Carpet replacement | FerrariChat

Carpet replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Wingnut, Jul 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    Has anyone replaced the carpet set in your Ferrari?
    A recommended supplier would be greatly appreciated.
    (1990 Mondial t cabrio)

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #2 snj5, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There are a couple of threads about 308 carpet replacements; would try searching on carpet and gahh as keywords. Many have used www.gahh.com or World upholstery; they are favorites.
    Rather than use a kit, I bought the raw material from Gahh and had the pieces cut and placed, allowing mw to upgrade and use a better grade of carpet - in my case the top of the line German square weave (as in classic mercedes) in black.grey seen here with nice black cocomate with grey highlights.
    If you wish to stay with the original type and weight of the carpet, gahh has a complete pre-cut kit for many Ferraris
    good luck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

GIANNI13 likes this.
  3. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    I purchased replacement carpets for my former 1990 Mondial T Cab from Gahh.

< http://www.gahhinc.com/convertibletops27_38_3406_138_1028/leathercarseats1251/product_info.html >

Overall, I was very happy with it.
    The car was red/tan so I picked their Cognac color thinking it would be an exact match. It turned out to be a bit on the yellow side, but looked great regardless. When matched against cleaner protected parts of the old carpet, it was a fairly close match. I recommend you get them to send you swatches before ordering.

I had it installed professionally by a local car interiors upholsterer. The job doesn't seem difficult but there is a lot of dismantling and ungluing of old carpet, so it was worth it. There is one area where the installer in fact called me ... the top part of the central hump way up under the dashboard was going to require a lot of extra work if the carpet was to go across there in one piece as the original was, but they could save a lot of time and effort if it was cut way up in there. I went with the simpler approach as it would never be noticed unless the dash was removed :)

The front footwell pieces did not come with the rubber heal pads that the factory carpet had. The installer salvaged my old ones (still in excellent condition) and re-sewed them onto the new carpet.

Lou

4. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Funny you should ask. I just replaced the carpet this last week on my 88 Mondial cpe. Like Russ I opted to have a local upholstery shop use my old carpets as patterns and cut me new ones with a little better more durable carpet. I also elected to go with a cloth binding rather than vinyl, IMO it looks a little more upscale. I always thought my carpet was in good shape untill I put my new embroidered floor mats (made by the same shop) in. Doing it yourself will save some coin if you have the patience and the reward of a nicely finished job is immeasureable.
    I will post some pics tonight when I get home

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    Hey...Thanks guys for the info. I'll be getting a Gahh carpet set in either Cognac or Rust (a bit darker). They are sending samples before I order. By the way, Gahh are the initials for the owner, his wife and two sons according to the sales lady at Gahh and not pronounced GAHHHH, as I did. Its G.A.H.H.

6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    #6 copterjon, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Anyone with experience in a newer model Ferrari. I found a Cali T in a rare triple layer that I love and would consider as a daily driver but the carpets are god awful and actually a deal breaker (They are bright red with a black interior) I want to have standard black.....

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I am in the middle of this on my 328. Bought raw carpet to the original color, a sewing machine, binding, and sewed my set. Long and tedious. No wonder it is expensive to do.

f355spider likes this.
  9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you're in the LA area, check with Vic at Topsonline.com

10. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    I got mine from roadworksauto, and I'm very pleased with the quality and fit.