Carpet install diagram? | FerrariChat

Carpet install diagram?

Discussion in '308/328' started by rjd2, Jan 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    Hey all, didn't find anything in the search function, so I'm asking here: I've got a new carpet kit going in, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how all the pieces go in. I've done several sessions moving shapes around, and I still cannot deduce 4-5 pieces. Is there a diagram anywhere of how the carpet installs? I've got the seats out, and the center console removed. Thanks for the help!

2. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    If you provide pics of the pieces you're unsure of I may be able to help, as I've replaced my carpet before. The below pic from Lakewell pretty much shows the orientation of the pieces. Hopefully that may help

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Is this a plug and play installation, or is it more involved including removing rivets, etc.?

4. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    When you take the old one out just match it pc by pc to the new one and install that’s what I did no problem at all. Unless you got the wrong kit

waymar likes this.
  5. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    Thanks folks! That layout should help me, my fellow RJ. Some pieces locations' are intuitive, some are not at all. I had to do some mold remediation, so I just ripped all the old carpet out-I did not track the positioning of the pieces. It's a full gut-seats, center console and door jamb trim pieces are out, so I'm starting from scratch.