (Westinghouse 6012 and/or 6014 I think.)

The only thing I could see the original style headlamp doing in a concours is being a tie breaker for a silver or gold car. But of course we all know platinum is the only award worth winning, right? So why sweat the tie breakers? :D

D

2. David Ward

David Ward Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    Full Name:
    david ward
    Hi I am new here and to throw a little confusion into the mix I am restoring a 1965 Alfa Romeo 101 giulia SS or Sprint Speciale.
    ok , I have on the car two carello headlamps fitted both worn badly one with cracked glass,
    on the the glass front one is: 03.490.700 the other is 05.490.700 ?
    I live in the UK and assume the prefix 05 denotes UK uses dipp to the left ?
    can anyone help with advice?

3. David Ward

David Ward Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    Full Name:
    david ward
    Hi im still looking for a carello lamp for my alfa romeo ss, the RHD one is 05.490.700 on the glass and 05.490.800 on the bowl , the 03. Is LHD

4. jula1234

jula1234 Rookie

Feb 27, 2022
    Full Name:
    James R LaFevers
    My 1970 euro has one of each. It’s LHD and the right light has the extra bulb and the left light does not. Does that mean one has been replaced, or were some cars shipped this way? SN 1216 was only 7 years old when I got it so would have been very early to replace a headlight

5. David Ward

David Ward Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    Full Name:
    david ward
    Hi is this on a Dino? I would say you have odd lamps for sure, the rhd is 05.490.700 and should have 2xH1 bulbs no side lamp. The 03.490. 700 is for lhd cars, I have seen lots of variations of similar lamps, I should think that someone has had problems getting the right bulbs a fitted anything to hand?