Cars & Coffee 9/06/08 Special Event | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee 9/06/08 Special Event

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LP400S, Aug 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Our September 6th Cars & Coffee will be a special event hosted by Oliver Smith Jewelers. They have noticed our gatherings and have asked if they could host it one month. They will be providing complimentary coffee and breakfast etc.. There will be tables set up for those wishing to relax and enjoy the scenery like we sometimes do. The start time is 7:30AM. The location is in the same Gainey Village shopping center located on the southeast corner of Scottsdale & Doubletree. The Oliver Smith Jewlery store is on the east side of the shopping center. You can see if you are standing in front of Coffee Bean. We will be parking in front of Oliver Smith. There is also promised to be a "special" car from Scottsdale Ferrari. As always all exotic and collector cars are invited.

2. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Nice. I'm looking forward to it. And I have a feeling I might know what the special car is. :)

3. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    It's amazing how this little get together has taken off. It's obvious that these kind of gatherings are the way of the future and the so called structured clubs are on the way out. I like it!:)

4. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I shall be there!

5. BlahBlah221

BlahBlah221 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    F50s are pretty special.....maybe?

6. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I'm gonna try to make this one :)

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 Ingenere, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It looks like a great event. Here is the invite........

Perhaps there will be some opportunities to get some pictures of my 'lowly 348'.... or some other 'special Ferrari' :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Dang, we should rename this one Cars, Jewels and Coffee, and Oliver Smith jewelery should be handing out jewels. :)

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Just curious who the heck "Ferrari Club of Arizona" is??

Will Desert Region FCA be sponsoring, or have they mistakenly concluded Scuderia Southwest as being some derivative of FCA?

http://scuderiasw.com/

10. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    You are correct it is NOT a Desert Region event. It is a ScuderiaSW event. They seem to internally call our group the "Ferrari Club Of Arizona" since on any given weekend there are 10-15 Ferrari's there at Coffee Bean when they come to work at the jewelry store.

Just to make clear this event is for ALL makes and models of cool cars. Should be lots of fun!!!

11. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was going to ask the same questions.

12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I suspect that Ferrari Club of America wants nothing to do with our rag-tag bunch of car loving, club shunning, coffee drinkers. ;)

Jim, we'll need your "south of the tracks (Chandler/Ahwatukee/Tempe)" CS to appear at this C&C as I'll be unable to attend.

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    is just me...or is this website's prancing horse more like a prancing stripper?.. or did I just ruin the coming surprise ;)

14. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I plan to attend but I have to get a new clear bra installed on my front bumper as I just had it repainted for stone chips.

15. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    So, you actually drive your car enough to have stone chips on the bumper? Please submit you VIN to the "story CS" thread. ;)

16. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Only our contributing artist knows for sure.

17. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    20k and counting. It's funny you mention the "story CS" thread. I was thinking about posting there as a joke due to the bumper repaint.

18. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    20K miles! Oh my God...... and it still runs? Don't bother to it post there. The collection of folks w/far too much time on their hands, have nothing better to do than document such nonsense.

19. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Boys,

I know you may not remember me, but I am going to try and make it......Steve, need any cars driven to the show? Planning on flying back from Florida on Fri. Went to cars and coffee up here in Vegas today before work with the 355.....many, many cars. Vendors also set up tents to sell stuff. I'll take some photos next time. Some local talent was walking around.....getting photos taken with cars. Real lookin' fake ones or fake lookin' real ones, not sure which!

Billy boy

20. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Yeah Steve, need any assistance? ;)

21. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Bill, It will be great to see ya. Hope you can make it, it's going to be a great C&C.

22. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    I am looking forward to attending my 1st event. Sounds like a laid-back atmosphere, so should be nice. Will be nice to meet fellow car enthusiasts and see some great rides!

23. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    You told us that you were moving to LV for your career and no state taxes......we now we know the truth. ;)

24. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    I think I'm going to make this one.

25. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Nerd,

My two favorite elements in the periodic table are silicone and saline!

Dogdish