Cars & Coffee 4/12/08 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee 4/12/08

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LP400S, Apr 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Ed, While I appreciate your enthusiasm for my efforts on the Bollettino please know that I’m not the least bit concerned if certain individuals with an agenda compliment me or not. I know who they are and they know I know they think it’s good…..They will just never say it in public. To do so would be complimenting the FCA and that will surely never happen.
    Unfortunately, before my time in the FCA things were said and done, people were offended, feelings hurt and lines were drawn in the sand. As with any big organization this is bound to happen from time to time. What is perplexing to me is why things can’t be sorted out. It seems to me there will be peace in the Middle East before this will get fixed.
    There is enough BS associated with owning these kind of cars and adding this kind of stuff to the mix really makes it a miserable experience.
    I think some people have had a silver spoon up their a$$es for so long they really haven’t any idea how blessed they are. If you really take a good hard look at this it’s pathetic for adults to behave this way.
    I think the valleys car community should be turned into a reality show on MTV. It has everything an audience could want…..Snobbery, wealth, glitz/glamour, bickering, infighting, exotic cars, hidden agendas and most importantly out of control egos. This is the kind of garbage I don’t like my daughter watching on TV yet somehow I seem to be involved and I’m not even sure how I got here and for that matter don’t want to be here.
    Enough of my rant I’m going to play cars with my grandson now and treasure what’s really important…….and it’s not a Ferrari.

Ciao…

2. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005

+1 John, you're one hell of a good guy. ;)

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Hey John, FWIW the new leadership at the club seems to be doing a nice job, especially what I've seen of your work so far. Well done. The real issue is as you correctly state - things were said and done that should never have happened by the so called leaders of a club of enthusiasts ,and to cap it all off you now have a new "enthusiast" who is clearly only enthusiastic about picking fights. Until you can make the club all inclusive and fair and equal, without "leadership privilege and perks" there are many in the collector car community who would rather not deal with the politics and hassles. BTW everyone is welcome at Cars & Coffee on Saturdays, regardless of their club affiliations.

4. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    If I am the member who is being accused of picking fights, let me point out that I started no fights (maybe participated but not started) and let me also say that it brings me no joy to quarrel with some of you guys. If people come on here and make controversial and disparaging statements about the FCA, how could they not expect one of the FCA members to take issue with it? If you don't like the FCA then fine. If you don't like the FCA and want to come on here and trash the FCA then fine you have that right just expect people to take issue with it. The FCA members are not scumbags but rather really nice guys who have some really really nice cars. I can't imagine how such a club could offend anyone. I think it is a great club and could not be more proud of it.

5. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ed,

I didn't see any connection to the Bollettino and this thread until you drug it in. I don't know why you brought it up. Whether or not anyone complements someone else about a publication unrelated to the Cars & Coffee event is completely unrelated to this thread.

I will tell you that I am personally tired of seeing your whining on F-chat. Your overall contribution, in my personal opinion, is negative. So, from me, just put a cork in it. You are not going to solve your club's issues with ex -members online, or ever. It just makes you look small. Really.

Please can it.

-Dave

6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Thanks “A”

7. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Yawn. I'll unapologetically take issue if someone UNFAIRLY badmouths the FCA. I'm not guessing you're a member...

8. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Your actions reflect on the club. Your messages here have made it clear that your club is beneath my dignity.

BTW, nobody mentioned the FCA in this thread until you drug up the "failure to complement" charges.

9. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Guys come on its compliment with an "i"

10. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    You are so misguided. The things you took issue with were statement regarding members from waaaay before your time. Scumbags was probably a kind way to describe people like the business promoter who joined the club because he thought that people with Ferraris were easy game (the scumbag in question) and who conducted fraudulent schemes and tried to con club members. As time went on other egregious acts occurred, club officers became enamored of their roles and power and at best were preachy and at their worst were little dictators running things without regard for the members' desires, also long before you ever signed up. The final schism occurred when certain of the club's leaders decided to use the members dues (your money) to entertain themselves and a little clique inside the club, at the expense of the greater membership. You are clearly oblivious to all of these past events and your stupid and lame attempt to "stand up" for the club has made a you a laughing stock and an embarrassment to the many good people who are members now and who cringe at the sight of your asinine posts. Your bravado will never be a substitute for the facts and you should probably apprise yourself of the facts before going off on another self righteous rant.

11. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    You too. I can't tell you how many people are against....wait, disagree with you and feel that you are partially responsible for what has taken place. Here you are calling me names and attacking me... Again, I take no joy in fighting you guys. As for you focusing on me "standing up" for the club, ask yourself why you want to tear down the club. I'm not out to win a popularity contest - I see something that is offensive to me and I have taken issue with it in a forum that is for nothing more than sharing opinions and info and I will not bend my principles because I want to suck up. For those people that disagree with me in this forum, fine.

12. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Wow! How did all this start from a "Cars & Coffee's" thread!
    I just like to see all the cars on Saturday morning, talk with all the guys, have Coffee, etc.
    With the help of some others, I also like to plan and go on a few drives/events, etc.
    A lot of the new guys in the FCA-AZ are great, and I have known some of them over the
    years when we had different cars. I don't own a Ferrari right now (at least until Nerd sells me his CS),
    and that's one of the reasons that I'm not a member anymore, but I surely don't miss the
    politics and ego things still seemingly going on. Dino, you cannot ever mention "hidden agendas" again! :)
    See what you started! By the way, you did a great job, CopterJon!

13. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Would someone, anyone please post some more car pics. PALEEEZE!!! I for one would like to see some cars. I don't want to hear about Bollettino, the FCA, old members, new members, old gripes and or new gripes. My head is going to EXPLODE. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

14. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim

John, see if you can have someone snap a picture of your head exploding. That would be cool!

15. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'd like to see that too!

16. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Guys,

All I can say about this thread is.........wow.

Copter John, I just looked at the Bolletino. Very nice...well done.

Bill

17. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The turnout was fantastic. Especially considering I forgot to inform many people of the postponement. I was particularly pleased to see a 1969 Mangusta show up what a beautiful yet strange looking car...absolutely loved it. That and the Montreal were definately highlights for me. Pat shuns me again without one picture of the 1999 passat....rediculous...jk Wish I would have remembered my camera so I could share the Mangusta with those of you here.

As far as the Bollettino goes, I have only seen the online version, it does look fantastic...much better than when I did the work...Kudos to CopterJon for stepping up the quality.

18. highway

highway Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks like a nice meetup. I really like the 360 with the Oregon plate. ;)