Carrera GT Vs SLR Vs Enzo? | FerrariChat

Carrera GT Vs SLR Vs Enzo?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Garyh, Jun 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Top Gear has to get hold of an Enzo and put it to the test. Now that they have done CGT and SLR I need to know if the Enzo is the car I hope/think it is. Figures show it to be faster in a staright line but for many of us UK viewers TG provides a real reference point with the Stig and the track test.
    I still think they probably fudged the CS Vs GT3RS figures and would love them to have told us what Badoer's times were.
    Has anyone seen any track times for the Enzo which can be compared?

2. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Gary

It would be interesting to see these figures but I do sometimes wonder if our obsession with these numbers is justified. How many people out there will ever be able to take their CS/GT3/CGT to the kind of limit required to make these numbers matter ?

regards
    J

3. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    J , good point but i suppose if i ever could spend upwards of £300K on a car i would want to know i'd made an informed choice and unlikely the Enzo would be picked on looks alone?
    Gary

4. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    They probably wont be using this one. It is a brand new car apparently owned by the guy who is/was married to Karen Millen ( Karen Millen clothes stores ). After the clutch let go he apparently abandoned it on the main road in Iceland and didn't even bother to lock it up. He had even left the radar detector on the dash as you can see in the cops hand. Pity about the reliability of these very expensive supercars.

http://www.vf.is/default.aspx?path=/resources/Controls/47.ascx&C=ConnectionString&Q=Front2&Groups=0&ID=16498&Prefix=1579

5. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    That guy was "alledgedly" at the FOC Kent area Xmas dinner. I was not introduced but he was pointed out to me and if it is the same guy then all i can say is i am not suprised!

6. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    James,

My friend's father has an Enzo, and I was lucky enough to spend 150 miles in the passenger seat soon after he got it. We pulled up at a friend's house, with a number of other F Cars, and needed to reverse - so pull both paddles to select neutral, then press the R button on the wheel to engage reverse. Or so says the manual. When we did this, the display read at first "4" then briefly "N" then "2". Turning the ignition off and on again fixed the problem, but it was quite embarrassing. My friend's father just said "ah, it's ****ty Italian electronics - that's all" he was fairly sanguine about it really!

Ben.

7. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    I agree wholeheartedly and apart from myself, there are but few.