Cars Baking/Roasting in Las Vegas... | FerrariChat

Cars Baking/Roasting in Las Vegas...

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by RoyalPink, Jul 9, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    #1 RoyalPink, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    I live in St. George, Utah which is 110 miles North of Vegas (for reference). We have basically the exact same climate as Vegas within a few degrees. I was down at LV Ferrari a couple weeks ago and was walking around the lot and thinking about all of the Bentleys, Aston Martins and RRs just baking in the sun. There's only so much showroom space and reserved for the most expensive cars.

Some car's interiors have to get bubbles and/or adhesive letting go in certain spots and other issues. Inside temps must reach 140-160 degrees. I guess they just deal with any issue that comes along when they sell a car. Those poor salespeople must roast firing a car up and cranking the AC for test drives.

ryalex likes this.
  2. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Nothing like a steam shower when you open the door of a car that's been sitting in the sun all day when it's 115 outside. They try to keep the RR's and Ferrari in the showroom except for a couple that they leave out front, but whole lot of Bentley and Aston sitting out there all day.

3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I've never been to Vegas, but I see in a lot of cities some car dealers have
    HUGE canopies over almost all of their cars - mainly to protect them from Hail - and snow.
    And now I see car dealers buying or leasing closed retail stores and making those
    into indoor car shopping 'malls'.

Maybe some Vegas places should consider that, buying an empty location for a showroom.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There are basically four exotic dealers in town, the independents Vegas Auto Gallery and Celebrity have decent indoor storage- VAG had three buildings over two lots but I think they're consolidating. Lamborghini of Las Vegas can only fit 3 or 4 cars indoors, it's basically a kiosk on the side of Audi of Henderson.

Ferrari can fit about 16 indoors in the showroom and another 6 in the service storage, but most of the service cars are in an open lot. The Maseratis, Bentleys and Astons are mostly stuck outside with 3-4 each of new Rolls, Bentley and Aston inside.

RoyalPink likes this.
  5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    But are there NO empty places they could rent? Or Buy?
    I also realize RE is pricey in Nevada, let alone Vegas, I wanted to buy one acre ANYWHERE in Nevada - good luck with that.
    You can buy land all day long in New Mexico for $200 an acre, you can't touch an acre ANYWHERE in Nevada for that or even
    remotely close to it.

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Oh it's not the land it's the interior spaces and cooling it all. I've had this discussion with two dealership managers and they kept coming back to the operational costs of a large floor space [ie. 50+ cars] made margins too tight.

7. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Of course MB is not an exotic but Fletcher Jones on Sahara has a nice underground setup that can hold at least a hundred cars. Upscale MBs are mostly down there and pedestrian/used cars outside.

ryalex likes this.
  8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  9. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    It’s funny to see all the Commiefornia cars of people who just moved here with no tint. Have fun with that. Ceramic tint all the way around is the way to go. My Plaid has cabin overheat protection so it never gets above 90* inside. :D

ryalex likes this.