Cars & Coffee 10/6/07 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee 10/6/07

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LP400S, Oct 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    +1

2. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Great event. Very sad situation, may he rest in peace. Be careful out there fellas.

3. Cinemagic

Cinemagic Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Cary Christie II
    No more pics?

4. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    #54 pat_ernzen, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Cinemagic

Cinemagic Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Cary Christie II
    Always nice to see my baby, how did you know? :)

AWESOME shots by the way, not just of my car but all of the cars.

6. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Try looking at a Pantera and the M1. The bodies are VERY similar.

7. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    #57 pat_ernzen, Oct 9, 2007
    Thanks, glad you like them. I just figured you might be looking to see if anyone took photos of your car (I know I'd want to see some if it were my car) and then checked out your profile to see which was yours. :)

Here are some more samples. Still have a ton to go through. Again, higher resolution here: http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=94
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    #58 CMT, Oct 9, 2007
    I agree. I have a '72 Pantera, with both of them parked next to each other, there are a lot of similarities. More between the Pantera and Jalpa then the Pantera and M1 though.

Did I miss a yellow Pantera Saturday? Bummed about that! Maybe I will bring the Pantera next month.

TT

9. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
  10. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    #60 Argento839, Oct 10, 2007
    Guys, it turned out that the guy that was killed on the motorcycle where we were having the Cars & Coffee meet is the founder of an organization that my boss belongs to. Here is statement from that organization:

Ben F. Brooks

January 25, 1940 – October 6, 2007

Dear EO Colleagues,

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you of the passing of Ben Brooks, 67, Paradise Valley real estate developer extraordinaire, entrepreneur, author, humorist and founder of the Arizona Chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization.

Ben died suddenly on Saturday in a tragic motorcycle accident in Scottsdale on the way to his grandson’s soccer game. “Gentle Ben,” as many of his friends and colleagues called him, left an irreplaceable mark on Phoenix, on local real estate and business, and on literally thousands of leaders here, across the nation and abroad who he touched through his long-time involvement in the Young President’s Organizations (YPO) and our Entrepreneurs’ Organization.

Ben built his career and lived his life with gusto. He was a smart businessman with an uncanny sense of opportunity. Born in Long Beach , CA , he received his real estate license at age 19, moved to Phoenix in 1963, worked hard, and opened his own real estate company, Ben Brooks and Associates, in 1969. His specialty was creating solutions for difficult properties. And, he was good at it—buying and selling over a million acres of land and making his company one of Arizona ’s leading land developers. Over the years, Ben expanded the firm to include Diversified Advertising Company, Brooks Distributing Company, Sound Entertainment, Inc., and Brooks, Murphy & Associates.

Ben wasn’t just about business. He was a fun-loving guy who filled peoples’ lives with smiles. He believed, “you don’t stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.” Ben collected jokes and witty sayings over the years and wrote three personal joke books to keep people laughing! He was a wonderful husband to wife Lovisha and former wife Donna, a loving father to Ben “Tres” Brooks III and Julie Brooks Horne and grandfather to Natalie, Lauren (due in November), Haley, Bruck and Alex.

All his life, Ben believed in giving back and mentoring. He is a former Realtor of the Year, past president of the Scottsdale Board of Realtors and served on numerous civic, business and charitable organizations including Arizona Association of Realtors, The Young President’s Organization, Phoenix Thunderbirds, Sun West Development Corporation and Barrow Neurological Institute.

Fifteen years ago, Ben wanted to do more to mentor young entrepreneurs. So he kicked off EO AZ. A handful of people showed up and three people signed on— Tres Brooks (Ben’s son), Thaine Fisher and Greg Sprunk. Ben’s spirit, quest for continual learning and celebration of life continues today among our dynamic EO members.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to The Phoenix Children’s Hospital, the American Heart Association or Friends of the Arizona Cancer Center .

11. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Ed,
    Thanks for the info, this has been on my mind all week. Maybe at the next cars and coffee we could pass the hat so to speak and make a contribution to one of the listed charities in his memory. Sounds like he was the kind of guy who would have gotten a kick out of what we were doing that morning. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

12. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Wow. On the way to his grandson's soccer game.
    Put's everything in check. I can't put in words how I feel.

Sad.

Tony.

13. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    I think this is a great idea.

Tony.

14. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Sounds like a great idea John.

15. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Well guys, lets talk to Steve and get things going. All the charities listed are terrific, so I have no preference. Since the C&C is Steve's thing and assuming he would like to do something like this I think he should be the one to pick the charity. I think doing something like this will bring closure to everyone that was there as well as do something good for the community. We can honor this man in a way he would have been proud.

16. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    On the SECC forum we were talking about doing a charity run, this would be perfect. See how many people we could get out to the event, im sure alot would come. Seemed like a successful and nice guy, its too bad this had to happen.

17. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
  18. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Hi guys, Back here in Wi. its cold and raining so I am looking at some sunny photos from Az. and see a beautiful dr blue 550 from Ia. As it turns out I have been in that car. Stan the old owner is a friend back here. I do know Stans son now has the car, but is he on Ferrarichat?

19. jazzymoonz

jazzymoonz Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    My name is Terisa and I'm working on behalf of the family of the man (Ben Brooks) that died in a motorcycle accident on October 6, 2007. I understand that Blake witnessed the accident (or at least part of it). I'm looking to contact him, as well as anyone else that may have witnessed part or all of the accident. I would appreciate any help in locating / contacting witnesses.

Thank you,
    Terisa Fullmoon
    (602) 672-1300
    [email protected]