Carrera GT Spotted | FerrariChat

Carrera GT Spotted

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Teenferrarifan, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Guys I don't believe this, but my dad and his friend both swear they saw a carrera GT in Wayne,PA at the villa straford. They both say it was parked and by the time they finished eating it was gone. They saw it through the window. I think they were just seeing things,but can anyone verify this claim. BTW for what its worth my dad knows cars pretty well.
    Erik

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Wayne Pa. is sort of the Roswell,N.M. of the Northeast, and many things that are spotted there by reliable witnesses are subsequently denied by the folks responsible. Then again, they could have disguised a UFO as a Carrera GT, thinking nobody would believe it even if they went public with their claim.

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Haha I am in just as much doubt as everyone else. That is why I am asking. When should the car be coming to the US?
    Erik

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  5. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#5 maranelloman, Nov 18, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Be nice, Jimmy Page. I grew up mere miles from that very spot, and my mom, brother, & many other family members also live thereabouts!

How about another location to poke fun of?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Funny I heard that rumor too, from a fried that is a Porsche mechanic here in LA. Rumor has early delivery of the GT to be July 2004. Expect a pr campaign middle of May including Road and Track, and Robb Report Reviews.

For a while Volvo was testing the XC90 by driving it around the Griffith Park/Los Feliz area. For the longest time they denied that a Volvo SUV even exhisted. Being a p1800 devotee, I was able to get the driver to pull over and chat Volvo for about 10 seconds, he was as confused by my hotrod right hand drive p1800 as I was of this XC. Luckily I took a photo the first time I saw it and posted it to another forum. I also did the same when Lexus was prepping the IS and convertible. I snapped shots when they arrived for the Taste Of Lexus events and leaked it to the automotive press, but by then, they acknowledged it.