Carrera GT for sale on Ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carrera GT for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Florida' started by VROOM!!!, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Are you mad Trevi.....that thing was simply gorgeous....very imposing...can't say I was mightily impressed having seen only pictures....but in the flesh, stunning.

And from an engineering point of view that thing is sweet as honey. The carbon subframe for the engine and transaxle are incredible, a work of art. And the sound of that V10 when he gave it some welly, amazing.

But don't get me wrong, I've also seen a fair few Enzo's up close and apart from styling, you can see the engineering of both vehicles is for one and the same purpose.

Cheers
    Simon

2. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    well, considered from an engineering point of view, i may agree, because you are an engineer, me not. but the look is by far not as impressive as an enzo for example. and the sound still was just disappointing to me for such a car, but that's just aesthetics and says nothing about the qualities of the car.
    ...and yes, i'm mad, as you know since a rather long time now :)

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

I'm okay with the car but WHAT UP with that ugly shifter?

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um... You mean you didn't see the one in Monterey...? Tsk, tsk...

The best thing about THIS Carrera GT is how it exotic it looked, even among other cars; behind it, a black Lamborghini Diablo; behind that, a Bentley Continental GT and behind that, a NART blu 550 Maranello... All 4 cars, parked in a row, on Ocean Avenue, in Carmel... i doubt i'll ever experience anywhere else, what i experienced in Monterey...

5. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The shifter has a wood handle as a throw back to Porsche's racing history when Balsa wood was used on the gear shift handle to save weight.

6. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Be that as it may, it is still falsely based to say 612 hp is Enzo beating. You can read between the lines, and it may be true that the CGT is an Enzo beater in some conditions, but what they have said (612 BHP - ENZO BEATER) is not accurate.

Really not that big of a deal but I'm picky. :)

7. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    i was told that the track at bari is extremely narrow, and having seen the GT real live, i have to say that the car is rather small.

8. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    An incredible looking and performing car, and I haven't liked P cars since my last 930 Slantnose in '88. For 350k in 12 months, a good buy.

9. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Saw a Carrera GT last Saturday. I must say it is a beautiful car, definitely a contender against the Enzo. I was disappointed in the exhausts outlets. They looked bigger in pictures.