Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA - Photo Thread | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA - Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, Apr 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    It was the PCA club race at Summit Point this weekend. They were all headed there afterwards.

2. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    928 Frenzy (a national 928 event) was going on in DC last weekend.

3. bobberz

bobberz Rookie

Oct 17, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    Full Name:
    Michael Escobar
    Despite the rain and general gloominess, there were actually some interesting cars at Katie's this past Saturday (October fourth). Eric (Zausner) brought his Falconer V12-powered Vicky for the second time. Must be "interesting" driving a 1200 horsepower car on cold, wet roads! Also, it was the first time I've seen a BMW i8 "in the wild", so to speak. An impressive piece of engineering. I almost walked right past the Underground Racing Gallardo that was there, thinking it was "just another" Gallardo. Nigh-on double the Gallardo's original 552 horsepower rating is a bit bonkers. As far as F-cars go, there was a dark blue 308 that I thought was gorgeous. Don't think I'd ever seen a 308 in that color. Congratulations to the owner, if he's on Fchat.

On another note, I bought that silver Alfa Spider that was parked around the side with the "for sale" sign on it. It's my first Italian car and also the first car I've ever bought, period. I look forward to many adventures with it in the months and years to come!

Finally, can anyone direct me to a photo-posting tutorial thread? Is there a size/pixel limit on this site?

Thank you,
    ~Mike

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #479 Devilsolsi, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When you reply there is a section called Manage Attachments. From there you will get a pop up allowing you to navigate to the files on your computer and upload them. This pop up shows you the size limits for each file type. (See screen shots below)

Sometimes you get stuck uploading one file at a time. Unsubscribed members are limited in how many pictures they can upload. Silver and Rosa are unlimited I believe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bobberz

bobberz Rookie

Oct 17, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    Full Name:
    Michael Escobar
    Thank you for the info.

~Mike

6. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  7. bobberz

bobberz Rookie

Oct 17, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    Full Name:
    Michael Escobar
    That is a nice article. Gotta love Eric's sense of humor! I'm actually glad Jay didn't show up, because I got there very late, last week!

I finally bought my first Italian sports car (though not a Ferrari). It's a 1984, Series 3, Alfa-Romeo Spider Veloce. In fact, it's actually my first car purchase, ever! It has rust in the usual spots, but the mechanicals are solid and it starts and runs great, has a new clutch and, as a bonus, the top doesn't leak! I bought it as a driver to enjoy until I can afford to have the rust fixed.

In any case, I just registered it on Monday, so this'll be my first time driving it. Should be at Katie's in a half-hour, or so.

~Mike

8. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Does anyone know if Katie's is on again? The FB page has not been updated and there were several messages suggesting that things are open. Tnx.

9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    From what I am hearing yes.

Replevin and 355dreamer like this.
  10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Seeing a bunch of stuff posted on IG that it is open again. Not sure how crowded it is now. I may try to go this weekend.

355dreamer likes this.
  11. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Responding to my own earlier question - I went last weekend and it was rocking.

sherrillt, zygomatic and gt1995 like this.