Cars and Coffee March 3rd??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee March 3rd???

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by rhyno, Feb 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Can't post pictures till I get back home, but I'll be on that ASAP! I'll try to get a bunch of them up around midnight or so.

2. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Have a lot more, but just uploaded 20 (somewhat randomly selected) photos.
    http://desert-motors.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=290

Lot of really great stuff, as usual. Thanks to everyone that brought a car out! Especially liked seeing the black Gullwing (left early), 3500 GTZ and DB AR1. Shame almost all of my pics of the DB AR1 ended up out of focus for whatever reason.

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Very good turn out, to my eye there were more Ferrari's than any other single make...that was the first time I've noted that...usually porsche would likely come out on top if one were to count...had to be ~25 Ferrari's:

1 599GTO
    2 430 Scuds
    2 CS (lower than usual, just mine and Dino's)
    2 599
    1 California
    ~6 430
    ~4 360
    ~3 355
    ~3 348
    1 456 (beautiful!)

Am I missing any?

4. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I saw your car and walked over hoping to see if the owner appeared, but no one was hovering nearby. I wondered if I should feign breaking in or something to get your attention, but thought better of it :)

Oh, did you move the car and put the top up "later" in the show? (I ask because I saw a closed roof red Cali on the way out of the parking lot)

5. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Thought there were a couple Californias and then then 365 Daytona.

6. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Another Cali showed up a bit later.

I'll be bringing a chair to Windgate so I can camp out. :)

7. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    Not related to Cars and Coffee, but could I possibly ride with anyone on the drive tomorrow?

Back on topic, C&C was fun!

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I will have our Veloce Performance booth at Windgate. We'll have my tuned CS and Porsche Cayenne S on display. Perhaps we can make that the FChat meeting spot.

Patrick....... Great pics as usual. Even my 'lowly CS' got a little love! :)

9. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #34 agup48, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
  11. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    #36 azsunset, Mar 4, 2012
  12. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  13. New River KTM

New River KTM Rookie

Sep 11, 2009
    Love the Zagato, nice that it got a full tune-up before the C&C is that the Veritas next to it?

14. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Was that a real one? I've seen the corvette bodied fakes around town (2 of them that I've seen over the past year) so I assumed this too was a fake...the joke is on me if it was real...I would have loved to check it out, but didn't even bother to walk by since I assumed it was not real...

Anyone know for certain?

15. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    It is real.

16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Holy smokes, I haven't seen a 350 GTZ! I actually have never seen a Lamborghini 350/400GT yet. Man, I really hope my next visit to AZ is timed right!

Chris

17. crofford

crofford Rookie

Jul 21, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    There were three 458's while I was there...two reds and a white with a carbon roof wrap. The 599 GTO was awesome.

18. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    It is! I love seeing more classics as I get to learn more about them, I don't know some of the older cars that show up. Is the Veritas the RS or the RS2000?

It is real, owned by a member on here! I've seen a black Corvette based Daytona Spider around town too.

19. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    #44 Napoleondyna, Mar 5, 2012
    Here's a photo of the Daytona in question. Lovely car, but the way the wheels fit the car and the fender flares had me questioning the cars legitimacy as well.

I'm still working on my photos, haven't had a decent chance to work on them until now.

A big thanks to copterjon for letting myself and a couple others take photos of his 348! Look for those photos soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    It is very real and has an interesting history. The owner had been looking for many years for a Daytona which had been flared in-period. He found one and bought it!

21. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Front one is XKC017, raced extensively when new around Salinas CA. I've have seen a photo of it from the fifties with the driver smoking a cigar while the car is on two wheels after clipping a hay bail. The car was also won Pebble Beach in ~1964. The distinguishing features, the brake scopes were added in 1953. The middle one is a Bitza, i.e. made from spare parts. Almost everything but the body and chassis where spare parts from a lightweight C-type. The lightweight C-types are significantly different from regular C-types. They obviously were lighter using the usual tricks and some unusual ones, they were also the first to come with Weber carbs and disc brakes. The brakes on the car are huge 6 piston calipers in the front and 4 piston calipers on the back. Power assist was provided by a pump driven off the transmission. Stepping on the brakes at 100 mph is like throwing out an anchor, still impressive today and the main reason the cars did so well in LeMans. The car also features an original lightweight three disc clutch, which made the slow cruise thru the parking lot a challenge.

Cheers Jim

22. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You should research the history on the Lister that showed up last month. It was a factory backed race car for Lister and has a long list of races it won when it was new.

Cheers Jim

23. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    Awesome history! I wish I had known more when I was there, I would've taken more photos...

Speaking of photos, mine are up on Desert-Motors!

http://desert-motors.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=291

24. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    It was nice to meet you, Otis!

Thanks Jim, did the factory do the work for the one in the middle, the 'Bitza' one?

Were you driving one of them, if so I think I've talked to you before when you had a Cobra Daytona coupe at the show. IIRC, that was the January C&C.

The blue one with white stripes that was also there this month? I thought that was a 'recreation' of some sorts. If not, I don't remember seeing the Lister you are talking about.

25. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Damn nice photo, Otis. Really makes me want to get a 50 again (and a full-frame would be nice, haha). These four shots stand out to me:

http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-11200
    http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-11221
    http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-11220
    http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-11209

Just so nice and clean, which I've noticed with a lot of your photos.