Carrozzeria AutoSport–Modified 1977 Ferrari 512 BB on BAT | FerrariChat

Carrozzeria AutoSport–Modified 1977 Ferrari 512 BB on BAT

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by LightGuy, Mar 14, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This car has been for sale for some time. It's a beautiful mod, let's see what they get for it.

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Very cool, hey what this that TR with a wing? Do you have a Koenig collection?

6. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    It's as if the Koenig body is a stylized and refined version based upon a race car design..... It was probably yellow. ;)

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this is a testarossa koenig competition, narrow body with 1000 hp.the only one koenig made. it has been his test car
    no, have only those 2 koenig, so no collection

no, always red

8. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I'm referring to the track car which served as the model for the Koenig body.

Out of curiosity, are the Koenig modifications to the rear clamshell executed in aluminum, bonded/blended fiberglass, a combination, or a whole new fiberglass clamshell?
    For my 280ZX GTU, the whole front end was replaced with fiberglass pieces*, but the rear flares* were clipped, bonded, and blended to the (clearanced and welded) factory steel, rather than Dzus-fastened to those clips.

* all by Electramotive, along with much of the suspension and brakes - and one of only two built as road cars, according to the guys at Electramotive.

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    So the engine is the stock street version...?

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    all fiberglas on a steel construction

not sure what was first? koenig modified the car I have in 1977 when it was brand new. not know when the yellow has been modified. at that time willy koenig had good connections the ferrari race departement. from those he got the 4 camshafts.

what car you mean?

11. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    The aluminum skin was replaced by a fiberglass skin over the steel framework?

The 365GT4/BB was modified in 1974 and raced 1975-1978, with similar rear bodywork (Koenig tamed it a bit, but kept the design elements like that rear spoiler, but "made pretty"). No snorkels yet, though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    don´t know exactly, sorry. but the steel construction looks not equal to the original. have to see both beside each other to see if the construction is the same. but I think koenig made a new one complete. all other would make no sense. so he could sell the complete original cover.

as I know koenig got one of the first 365GT4/BB from ferrari in 1974 what he modified and also raced. he never sold this car and later one of his sons, walter koenig, used this car for some racing events. after willy and walter koenig died his other son oliver koenig still had the car in 2019 when I had last time contact with him. and he told me that this car is not for sale. but time is passing, so I not know if he still has it or not. but at that car the the front modifications and also the rear modifications has been done. about the snorkels I not remember, never took a photo from this car. always when I visited walter koenig this car was standing in a dark edge, no light anywhere, sometimes covered. but this car has not been so wide at the rear as this what you posted.

you may read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenig_Specials

14. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #14 turbo-joe, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    with only those 4 straight endpipes it must sound like great ! ! ! :) but only for track days

only see the car to look at or also see and hear the car driving/racing? I think will be as fast as a BB 512 LM ?

just read the article - fantastic ! ! !

thank you for posting juan

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This giallo car being sold has a stock engine? It says they replaced the engine. I was wondering if it had been tweaked for more power.

16. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    They said it made ‘about 400bhp’ but they don’t say how nor show a dyno sheet. Engine internal specifics is a big one for this thing

JAM1, George Vosburgh and crinoid like this.
  17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Car sold at 375,512 !
    I’m glad it went way up at the end so I don’t have to feel guilty about not jumping in .

18. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    George Vosburgh and mborda like this.