Cars and Cappuccino at South Park Mall in Charlotte | FerrariChat

Cars and Cappuccino at South Park Mall in Charlotte

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by John Salvador, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    I attended my first Cars and Cappucino at South Park Mall this morning. For those not familiar with it, it is a monthly car meet/show for European cars only. It is heavily dominated by Porsches, but besides my 458 there was another 458 Spider (Yellow), 488 Spider (Red), 812 Superfast (White), a few 308s and a 348 in attendance as well as a 72 Dino (Red). I would say the highlight of the show for me wasn’t a car, but rather the look on this seven year old boy’s face when (after speaking to his mother) if he wanted to get behind the wheel of my car. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen that much joy in anyone.

When I was a little kid I was exposed to several Ferraris and remember the first time I was allowed to sit in one, and I dreamed of owning one ever since. It was one of the things that always drove me to work harder to succeed. Maybe this child will hold onto to the memory of today and one day through hard work be able to achieve his dream of owning a “warehouse full of supercars” (his words not mine.)

Regardless, I know for at least a few minutes, my car made someone besides myself, very happy.

2. Sc330i

Sc330i Rookie

Feb 18, 2019
    Awesome event! Usually there are a few Lamborghinis, however, they were down at European Experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    This is Ferrari Chat, not ‘Lambro’ chat. That being said there was the awesome orange Miura, a red Countach and few other late model Lamborghinis but again this is FerrariChat. Lol

Attached Files:

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Very very cool of you John. Someone did that for me at a young age. I’ve never forgotten. I took my son to Metrolina Auto one day. They to our were gracious enough to let him sit in a bright green Aventador. We didn’t ask - they just asked him what’s your favorite one here? He still talks about it. Amazing how a small act can have a lifelong impact.

nicholasn likes this.
  5. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Any kid who hesitates for a moment passing my cars at a C&C will usually get a hello from me. If he engages he will usually get an offer to sit behind the wheel and get his picture taken. Last Saturday I arrived late and ended up in some pretty harsh sunlight. When a group of us decided to move to the shade where some early cars departed, one teenager got a ride to the other side of the parking lot.

jimlt4383 likes this.
  6. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

Hi Guys,

Great to see this thread pop up here. Myself along with my wife are the primary organizers of these events. As John noted, Cars and Cappuccino is currently meeting at the exterior front of the SouthPark Mall. "Cars and Capp" is a bit different than the other monthly car meet-ups. First, it is a European sports car show (with a few exceptions) and second, it is actually a membership group. Members join, and pay reasonable annual dues ($50 for new members year 1 /$30 ongoing). We also ask our members agree to a Code of Conduct that specifically prohibits the kind of poor behavior that infects so many other monthly car meet-up events. Members get a window cling (NOT a sticker) to park up front in a controlled access lots that hold ~90 cars. Later member arrivals park in the deck directly adjacent to one of the lots. We put 10-12 "special" and/or sponsor cars up front in the valet lanes at the entrance of the mall. Overall, it creates a really great viewing experience for everyone.

Much like John, we really enjoy the fact Cars and Capp is helping create more "car guys/gals" in the world. (John, we think there is a picture floating around on Instagram of your interaction with that boy. We'll keep looking for it) In addition to John's interaction, you can see from the pictures below there were several other interactions between, kids, cars and their owners. All great stuff.

The next cars and Cappuccino is June 16th from 8:00 to 10:00 - actually the morning of Fathers' Day. We think we've got it figured out how we will be able to show the final hour of the 24 heures du Mans during the event too.

Special Request: We're inviting a really nice GT 40 clone to the event - in honor of the legendary "Ford vs Ferrari" LeMans races of yesteryear. We've got a 360 Challenge lined up to attend, but it would be really great to get other Ferrari race cars there too. Shoot us an email to [email protected] if you'd like to make an appearance with your Ferrari race car. We can probably accommodate 2 or 3 more up front.

Attached Files:

nicholasn likes this.
  7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Is that a real 917???? Holy moly!

8. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

A nice little video of the event from last Sunday.

Dincenzo and nicholasn like this.
  9. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

From what I understand, the chassis is factory spec but with a really aggressive horizontal fan 3.6 motor. The owner (great guy) brought it down form Asheville. One of our members is a former Porsche factory 917 constructor himself and is friends with him.

nicholasn likes this.
  10. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

Hi all,

Bring this thread back from the pre-COVID era. We're back at doing our gatherings at SouthPark Mall. Yesterday we had a really enjoyable event. We had a local F40 in attendance along with John Hotchkis' Le Mans raced '73 Porsche RSR. Once again the orange Miura was in attendance and it looked great next to the F40. The next event is June 19th @ 8:00 AM if you'd like to drop by.

Attached Files:

nicholasn and Thecadster like this.
  11. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    tdw28210 and Thecadster like this.