Carl Roberts' Miami Vice Testarossa (Crockett's stunt car) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carl Roberts' Miami Vice Testarossa (Crockett's stunt car)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by atomsrock, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Sadly, only Magnum is on WGN around 11am (CST) now. I got a bunch of Vice episodes taped, and while watching one scene in Slo Motion, I was shocked by the hideous nature of the kit car. They used it for a chase scene where it drove underneath an 18 wheeler that was blocking a road.

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    The "bridge" was the Rickenbacker Causeway to Key Biscayne.

Jim S.

3. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    You can spot the stunt car as the offsets on the rear wheels is way wrong.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The first MV Ferrari was a Daytona replica built on a Corvette chassis. After FNA sued the producers of the show, it was changed to a real TR. The TR was originally black, but sprayed flat-white from a can so it would show better on camera...at least that's what I have read.

5. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    The kit car TR fooled me as a precotious 10 y/o in 1985... haha

6. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Oh-By-The-Way, Miami Vice (probably just the first season) will be out on DVD later this year (XMas?), put out by the same folks who put out the First Season of Magnum P.I. on DVD....I highly recommend the Magnum disks!

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Nobody has answered yet what happened to the Miami Vice Testarossas after the show...

8. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    I remember reading in a mag that the real white testa was raffled and won by a lady. Don't remember more though.

9. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    It was some sort of contest where you bought/got a key and if your key started the car it was yours. It was a lady though who won it. I've got no idea where it is now though. The re-sale on TR's around that time was pretty good right...I'd guess she flipped it to some other buyer....

10. prova4re

prova4re Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Ontario Canada
    I think Pepsi raffled it off, they were pushing there Slice brand at the time.
    It was there have a Slice of Vice contest. It was along time ago so I could be wrong.

11. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It was Tommy Shaw.... the song was Girls with Guns.... this delivered directly to you from my personal databank of useless information.....

12. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Apparently Barrett-jackson just auction off one of the cars for a better than new price... though i can't figure out why the car was silver and not white

13. Blk-Testarossa

May 1, 2004
    The silver car that was auctioned off was actually Don Johnson's personal Ferrari Testarossa given to him by the factory. It was not a car from the show. I would also love to find out what happened to the 2 cars from the show.

14. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    One of the Testerossas is owned by the Swap shop in Fort Lauderdale FL. The other Testarossa is owned by Peter Lima, owner of Auto Pawn plus.
    Also the Stunt Testarossa/Pantera resides in Kingsport TN which was built by Carl Roberts. He deals with Radiators and Reclaim Materials now.